Alright, I'm tapping out.

Options
I know you're sick of reading these I quit threads by now, so I'm going to try to be as constructive and brief as possible. Here's why I'm not going to be playing your game anymore.

I have a full roster of two stars, and a lot of three stars that aren't high enough to use. The only way to get three stars is by either praying that the two star tokens pay off, which they never do, or placing in tournaments. Loosening the three star prize range to the top one hundred was a good step, but in this first tournament I'm finding it just as hard to get to the top one hundred as it used to be for me to get to the top 50. I have to assume that's because you increased the size of the player "flights" or "brackets" or whatever, and since you guys don't do a great job of communicating this stuff to the players, I have to assume I'm right. So my options for progression are a) shield hop my way into the top 100, which is going to cost money or b) drop money on tokens which are going to cost money and probably not net me anything useful. So I'm out of progression options. Which is fine, you have a pay to win game, I just can't justify spending any money on it, looking at it from two star land.

Two star land is NO FUN at all and here's why: OBW. Every team has OBW on it. The only way not to get smoked by OBW is to use your own OBW. I have to give you credit, you did make retaliation skips free so I can skip the endless swarm of OBW/Thor or OBW/Ares teams, but more often than not, I just run into more OBW, or maybe a Magneto/Storm team if I'm super lucky. I'm fighting the same two teams over and over again. It's no fun. The worst part is that I have a full roster of two stars which are completely unusable. So I have all these cool characters and I can only use two. One of which is nobody's actual favorite character. At least a Wolverine/Spiderman team would have some character appeal behind it. Is the 1960s version of Black Widow in anybody's top Marvel character list? It's like playing an X-Men game and only being able to play Jubilee because she's inexplicable OP. There's nothing wrong with Jubilee as a character but nobody's going to be buying Jubilee: The Video Game. You see what I mean? You've created Black Widow: The Video Game.

Another thing that's got me is the PVE events. Which aren't PVE events at all, they're PVP events. If I could fight an increasingly difficult string of PVE fights to win awards (like the prologue) I would happily keep playing, but this system where you grind out the same fights over and over to accumulate score which is then ranked against other players doing the same thing is not only no fun, it's not even PVE. I'm not sure what the thought process behind that system was, but it doesn't make sense to a lot of players, and it's certainly not an enjoyable avenue of progression.

Speaking of progression, I have no idea why you've built these all these game systems to make progression a matter of maxing two characters. I have lots and lots of very neat characters, only two of which I can actually play. If you're lucky enough to get a three star cover at all, it will sit in your roster for months doing nothing at all. I have two black panther covers, and that's worthless? I can't do anything with that at all? Those took a TON of work to get and I'm rewarded with not playing that character at all.

So, that's all for now. I can't say I never had fun, but I'm not anymore. Hopefully you guys can fix the issues because there's still a lot of potential in this game, but for right now you can add me to the list of deserters.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hey, trust me when I say two star land is still way more fun than three-star land. Once you get to three stars, you're facing lazythors and hulks and all those guys who have 9k hit points. It's tedious as hell.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have to say I find 2-star land far preferable for PvP too - 3-star land is so much slower, and the longer foes take to wipe-out the more chances they have to cascade and wreck your team...

But fully agree:
    > Too little variety in PvP.
    > Really weird how 80% of content only allows you to take 2 characters (finding decent synergy = big reason for previous complaint).
    > Any kind of content not based around competing with the top 10% (or 1%) of the American-time-zone players would be great.

