A.I. stinks at math.

Options
IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed in cat-5 and now webslinger, that I am losing points.

At the start of a match, I had 388 points. I won the match for an even 20 points. That SHOULD have given me a total of 408, right?. WRONG. According to the AI, 388 + 20 = 401.

Now I know I slept through half my classes in school and never did my homework, ( except that one time when I was really bored), but dangit, that just dont seem right to me.

I watched very carefully and I noticed I was losing, 6 to 12 points a match. For anyone that reads this forum religiously, they might have seen the post I did about the AI cheating and how I recorded every second I played. If so, maybe someone can tell me what to do with my videos. Thought about facebook or youtube.

I have 2 of me losing points, 1 of the AI getting a free turn after only matching 4 instead of 5, ( see other post), and in the process of getting the AI getting extra ap on video.

I really just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

JJ

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The queue shows the points you'd gain at the time the opponent was loaded into your queue. This is also the points it shows being added at the end of a win. But the opponent's score likely has changed since they were loaded into your queue. After the match-end screens have finished, it updates your standings score to reflect the true current score of your opponent, making it look like you got more or less points than it showed you pre-match.

You can use this to your advantage. If you queue up high point targets to save for later, knowing that they're in the middle of a big climb, then you'll end up getting even more points than it shows in the queue. For example, I had a couple big name players in my queue last night for around 30 points, but knew they were going to push even higher to get above 1100. By the time I ended up doing the matches, I got 5-6 points more per match than it showed in queue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Send a CS email with your videos attached. We all know the ai cheats, we just need hard proof to show the devs we aren't amused.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    The queue shows the points you'd gain at the time the opponent was loaded into your cue. This is also the points it shows being added at the end of a win. But the opponent's score likely has changed since they were loaded into your queue. After the match-end screens have finished, it updates your standings score to reflect the true current score of your opponent, making it look like you got more or less points than it showed you pre-match.

You can use this to your advantage. If queue up high point targets to save for later, knowing that they're in the middle of a big climb, then you'll end up getting even more points than it shows in the queue. For example, I had a couple big name players in my queue last night for around 30 points, but knew they were going to push even higher to get above 1100. By the time I ended up doing the matches, I got 5-6 points more per match than it showed in queue.

I did not know that, thanks scottee. Only problem is my luck ain't so great. My score never goes up, only down.

as to the video, I want have a few more. If I only have 1 then some will say it's a fluke or one time thing. But with hard proof of several times, well thats different.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    the video thing was a joke