Stop yelling at IceIX specifically for Dev team decisions

Options
Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
He's our liaison. He didn't single handedly make these decisions, he just has the job of telling us what the Dev team decided to do.

I don't feel like losing the only person that actually gives us any insight into future developments.

Wheaton's Law: don't be a ****. I don't know why you guys think making threads calling him out is helping anything.

Plus, he's got cool hair.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Price he pays for being the biggest representative for D3 on this forum. He becomes the target for our frustrations. Same reason I punch my priest when God angers me. Nothing personal just an occupational hazard. Least he does a better job of it then some other reps in various games
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think this will get Ice to take you to the prom Kelbris. He only likes you as a friend. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I don't think this will get Ice to take you to the prom Kelbris. He only likes you as a friend. :ugeek:

#FriendZonedAgain
  • Knyghtmare
    Knyghtmare Posts: 71
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    He's our liaison. He didn't single handedly make these decisions, he just has the job of telling us what the Dev team decided to do.

I don't feel like losing the only person that actually gives us any insight into future developments.

Wheaton's Law: don't be a ****. I don't know why you guys think making threads calling him out is helping anything.

I agree with almost everything you said. I said something similar in the past. His job on this forum is basically to be a press secretary, putting bad decisions in a good light. His job usually goes to a tester or a user experience guy (could be design, but I kind of doubt it in this case). Having said that, if he does hold one of the two jobs above, it is also his job to fight for the customer. Considering how unhappy people are right now, the question is whether he is fighting hard enough, or whether he has the power to fight. The first would be his fault, the second would be a problem with the company and/or group he's in. Also, if they only have devs, they are likely f***ed. Design would be making these decisions. not devs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It really does suck to be the messenger I bet.

Sometimes it's hard to read IceIX (at least for me).

He's just as often the champion of Devs (delivering their cash-grabbing edicts) as he is to the forumites (the ear we can try to yell into and the shoulder we can cry on when we don't like the Dev's cash-grabbing edicts).

Rather than yell at IceIX, I'll simply say this:

Ice, you HAVE to show somebody somewhere all the tirades about the Temp Healing changes.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Until we experience the change, it is all speculation. The tirades are meaningless.

Of course, the game was doomed when they nerfed Spidey. I know because I read all the tirades when that change was announced.

IceIX - I do hope you have a sense of humor about all this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spider man was a problem forever. Before OBW there was just spider man, and few people had him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    1jcv25L.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't worry for IceIX. He's a big boy. And is being paid for what he is doing on the forum.

If he is tired of being bashed, he can just call it quit and go to another company where they care about customers.

Never did I see a company where you can spend so much money and treated like dirt the way we are. This is absolutely surreal.

So no, IceIX is not a victim. He uses "we" most of the time, and not "they". So he is part of the mess.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    And is being paid for what he is doing on the forum.
    Actually, he probably isn't. He wears a number of hats. If he was paid to liaise, he'd almost certainly be around more regularly.
    arktos1971 wrote:
    If he is tired of being bashed, he can just call it quit and go to another company where they care about customers.
    Right, because the optimal solution to meaningless incivility is not "Hey, let's be more civil and marginally rational," but rather "Tch, Ice can go find another damn job if he doesn't like being pelted with poo."
    arktos1971 wrote:
    So no, IceIX is not a victim. He uses "we" most of the time, and not "they". So he is part of the mess.
    You sound like one of those people who scream at customer service reps over the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that, 95% of the time, they can't help you only because their hands are tied. The difference here is that there is no manager or customer retention department that Ice can pass you off to.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actors or white Knight ???..

I think he probably expect this when dropping the true healing bomb

And I think the timing of announcing this is perfect when shehulk isa healer
    so they tell you there will be a nerf
    Just avoiding the PR diaster when they nerved Spiderman

at least they are learning
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hail : the fact that you turned yourself into IceIx and D3P's lawyer is a really friendly move towards your Alliance partner IceIX. It's just sad you never supported IceIx financially.

Because in the end, it's not the way you try to protect the mistakes of the devs team on this forum that will bring some future to the game, it's the money people like myself invest in the game. Apparently you resent the fact I am a whale. That's your problem.

You said yourself that you would invest in the game if it was worth it. In 150 days you haven't found any reason to do so. So what's the game worth if you have spent 0 ?

And you call me a hypocrit whenever you have the opportunity to do so ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    You sound like one of those people who scream at customer service reps over the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that, 95% of the time, they can't help you only because their hands are tied. The difference here is that there is no manager or customer retention department that Ice can pass you off to.

And that is not correct. I had the opportunity to speak to the CS Manager. He acted in a professional way and overall I was satisfied.

In a world where money rules and there are laws protecting customers, I happen to be able to get heard. The contrary would be some kind of dictatorship.

Are you going to suggest that the above statements suck ? Welcome to the US HM...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Hail : the fact that you turned yourself into IceIx and D3P's lawyer is a really friendly move towards your Alliance partner IceIX.
    You did notice that we kicked Ice about two weeks ago?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I did not.

You "kicked" or he left ?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I said.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok. I have no comment about this since I don't know the reasons.

I'm not sure in which Alliance he could now be comfortable in after the latest announcements...

HM's "protectionism" makes no sense then, unless it's just personal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    And is being paid for what he is doing on the forum.
    Actually, he probably isn't. He wears a number of hats. If he was paid to liaise, he'd almost certainly be around more regularly.

Probably not, it all depends on the company's decisions to supply with Customer Relationship and Customer Service. We know that either are not a priority for D3P.

If it's a question of money, they do not do what's best to get more money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

Great thing about the Internet is I can yell at whom I want, when I want... He acts pompous and arrogant when he makes some of these announcements, so I will call him out on it... He may not deserve some of the flaming, but it's his job.... I get yelled at when I am at work sometimes, and I deal with it, because it's my JOB...When you work in a position such as IceIX you are the buffer to the ones making the decisions, so you WILL feel the heat...
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you don't agree with the company's policies, you resign. If you don't, you're an accomplice.