To be honest once you actually get 2 decent & not nerfed L141 3-stars (I'm up to 6 now, mostly amassed a while ago obviously), it's hard to get excited about new covers because you'll barely use anyone else anyway...
    Not entirely sure why I'm still playing at all! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    rock07 wrote:
    Two star land is NO FUN at all and here's why: OBW. Every team has OBW on it. The only way not to get smoked by OBW is to use your own OBW. I have to give you credit, you did make retaliation skips free so I can skip the endless swarm of OBW/Thor or OBW/Ares teams, but more often than not, I just run into more OBW, or maybe a Magneto/Storm team if I'm super lucky. I'm fighting the same two teams over and over again. It's no fun. The worst part is that I have a full roster of two stars which are completely unusable. So I have all these cool characters and I can only use two. One of which is nobody's actual favorite character. At least a Wolverine/Spiderman team would have some character appeal behind it. Is the 1960s version of Black Widow in anybody's top Marvel character list? It's like playing an X-Men game and only being able to play Jubilee because she's inexplicable OP. There's nothing wrong with Jubilee as a character but nobody's going to be buying Jubilee: The Video Game. You see what I mean? You've created Black Widow: The Video Game.
    Great points in this paragraph.
  • Unknown
    Options
    her use is to bring some balance between f2p players and paid user.
    She did very good with what she does.

So ur problem is seeing her everywhere.

what if 1-2 * last longer than a month, will u make a post about how sick of u seeing iron man and m storm.???

or ve been played 2months and Complaining not seeing 141 attacks u ?

So may I ask what are u looking for, another char with heal?? or take the heal away and give a higher ground to paid player

I am pretty sure when u get to 3star phase u will love to see an obw on the other team.

This game requires patience, and there is an option to pay if u don't want to wait.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rock07 wrote:
    Another thing that's got me is the PVE events. Which aren't PVE events at all, they're PVP events. If I could fight an increasingly difficult string of PVE fights to win awards (like the prologue) I would happily keep playing, but this system where you grind out the same fights over and over to accumulate score which is then ranked against other players doing the same thing is not only no fun, it's not even PVE. I'm not sure what the thought process behind that system was, but it doesn't make sense to a lot of players, and it's certainly not an enjoyable avenue of progression.

Speaking of progression, I have no idea why you've built these all these game systems to make progression a matter of maxing two characters. I have lots and lots of very neat characters, only two of which I can actually play. If you're lucky enough to get a three star cover at all, it will sit in your roster for months doing nothing at all. I have two black panther covers, and that's worthless? I can't do anything with that at all? Those took a TON of work to get and I'm rewarded with not playing that character at all.

I thought I was the only one! Would love to see more actual PvE content, because I cannot neckbeard the standard PvE for much longer, especially considering the length of the events.

To your second point, I'd also love to see more situations where having a DIVERSE cast helps. The "essential" nodes in the current PvE are nice; I would definitely like to see more stuff like that. Perhaps an event where you need to enter/use more than one team?
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lickfurjr wrote:
    her use is to bring some balance between f2p players and paid user.
    She did very good with what she does.

So ur problem is seeing her everywhere.

what if 1-2 * last longer than a month, will u make a post about how sick of u seeing iron man and m storm.???

or ve been played 2months and Complaining not seeing 141 attacks u ?

So may I ask what are u looking for, another char with heal?? or take the heal away and give a higher ground to paid player

I am pretty sure when u get to 3star phase u will love to see an obw on the other team.

This game requires patience, and there is an option to pay if u don't want to wait.

I gotta be honest here:

Sometimes when I'm playing, I'd rather fight a hulk/fathor combo than a hulk/OBW or OBW/Thor. Although both of those are more dangerous, once Black Widow starts her cycle of powers (which very often start with five purple tiles falling next too each other on a cascade, so you can do nothing about it.), there is virtually no recovery in that battle. So there are plenty of times where 141s are more welcome than a Black Widow. I'd rather get into a slugfest sometimes than be done in by a worthless cascade which I could not prevent at all. Just my thoughts
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd like to see shorter PvE events to reduce the grind factor. 3-5 days. No repeated/revisited sub-events. Just a few days of story progression and some rewards that don't require a huge investment of time and timing. When they run as long as they currently do, it's a contest of who has the least other things going on in their life for 10 days... It loses significant fun factor for the average, more casual player - and let's be real, it's a mobile match-3 puzzler, the target audience is casual. The fact that there's depth enough to make more hardcore players happy is icing (and I do like a reasonable amount of icing on this cake, don't get me wrong!).

