Guardians in August?

Options
Maestro145
Maestro145 Posts: 58
edited June 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
Cap and Falcon were released during the Film. I wonder, if devs are going to give us someone from guardians! I would like to see the rocket raccoon !

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maestro145 wrote:
    Cap and Falcon were released during the Film. I wonder, if devs are going to give us someone from guardians! I would like to see the rocket raccoon !
    He's not a raccoon.

Also, very unlikely we'll see ANY GotG characters as they were not a part of the Dark Reign story.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He's not a raccoon.

Yes he is. He's been genetically manipulated, but he's an Earth raccoon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, very unlikely we'll see ANY GotG characters as they were not a part of the Dark Reign story.

A good portion of the characters in the game weren't in Dark Reign. Bag-Man is the one I point out each time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Their intergalactic exploits were going on round-about the same time, weren't they?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Half the characters in the game (example: every "Classic" version) weren't involved in Dark Reign. The game is only very loosely bound by Dark Reign. I'll be surprised if we don't see any of the Guardians (and I could easily see Thanos being the 4* introduced in Season 4, with the Guardians trickling in as 3*s around the same time).
  • Unknown
    Options
    ooo...juicy...4* Legendary Villains. So Red Skull (Secretary Trusk), Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), and....guess Thanos.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It would be a great way to attract new players.

'Join MPQ now and win a free cover of the 4* Rocket Racoon! In 6-8 months of playing every day he will be playable for you!'
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been out of the comic book world for 20+ years, so I'm not familair with this Rocket Racoon, fellow. The Guardians of the Galaxy that I remember had Aleta and Starhawk/Stakar & Vance Astrovik.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know both the old and the new incarnation of the Guardians, but I have to admit I prefer the new bunch. Would love to see some of them in this game. Preferably Rocket and Groot (can every ability be called I AM GROOT, for flavor?). Thanos and Nebula would be great additions to the villain roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    I've been out of the comic book world for 20+ years, so I'm not familair with this Rocket Racoon, fellow. The Guardians of the Galaxy that I remember had Aleta and Starhawk/Stakar & Vance Astrovik.
    That's old-school right there.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maestro145 wrote:
    He's not a raccoon.

The Dark Reign storyline is more of a theme than a set of handcuffs controlling every design decision they make. You know what else wasn't in Dark Reign? ISO-8. So, uh, yeah.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    He's not a raccoon.

Yes he is. He's been genetically manipulated, but he's an Earth raccoon.
    Yes, I know, but I was referencing an issue where he takes offense to being called a raccoon and says he's not.
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:

A good portion of the characters in the game weren't in Dark Reign. Bag-Man is the one I point out each time.
    This I know too, I'm just secretly hoping for them to release more DR character like Osborne and Emma Frost first.
  • Unknown
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    That's old-school right there.

He was introduced (I think) in the 70s, and had a miniseries in the 80s. He's had a second wind in the last five years or so.