Case in point - broken mechanics

Options
Here is case and point of broken mechanics. I invite others to answer this... who have "better rosters"... And not as many points due to scaling, how this should even be possible!!! This is broken mechanics, case and point and demonstrates exactly why there needs to be a better tier system...

** Note this screen grab was taken on 6 -25 - 2014 @ 12:15 p.m. EST ** Things change fast towards the end of an event...

Take Notice of 10th place...

Screenshot_2014_06_25_12_20_44.jpg

and now the FIRST PAGE of his/her Roster

Screenshot_2014_06_25_12_19_13.jpg

EDIT : change the way the images were presented.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The person in 9th in my bracket the following usable characters:- 51 Haweye/42 IM35/18 IM40. They cannot even field a team of 3. There nearly always a few people with rosters like these.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    The person in 9th in my bracket the following usable characters:- 51 Haweye/42 IM35/18 IM40. They cannot even field a team of 3. There nearly always a few people with rosters like these.

I understand that. But they should NOT compete against us!

I can understand that they should have equal opportunity at the rewards... But! Having level 5 nodes VS. my level 125 nodes is NOT EQUAL terms!

Hell, that person needs to put 5K in ISO into a single cover and can finish 1st. I would need to put 75K into IM40 to max him out to have the same chances?

These instances are the case and point of why a TIER system needs to be put in place.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not broken - D3 tried to set up the game so that people would face equal challenges in the event regardless of the strength of their roster. This keeps the new people interested in the game, rather than forcing them to grind Prologue for months to build a roster.

You may not like the design, but it's not broken.

(Oh, and it's "case in point", by the by.)
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    It's not broken - D3 tried to set up the game so that people would face equal challenges in the event regardless of the strength of their roster. This keeps the new people interested in the game, rather than forcing them to grind Prologue for months to build a roster.

You may not like the design, but it's not broken.

(Oh, and it's "case in point", by the by.)

The fact that it is intentional designed this way does not preclude it from being broken.
    Rather, if falls under the special category of BAD a.k.a. "broken as designed", also known as "broken by design".
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    The fact that it is intentional designed this way does not preclude it from being broken.
    Rather, if falls under the special category of BAD a.k.a. "broken as designed", also known as "broken by design".

Except that it still hasn't been proven that it's broken.

The system is designed so that new players can compete with veterans. If you want to assert that this is a broken design goal, you'll need to prove why this is broken.

Given that a lot of spending in F2P comes up front, that seems like a pretty reasonable goal.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Its broken because the person with a total of 5 IM35 covers needs those FAR more than they need the Shulkie covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not broken... "Working as intended". icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Come back with evidence once the event is over.

These PvE events have all been the same (since you've been able to view other player's rosters). The newbies rush out to top ten spots early on (because they want every 4/4 reward), then by the end of the event they are passed by other players with more robust rosters as community scaling kicks in.

Also, you have to take into account that some of these new accounts are hackers that haven't been sandboxed yet.