a new classification

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
Really, there are so many ways this could have been done and I had so many variations, but I realised it was just time to stop.

I read some websites to try and learn about Marvel character timing origins and Dark Reign stuff.

Here is a suggested (partial) re-classification. I've ended up taking an overall Dark Reign focus, given that is the name of the program and as much as possible tried to re-use existing characters, often connected to their current placing as well as the current focus on a sort of combined 1/2* cover and then a long haul to 3* but this would be far more consistent in gaining characters to use.

There are still a number of characters without a level, but they didn't fit in neatly anywhere. Maybe I'll have another attempt at some point.

The main thing is that every level represents a certain type of character classification. Characters are just transferred over from their existing ones as much as possible.

1*'s
These are the individuals from across Marvel, before they became powered (or sometimes their alias if not human). They are significantly for collecting purposes and it takes some time to get a full character. They can't be leveled up with HP. Given as top prizes or traded in for X tokens. They maybe have 2 skills (loosely connected to the character they become) and they are either both poor, both passive, one really good one or solid two powers. Includes:

Steve Rogers
Peter Parker
James Howlett
Jessica Drew
Carol Danvers
Clint Barton
Natasha Romanova
Victor Shade
Wanda Maximoff
Jennifer Walters
pre-Fantastic Four
pre-X-Men
others

2*'s
This is essentially people you do the Dark Reign Prologue with. They are the original Dark Avengers and their Avenger equivalents. Includes:

Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn)
Captain America (Original)
Iron Man (Original)
Spider-Man (Venom)
Spider-Man (Original)
Ms. Marvel (Moonstone)
Ms. Marvel (Original)
Hawkeye (Bullseye)
Hawkeye (Original)
Wolverine (Daken)
Wolverine (Original)
Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr)
Captain Marvel (Original)
Ares (Ares)
Sentry (Robert Reynolds)

3*'s
There are the main characters of the Dark Reign storyline as well as many of the original Marvel line-up. Includes:

Doctor Doom (Dark Reign)
Emma Frost (Dark Reign)
Loki (Dark Reign)
Namor (Dark Reign)
Norman Osborn (Dark Reign)
The Hood (Dark Reign)
Victoria Hand (Dark Reign)
Captain America (Classic)
Namor (Classic)
Spider-Man (Classic)
Iron-Man (Classic)
Doctor Strange (Classic)
Daredevil (Classic)
Thor (Classic)
Hulk (Classic)
Ant-Man (Classic)
Wasp (Classic)
Professor X (Classic)
Cyclops (Classic)
Iceman (Classic)
Angel (Classic)
Beast (Classic)
Marvel Girl (Classic)
Mister Fantastic (Classic)
Invisible Woman (Classic)
Thing (Classic)
Human Torch (Classic)
Nick Fury (Classic)

Remaining unallocated characters as they don’t clearly fit into into the initial Dark Reign framework or first main Marvel characters:

Black Panther (Man Without Fear)
Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Black Widow (Modern)
Black Widow (Original)
Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
Iron Man (Model 40)
Juggernaut (Classic)
Magneto (Classic)
Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
Psylocke (Classic)
Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
She-Hulk (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Storm (Classic)
Storm (Modern)
Storm (Mohwak)
The Punisher (Dark Reign)
Wolverine (Patch)
Wolverine (X-Force)
Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers)

Gold Characters excluded.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thats quite a bit of effort there. I think its a great idea. The next step would be compiling signature moves from their canon and establishing ability sets.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks!

Would be happy to do more but given the way things get implemented in these parts (or not), probably not the best use of my time.

Seriously, is it now not time for a MPQ v.2, with characters designed and lead by the community?

Devs, can you not start again and relaunch as just MPQ, then you can redo the whole character roster properly from the start? I've got ideas for that too.