Better dialogue please

palenoue
palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
The way you have it now, with entire pages switching back and forth to display one or two words, is very annoying. Could you do it more like messaging or texting where you use head icons to show who's saying what and the speech balloons line down the center. This way you can get better dialogue quicker and easier to read without all that annoying screen switching.

Also, could you do a better job on what's actually being said? Why not ask Marvel to connect you to a writer or someone who understands the characters better? Or ask Stan Lee if he'll help. Right now the dialogue and "story" are kind of lame. Could be a lot better.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The dialogue is pretty darn terrible, but it's not what I play for. It does make me a little embarrassed to recommend the game.
  • palenoue
    Here's what I'm talking about. You can see how this type of story dialogue is better than swapping entire screens all the time.

h36A74D90
    DayvBang wrote:
    The dialogue is pretty darn terrible, but it's not what I play for. It does make me a little embarrassed to recommend the game.

Yes, it's embarrassing. You'd think with all those writers at Marvel they'd be able to tap some of that talent.
  • The existing exposition screens may not be the most efficient, but they're supposed to be comic-like. Imagine that.
  • palenoue
    So you think it's a good idea to force a format for one system into another system that's entirely different? That's a one-way road to failure. Tablets are different from paper, they can present information and entertainment in different, better ways. This game's constant switching back and forth is terrible, they should have thought up a better way.
  • Actual comic strips would have made me care about the story. I skipped everything past the first chapter in the prologue.
  • I think they are funny.
  • palenoue
    I get the feeling they created those whole-screen switches for phones then didn't know what to do with all that screen room when they reformatted for tablets. Probably an executive decision to keep both version looking exactly the same, which usually means too cramped on phones and too much wasted space on tablets.