Any changes that make it possible to make casual, steady progress through casual play and increasing that rate of progress incrementally as players invest themselves more and more are good changes in my book. Having it feel like casual play makes little or no progress and hardcore play makes OK-but-inconsistent progress is a turn off in my book. The biggest bottleneck in this is the rarity of 3-star covers and especially the inconsistency in being able to hunt down a specific characters's covers. I guess the 2nd biggest bottleneck is the amount of ISO needed to bring characters up to playable and then up to max level.

Here are some small suggestions that could help those two bottlenecks - first, a change to the token structure to make it easier to chase down specific 3-stars. Instead of just 1 type of Heroic token, split up into several with a different pool of 3-stars in each. So if I get a Heroic, I can spend it for a chance at, say, Mutants, or Villains, or Avengers, etc. Another change would be to let players use excess covers to gain an instant level for that character only... So you could still sell it for 500 raw ISO to use on anyone, or invest it directly in that one character for far more relative worth as that character approaches max level. Would help with characters who are fully 13/13 covered but sitting at like, level 80, waiting indefinitely to be worth investing ISO in.

Some miscellaneous thoughts that I think would help ease frustrations and keep players feeling like they're not getting tapped out!
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not OBW who is broken... ok maybe a little bit... but really it's the healing mechanic that's the problem.

If health packs were cheap/free and readily available, or if your team were to heal say... i dunno... 25% after every battle (unless downed) then people would be more willing to use other characters and make OBW the support player that she should be and not the mandatory player that she is.

Like the original post says, no one really WANTS to run with OBW but everyone feels they HAVE to.

Fix the healing mechanic and we will see more variety in PVP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not OBW who is broken... ok maybe a little bit... but really it's the healing mechanic that's the problem.

If health packs were cheap/free and readily available, or if your team were to heal say... i dunno... 25% after every battle (unless downed) then people would be more willing to use other characters and make OBW the support player that she should be and not the mandatory player that she is.

Like the original post says, no one really WANTS to run with OBW but everyone feels they HAVE to.

Fix the healing mechanic and we will see more variety in PVP.

Totally agree with u. But the ship is sail and I highly doubt it will happen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah I know.... here's hoping though!

I'm sure it will be deemed that OBW is the problem and nerf her healing leading to teams of Spidey + OBW + mandatory character or OBW + daken/wolv +mandatory character

In the end everyone will get nerfed and we will be playing as maggia muscle, analyst and commander!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah I know.... here's hoping though!

I'm sure it will be deemed that OBW is the problem and nerf her healing leading to teams of Spidey + OBW + mandatory character or OBW + daken/wolv +mandatory character

In the end everyone will get nerfed and we will be playing as maggia muscle, analyst and commander!!

Yeah but the Maggia Muscle is way OP, nerf him!! LOL

I completely agree that is the need for healing that leads to all the OBW although for me i find a level 3 Aggressive recon for 8AP incredibly useful too.
    I have said a few times that the healing mechanic is broken and exists purely as a money-maker with no purpose beyond that. Characters should fully heal between battles unless they were downed, healing by characters like OBW or Spidey should be for an emergency health boost during battle instead of now where people delay landing the final blow in order to get enough healing to be able to carry on for longer.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am a person who likes to play OBW. Healing is nice but stealing AP is better. I also like that she covers blue and purple. She fits nicely with a lot of the power characters. It doesn't mean I always use her but when she fits, I don't hesitate.

Many of my 3* covers have come from the standard draw. My CMags is entirely from that draw. I was stunned when I realized I had all the covers and still had him sitting down at sub 50 level. Also, the Season tournament lets you get more covers. Last Heroic 10 pack I got IW and three 3* characaters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As if by magic... boom! Healing nerf!
  • Unknown
    Options
    As if by magic... boom! Healing nerf!

Yea when u have posts about how spider man(After nerfd) can be game changing just before a spridy tourney
    and
    How strong actually gsbw is

Everytime when they have some low tier hero going on tourney

tiny kitty Actors everywhere.