Locked Posts for Speaking our minds...

Options
Is there any reason that posts of users speaking their minds are getting locked out. I would understand if they were going on a rampage and writing a bunch of tinykitty and doing nothing but bad mouthing D3. But alas... all they are doing is speaking from their own personal experiences and the comments are people that agree and/or have had the same experiences.

Not only is this "shady" but it is also unwarranted because basically all we want is for the devs to hear what we have to say. We are trying to help them keep their player base. If these changes keep happening with no warning at all, everyone will get fed up and just leave. It has already started and is starting to migrate to people not paying anymore for anything. I digress, this is for a different thread...

Back to my original point, why lock posts that are well constructed and thought out such as viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10397. especially within the first hour they are up, but we constantly see spam posts that stay up for days at a time. This makes no sense what so ever.

Can someone please explain this to all of us? Either the mods if they know, or even IceIX. Shed some light on this for us and try and help us understand this. Please and thank you.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simple; the more the vitriol is consolidated to a single thread, the easier it will be to gloss over and miss, reducing the impact of any complaints for fresh new forum visitors.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Think of it as a drinking game...

Take a shot every time they lock a thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I didn't see your post before I created one...

But I want to know why they are Stealth Locked*, as I am calling it. No notation what so ever as to why and who locked them.... icon_neutral.gif

*Another acceptable term would be Ninja Locked...
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Because there's already a thread about the healing changes and having two threads to talk about the same thing does nothing but let people know that you started a thread

Speak your mind in the designated thread and stop making duplicates
  • Unknown
    Options
    Explaining a lock in a thread bumps the thread back up to the top, and I didn't want a block of 8 locked threads at the top of the queue. And it would have been extra work. Lazy moderator.

I'm fine with complaints, but when there were 15 threads on the same topic on the front page, I decided to lock a bunch of them. There are plenty of threads that can still have gasoline poured on them. Go and gather your pitchforks and torches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Because there's already a thread about the healing changes and having two threads to talk about the same thing does nothing but let people know that you started a thread

But this isn't about the healing changes, I couldn't care less about that. Yes it irritates me, but they don't listen anyway. The point of this one is to figure out D3's reasoning to locking well thought out posts of certain players thoughts and opinions. This is "general discussion" forum is it not? It is general, and talking about different things, and asking questions to figure out the devs/mods reasoning to things is legitimate and shouldn't be locked out. Especially without getting some sort of answer or explanation.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

But this isn't about the healing changes, I couldn't care less about that. Yes it irritates me, but they don't listen anyway. The point of this one is to figure out D3's reasoning to locking well thought out posts of certain players thoughts and opinions. This is "general discussion" forum is it not? It is general, and talking about different things, and asking questions to figure out the devs/mods reasoning to things is legitimate and shouldn't be locked out. Especially without getting some sort of answer or explanation.

I'm talking about the threads that get locked, not this one in particular :p

Nonce pretty much said the same thing as I just did in the other "locked threads" thread
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could just unlock all the healing threads, and then make every new thread about healing sticky.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I could just unlock all the healing threads, and then make every new thread about healing sticky.

I think that's the sort of all or nothing mindset that's got everyone upset right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you think the linked post was thoughtful and well constructed you are severely mistaken. If anything it was a riotstarter. An open appeal to everybody to boykott the game?
    Sure.

If you have any feedback regarding the changes you can post them in the stickied discussion thread or look in the feedback/suggestion forum thread. Everybody opening a single thread is more distracting than anything.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fine. I unlocked them all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Is there any reason that posts of users speaking their minds are getting locked out. I would understand if they were going on a rampage and writing a bunch of tinykitty and doing nothing but bad mouthing D3. But alas... all they are doing is speaking from their own personal experiences and the comments are people that agree and/or have had the same experiences.

Not only is this "shady" but it is also unwarranted because basically all we want is for the devs to hear what we have to say. We are trying to help them keep their player base. If these changes keep happening with no warning at all, everyone will get fed up and just leave. It has already started and is starting to migrate to people not paying anymore for anything. I digress, this is for a different thread...

Back to my original point, why lock posts that are well constructed and thought out such as viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10397. especially within the first hour they are up, but we constantly see spam posts that stay up for days at a time. This makes no sense what so ever.

Can someone please explain this to all of us? Either the mods if they know, or even IceIX. Shed some light on this for us and try and help us understand this. Please and thank you.

That they locked your thread ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10397#p173699) without any communication or notice is total ****.

How dare you make a thread asking others NOT to spend money on their greedy game! I agree 1000% and I wish others would stop spending their $$$$ and enabing D3's greedy garbage. I look forward to being banned by communist D3 for speaking out against them.
  • Unknown
    Options

Nonce, I am not trying to be a smart **** in any way shape or form... but what does it matter if there are threads that are similar. I understand the idea of having everything in one thread, I get it. But the threads that I was talking about that were locked are the ones that are a bit separate from the others. As an example, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10397. The one that I posted in the OP. He wasn't complaining about anything in particular other than not having devs listen to their player base and his reasoning behind it. He had it well thought out and eloquent. He wasn't harsh about anything, unless you consider not spending money on the game harsh. Now, granted, he does mention the true healing, and the change that came with it, but it is the "fad" right now. I don't think that it is so much the true healing that is a probelm (yes it sucks), but it's the manner in which the devs did it. Now, if he wanted to just make a thread that complained about the healing, then yes, I can see locking it and saying to post in the thread that was already created. His thread differed from that one though.

Basically the, "I HATE TRUE HEALING" thread and D3 "bashing" thread are for just that. This was different and trying to help D3 understand their players and help them to see what would work the best for the game. Does that make sense or did it just sound good in my head?