New Healing Mechanic = More Time for Real Life?

Options
Professa D
Professa D Posts: 111
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
As I played the PvE this morning and constantly found myself needing to prologue heal in order to keep grinding, I started to contemplate how once they implement the healing change, I will most likely end up getting squeezed out of continuing to play once my characters are downed. It will create a massive bottleneck. Obviously spending HP on health packs is out of the question (both because the value is terrible and because it would validate this new move) so I wonder if this may be a blessing in disguise.

I love this game. I love it. Completely addicted to it since day 1 and have played every day up until my current day 160ish. I would be lying if I didn't say that on more than one occasion, I have found myself missing out of "real life experiences" because of my competitive nature (obligation to alliance mates, etc) in order to play during the optimal timeframes required to place high in events. What was once just a fun way to pass some time eventually became a game that my schedule was being built around.

It used to be that once I had a decent roster, the only thing stopping me from placing high was the number of hours that I was willing to put in. With this new feature, getting locked out of a PvP or PvE will force me to put the game down and get back to real life. Hopefully since everyone will be facing the same challenges, that won't necessarily mean that my placement in events will suffer drastically. But I know my wife will for sure be happy that I won't be playing as many hours as before.

I guess it's yet to be seen exactly how drastic of a change this will have on gameplay and life schedule, but if the devs goal was to REDUCE the amount of time I spend playing this game, they may have just figured it out!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Definitely so for me, I'm suspending play until hear from reliable sources that it actually got really more fun -- what I consider unlikely.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like a bad business decision. I would think you'd want more compulsive behavior, which would lead to more addiction/spending.

THANK YOU D3! You've closed the loop for me!
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I never used prologue healing. I would heal at the end of a pvp match and go on to the next, rinse and repeat until I was forced to take a break.
    Honestly they should have just separated prologue and pvp from one another in the sense that any healing in prologue wouldn't apply in versus.
    Would have been a better solution than "play a few rounds then **** off for a few hours OR buy health packs".
  • Unknown
    Options
    Exactly my sentiments. I've already given up my alliance and downshifted my playing so that I don't even enter every PvP. Sometimes I just skip them entirely and feel no obligations to do otherwise. Alliances were nice but Seasons doomed them. Now I'm playing as casually as I can. I'm actually hoping that devs come up with something so outrageous that I can rage quit. Healgate comes close, but no cigar yet I'm afraid. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    Options
    Rage quitting is one thing, but even if I got pushed to that point, I def would not DELETE my entire roster like Emeryt did yesterday. What if the game eventually gets better? Obviously that's a big if, but anythings possible. Wouldn't want to have to start all over again. It's like, you can pillage a town, but salting the earth so nothing ever grows there again? A bit over the top if you ask me.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Professa D wrote:
    Rage quitting is one thing, but even if I got pushed to that point, I def would not DELETE my entire roster like Emeryt did yesterday. What if the game eventually gets better? Obviously that's a big if, but anythings possible. Wouldn't want to have to start all over again. It's like, you can pillage a town, but salting the earth so nothing ever grows there again? A bit over the top if you ask me.

In Emeryt's case, I think it was more a matter of principle than a simple rage quit.
    He's warned the developer quite a few times about stupid decisions and people not taking the **** any longer as well.
    He said before that he'd quit the game.

Now, he acted on it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Professa D wrote:

I agree, I will likely just leave my roster as is and not stop in.

But then, I'll get used to not stopping in. And I won't ever remember to stop in again. And I will break the habit of the game.

I don't know how they'll contact me if they fix this in a month, I won't be checking back anymore. Maybe if I remember in six months?

(Of course, there would be at least 12 more 3* characters by that point....)
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MisanOne wrote:
    I never used prologue healing. I would heal at the end of a pvp match and go on to the next, rinse and repeat until I was forced to take a break.

no, no, no, you are missing the point. you must buy health pack just to play, no if's and's or but's.