Poll for those who've quit: how much did you spend?

Options
The Finn
The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
The true healing thread had posts from various big whale spenders stating that not only had they spent BIG dollars in the past (high that I saw was $600), the recent changes to spidey and now healing have pushed them to stop investing into this game any further.

Based on what I've read about the F2P model, the vast majority of players do not spend a cent on the games and monetization is driven mainly by these whales at the top end, who not only spend big, they spend often.

So I posit that if these whales start to curb their spending, D3 is really going to feel it right in the tinglies (tinykitties?) as health packs from the masses won't make up for that hole.

Although I know these polls are ripe for abuse/misinformation, I would really love to be able to see if we can get enough of a sample to extrapolate/project what it could potentially mean for D3.

Apparently the metagame for me now is to understand how the economics are driving the (seemingly poor) decisions being made. icon_lol.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't actually quit, but I don't plan on spending anymore on this game unless game play changes in a significant manner toward something more role-play oriented. This competition for covers stagnates quickly, and even if they conjure up some of my favorite characters, I still won't pay for them. I'll just keep playing for free and collecting slowly.

Incidentally, I spent $20 after the first two weeks of play to open up roster space. I have yet to spend anymore beyond that aside from my time, and "time is money, friend."
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I were unhappy with the game, I would not only curb my spending but also not play. There are so many games out there . . . . .

Since I'm not unhappy, why would I curb my spending because others are?
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Finn wrote:
    Apparently the metagame for me now is to understand how the economics are driving the (seemingly poor) decisions being made. icon_lol.gif

The forum community is such a small percentage of the user base that even 100% participation here would be meaningless.

There, I just saved you from wasting time on your "metagame."
  • The Finn
    Options
    Although those that participate on the forum make up a tiny minority of the overall user base, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that there will be a close correlation between the sentiments here and the broader player base. 'Regular' players may not have grievances quite as specific as what you see here or analyze things down to the minutaie, but the metrics (e.g. Hourly avg users on steam) show a dropoff in players, i.e. loss of interest or discontent with the game. That likely results from the same broad reasons/issues being voiced here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Finn wrote:
    Although those that participate on the forum make up a tiny minority of the overall user base, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that there will be a close correlation between the sentiments here and the broader player base. 'Regular' players may not have grievances quite as specific as what you see here or analyze things down to the minutaie, but the metrics (e.g. Hourly avg users on steam) show a dropoff in players, i.e. loss of interest or discontent with the game. That likely results from the same broad reasons/issues being voiced here.

On the contrary - any MMO professional will tell you that the views on the forum are totally unrepresentative of the overall user base.
  • The Finn
    Options
    As I am not a MMO professional, I will have to take your word for it. But as an example, something like True Healing I have to imagine elicited a negative reaction from most players, even if they weren't able to articulate the WHY the same way as the hardcore forum goers could.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Finn wrote:
    As I am not a MMO professional, I will have to take your word for it. But as an example, something like True Healing I have to imagine elicited a negative reaction from most players, even if they weren't able to articulate the WHY the same way as the hardcore forum goers could.

If you didn't have a healer in the first place then the healing changes didn't effect you at all. In fact it helped you because your characters heal faster now. I still suspect this was the real reason for the change, so those in the early stages could compete better. They're the ones spending money on roster spots for all the covers being thrown at them and early success is more likely to keep them on the hook longer. Or maybe it really was done for the long term betterment of the game. Anything's possible, I suppose.