Temp Healing Should be "Shielding"

Options
So... I am in support of the healing change... but here's my idea to still make Temp Healing a viable option.

Change their "healing" to "shielding" and allow their heals to go over a characters max HP. In doing this, a player could focus on going for the blue, green, yellow they need early to "shield" their heroes and prevent damage, rather than the temp healing option in its current form.

Pre-nerf, players would go damage AP early, take down their threats, and then heal up before the fight ends. With this change, it'd make an opportunity to still use those characters, and the trade-off would be not going for damage AP generation early in lieu of shielding damage... which would provide options and be more of a risk/reward situation.

I think it'd make for more interesting gameplay decisions then.

Thanks for the consideration,

Aebrams
Reign of Magus

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aebramz wrote:
    So... I am in support of the healing change... but here's my idea to still make Temp Healing a viable option.

Change their "healing" to "shielding" and allow their heals to go over a characters max HP. In doing this, a player could focus on going for the blue, green, yellow they need early to "shield" their heroes and prevent damage, rather than the temp healing option in its current form.

Pre-nerf, players would go damage AP early, take down their threats, and then heal up before the fight ends. With this change, it'd make an opportunity to still use those characters, and the trade-off would be not going for damage AP generation early in lieu of shielding damage... which would provide options and be more of a risk/reward situation.

I think it'd make for more interesting gameplay decisions then.

Thanks for the consideration,

Aebrams
    Reign of Magus

too bad it doesn't go over your max health. i'm betting more that not that you have an intensive roster of maxed out 3* so your choices precludes you from noticing how "true healing" is devastating a person with small roster. like yesterday if you were going through in heroic juggs with 5 usable characters in 3 consecutive games say the AI get super cascade it usually gets you are going to be SOL, now you can't retreat heal up then go at it again. you either wipe or retreat, it wouldn't matter you are going to use all your health packs and will be thousands of points behind if you wait and don't buy more health packs. as for making matches beginning every game for your "shields" first theory, you make the matches how that board is laid out, sometimes it gives you matches for your attacks or your defenses; you play the board that is presented. only way to guarantee you have right colors to start is to boost and if you have to do that every game then your not going to have it when you really need it like if you shield hop.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have 3, 141s and neither are Daken / Patch... so no, I don't think I have an extensive max roster.. and thus my opinions are now valid?... using your logic there. For the Juggs PvE, I had (pre-buff) lvl 67 HT, 56 GSBW, 70 M. Storm, 30 IM ... I did not feel like I was in that bad of shape and could still grind.

Yes.. healing over the max health was my suggestion.. but call it shielding instead.

You take the AP you can, but you still prioritize... I don't understand your reasoning on this one.

The healing change is overall better for the game... people just don't really see it.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your idea is insufficient to resolve the problem that healing was used to prolong play time into longer consolidated blocks for PC players.
    PC players don't have the luxury of mobile players to bust out a phone every odd 2 hours of the day for a quick 5 minute smackdown.
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Ive got 5 maxed 2* and my highest 3* is a 41 moStorm and I played from 150 to 750 in shield training using OBW to "shield" the rest of my roster. If her healing went over max health it would significantly extended play time for people who use it effectively.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I also agree
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Your idea is insufficient to resolve the problem that healing was used to prolong play time into longer consolidated blocks for PC players.
    PC players don't have the luxury of mobile players to bust out a phone every odd 2 hours of the day for a quick 5 minute smackdown.

This I can understand. I do not play on PC and did not consider it from this point of view.