Is it possible to choose which of two same chars to upgrade?

I have 3 yellow IM40 covers in cache(rewards section). 2 of them expires in 85 days, and 1 expires in 5 days.
I have two IM40 recruited. First is lvl 61 - 5/5/1 and second is lvl 15 - 1/1/0

I want to use yellow cover from cache (which expires in 5 days) and upgrade IM 40 which is lvl 15 - 1/1/0 to 1/1/1, I do not want to upgrade 5/5/1

a)If I upgrade yellow from IM40 screen, I guess first cover from cache will be used (by order of obtaining yellow covers, and by order in cache: yellow cover with 85 days is first)
b)If I use train button from cache, I guess it will auto-update stronger IM40 which was created long ago.

Can anybody confirm that if I use a) option, that I will be able to choose specific yellow cover IM40 to use? (I guess this is no for sure)
Can anybody confirm that if I use b) option, that I will be able to choose which IM40 to upgrade?
Is there any other way to upgrade weaker IM40 with specific yellow cover?

Thanks

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    spell wrote:
    I have 3 yellow IM40 covers in cache(rewards section). 2 of them expires in 85 days, and 1 expires in 5 days.
    I have two IM40 recruited. First is lvl 61 - 5/5/1 and second is lvl 15 - 1/1/0

I want to use yellow cover from cache (which expires in 5 days) and upgrade IM 40 which is lvl 15 - 1/1/0 to 1/1/1, I do not want to upgrade 5/5/1

a)If I upgrade yellow from IM40 screen, I guess first cover from cache will be used (by order of obtaining yellow covers, and by order in cache: yellow cover with 85 days is first)
    b)If I use train button from cache, I guess it will auto-update stronger IM40 which was created long ago.

Can anybody confirm that if I use a) option, that I will be able to choose specific yellow cover IM40 to use? (I guess this is no for sure)
    Can anybody confirm that if I use b) option, that I will be able to choose which IM40 to upgrade?
    Is there any other way to upgrade weaker IM40 with specific yellow cover?

Thanks
    There is not. You have down exactly what would happen if you were to train from either screen. Normally, this isn't an issue since Covers normally expire quicker and users want to get them out of the cache ASAP.. This one is an edge case due to the grandfathered older Covers hanging around.
  • This seems a little lazy on the design side. When training from the character screen you should obviously be top 1 order by however you're determining duration. There's no reason to assume the user wants to do anything other than use the first to expire cover.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Ranzera wrote:
    This seems a little lazy on the design side. When training from the character screen you should obviously be top 1 order by however you're determining duration. There's no reason to assume the user wants to do anything other than use the first to expire cover.
    Which is normally the case except for this grandfathering. If you got a cover before another one, that first would be the first to expire in all cases before and since. Again, it's an edge case created by a special scenario that isn't the norm by any means.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    This seems a little lazy on the design side. When training from the character screen you should obviously be top 1 order by however you're determining duration. There's no reason to assume the user wants to do anything other than use the first to expire cover.
    Which is normally the case except for this grandfathering. If you got a cover before another one, that first would be the first to expire in all cases before and since. Again, it's an edge case created by a special scenario that isn't the norm by any means.
    Oh, I think I get what you're saying. You're sorting on the primary key. I guess that would be a normally safe route. When timers are involved things can get weird though.
  • I expected something like this would be answer. Basic system was not created expecting different expiry interval, and cache covers with 100 days of expiry where part of big update, in any other situation this would work. (however I still think that IM40 is better at 5/5/1, especially when I do not want to spend ISO on him)

IceX thanks for fast reply, you are doing great job on forum.

I will probably go for 5/5/3 and 1/1/1 in 4 days