Please fix the 4*

Options
Below is the damage for different star ratings -- all covers do this much damage at max level, just different amounts of damage in different colors. Let's compare...

1* damage (L50): 31/27/24/8/7/7
2* damage (L85): 50/45/39/11/10/9
3* damage (L141): 67/60/52/12/11/10
4* damage (L230): 70/62/55/10/9/9

So a 2* does 2-19 more damage per tile than a 1*. A 3* does 1-17 more damage than a 3*. A 4* does 1 less - 3 more damage than a 3*...

Come on. Seriously? Not only are the two existing 4*s a joke based on their abilities, they're a joke based on everything. The one thing they do have is more HP, but that's simply not worth doing LESS damage and having vastly **** powers than most 3*.

Comments

• It's actually a lot worse, from here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=800:
    This is turning into an X-force dump-on thread, but just to put how **** his green is in context:

X-force 4**** level 230
      15 green AP 13 strike tiles (or less if you hit an enviro tile) 195 extra damage (or less if you hit an enviro tile)
    13 damage per AP

Modern Storm 1* level 50
      9 black AP 32 attack tiles (very difficult to get fewer then 32, but possible) 224 extra damage
    25 damage per AP

So, a 1* character with 180 fewer levels does more damage with much less AP and with fewer drawbacks. Storm is almost twice as efficient! 1* vs. 4**** should be no comparison and not in the favor of the 1*. To bring the green skill to anything remotely useful and in line with the high cost, those strike tiles need to be at least triple in strength.

1* characters have a lot better abilities then the 4*s.
  • Considering their is currently only 2 4* covers, I think the reason why this is a problem is because almost no one has maxed 4* covers, so their is no one to complain about the problem lol.
  • It's all in how you arrange your team. If your whole team is legendary then... oh wait...
  • Yes, 4 star wolverine def needs buffing.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Considering their is currently only 2 4* covers, I think the reason why this is a problem is because almost no one has maxed 4* covers, so their is no one to complain about the problem lol.

Not to be "that guy," but the discussion is focused on max level 4-stars.

I don't have much to add except that I agree they aren't good, and aren't worth using right now.

If I had to guess, I would figure that the devs were concerned about making 4-star characters even the slightest bit OP because then everyone would be complaining about this game becoming 100% pay to win, because some players probably would max out their legendary Wolvies and Invisible Women and be massive unstoppable walls of health.

I'm hoping, really hoping, that the 4-stars are not going to be left as they are, but carefully tuned so they at least don't suck, and can be competitive on certain teams or in certain situations.

I really like the design of Classic Magneto and Doom, both being hard to find rare cards with abilities that aren't intuitively obvious, but become absolute beasts when they're full developed if you use them right. I'd be fine with 4-stars being designed along those lines.
  • **** now. Not worth the grind, though I'm grinding him out anyway.
  • Invisible Woman is legendary Bag Man. That's what I was thinking when I saw her. She should instead have a passive that generates bubbles that act as defense tiles. Every match with a defense bubble fails to deal damage. Damage dealing abilities cause force bubbles to burst. Think of Web Bandages healing by x + x × web tiles, and removes all web tiles. She would have a passive that mitigates all damage up to x + x × force bubbles, removing only the force tiles necessary for full mitigation.

She should also have an ability that allows her to burst x force tiles to launch a force field attack against the enemy. Dealing minor damage and stunning opponents team.

She should also stay invisible as long as a bubble is on the board. She can only remain invisible during one of her attacks as long as one of the matched tiles is in a force bubble. She should have a bonus for attacks while invisible.

Basically a passive to generate force bubbles every turn and randomly place them on boar d.
    Another passive to mitigate damage with said force tiles.
    An active which launches a force field attack.

I think all the characters are conceptual and many are released because they need to keep us interested in playing. I think they know they aren't ready but like someguy said, they would rather improve a character, than to nerf one.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After seeing the new Punisher cover I find it heartbreaking that the two existing 4* have not been reviewed/updated

The Punisher's AP costs are what Invisible Woman's and X-Force Wolverine's should've been.

Molotov Cocktail - Black 7 AP
    Judgement - Green 8 AP
    Retribution - Red 8 AP

The Retribution ability alone makes that Punisher card legendary.

Neither of the 4* characters are worth leveling up as they currently stand. I keep dumping ISO into Invisible Woman in the hopes that with a few more levels she'll start to shine, but I don't see it happening yet.

Are these 4* even being looked at for tweaking?

Would be cool to get an official comment regarding this from IceIX or anyone from the D3P
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Yes. As a matter of fact I wrote up a multipage report on character Color Strength values, HP/Level, and ability comparisons just the other day that included characters from all tiers including 4 stars. It's definitely a topic of conversation. That being said, if something is functional as-is (which these characters are) we don't tend to comment on changes or fixes that are incoming until they're ready to come.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Yes. As a matter of fact I wrote up a multipage report on character Color Strength values, HP/Level, and ability comparisons just the other day that included characters from all tiers including 4 stars. It's definitely a topic of conversation. That being said, if something is functional as-is (which these characters are) we don't tend to comment on changes or fixes that are incoming until they're ready to come.

Thank you very much, I appreciate hearing from you regarding this matter. I understand why you wouldn't comment on these types of issues but a short little blurb like this keeps our hopes up, the silence regarding certain issues can sometimes be maddening.
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:

Thank you very much, I appreciate hearing from you regarding this matter. I understand why you wouldn't comment on these types of issues but a short little blurb like this keeps our hopes up, the silence regarding certain issues can sometimes be maddening.
    +1

Thanks, Ice. Also, cool username (no pun intended). I love that book.