Brigby - A straight answer please

Houdin
Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Brigby,
It has now been weeks since the ill designed update of unobtanium doom.

Since then the entire player base has been in an uproar. The forums are on fire, the facebook page is on fire, reddit, slack....etc.

There is really no possible way any of us believe that the issue's we as players have lost our minds about and subsequently our faith in D3/Hibernium have not been discussed in detail.

The odd statement that feedback is being coalated was valid once, not multiple times.
I'm a whale who has not spent a single dime on this game since the last update.

Hundreds of other whales and other players have not spent a dime on this game since the update.

I would have spent approximately $250 since that update if D3 had bot undervalued the currency so much in the last update which is in reality a blatant insult to me and the entire player base.

If even the equivalent of 500 other players like me have done the same. D3 has lost $125,000 dollars!!!!

And I or any other player following the "Not.Another.Dime" movement will not spend anything else until we have been treated with the respect the people who fund every person in your company's pay cheques deserves.

So without any evasions, or partial answers. Please give answers to the following questions.

1. Will the event rewards, both personal and coalition be adjusted back to where they should be to promote a competitive drive. To be clear this means that the rewards have to reflect the old system of Mythics for top coalitions even if that is given in a different way. IE free masterpiece pack to top ten teams on weekend event.

2. Will the Mythics be removed from the masterpiece packs or a guarantee put in place of no duplicates in these packs of any card a player already has. Please note, to be fair if number one above is implemented than this item would not be completely necessary as under the old system even though top teams were guaranteed a mythic there was no guarantee it wouldn't be a dupe.

3. Will the drop rates be fixed. You have to realize how many mathmeticians or university level graduates you have playing this game. We are all completely qualified to determine the drop rates from the cards we receive. Many of us have multiple degrees and years more schooling than the entire dev team combined. To say there has been no change is insulting. For myself personally I just surpassed 1000 cards without a single mythic.

From a PR standpoint I can understand but wanting to answer such high profile questions, however D3 playing ostrich about them is just as bad. These questions are not going to go away. None of us are going to wake up tomorrow and say "oh well they keep ignoring me. I guess I'll just throw my money away than".

Absolutely, if the answers to the questions above are. "We talked about it and we have decided we aren't going to address any of those items" you will lose hundreds, if not thousands of paying customers. Yes, that sucks for D3, but if you just keep dodging the questions than you will lose those customers anyway and they will be so mad at that point that your online presence will get 1starred to infinitum. And at least if we all quit you won't have to listen to us rant anymore icon_e_smile.gif

If the answer is yes we are going to give you all those things back, and we will communicate better, and deck slots are coming, and duplicate trade is are coming but it's going to take a little while to recode....well than holy tinykitty! We will wait. Maybe, most of us will start buying things again in preparation for that update. I know I would buy gem packs to hoard if I knew in a few short months they would get me new cards mythic or better guaranteed with no dupes. I almost died inside not buying tezz,but you won't see another dime until you show me you value me as a customer.

Now it is really my sincere hope Brigby that you answer these direct questions and that I don't have to watch this post slowly slide off the screen...taking my live for this game and any remaining respect I have for D3/Hibernium with it.

Regards
Houdin

Comments

• Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Okay this is the fourth separate post about demanding the same answers from Brigby (who clearly isn't able to answer them to your satisfaction yet) I've seen in the last 7 days.

Can we maybe give it a rest? or stick to the 15 threads already opened about this topic?

No one is a fan of the update. No one is a fan of the marketing practises or the prices etc but D3 don't owe you or I anything. They're not obliged to drop everything and answer personal requests on a daily basis. They can do whatever the tinykitty they want with their game within the law.

bottom line is, stop wasting time venting on this forum. It won't help, it drags everyone down and it makes the forum look like a shark tank for new players. If you feel that this game is a bad game stop playing the game, simple as that.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    What new players....
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    What new players....

Jon Finkel. Keep up man.
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    Okay this is the fourth separate post about demanding the same answers from Brigby (who clearly isn't able to answer them to your satisfaction yet) I've seen in the last 7 days.

Can we maybe give it a rest? or stick to the 15 threads already opened about this topic?

No one is a fan of the update. No one is a fan of the marketing practises or the prices etc but D3 don't owe you or I anything. They're not obliged to drop everything and answer personal requests on a daily basis. They can do whatever the tinykitty they want with their game within the law.

bottom line is, stop wasting time venting on this forum. It won't help, it drags everyone down and it makes the forum look like a shark tank for new players. If you feel that this game is a bad game stop playing the game, simple as that.

Gotta agree here. There is no requirement to justify squat and clearly weeks after the update we are not getting any communication. And prices keep going up. $70 PW and $53 mythic (Canadian)
  • trashbear
    trashbear Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    If you feel that this game is a bad game stop playing the game, simple as that.

Here's my problem. I don't think is a bad game. I think the core game is amazing. However, that core game is being harmed by the current monetization strategy. Before the update I purchased cards and planeswalkers on a regular basis. I felt good about supporting a game I really enjoyed. I felt the purchases provided a fair value. I don't feel that way anymore. I'm hoarding crystals. I haven't played the trial of the planes. I've stopped caring about event rewards. I haven't spent a dime.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogan Josh wrote:

Why can't people vent on the game's forums when they are frustrated by the direction of the game? Honestly, it's more odd that you troll around the forums complaining about people venting about the game direction or design. Frustrated people want an outlet to unleash their displeasure. Not sure why you feel the need to tell them to stop.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Devs Aware]
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    trashbear wrote:
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    If you feel that this game is a bad game stop playing the game, simple as that.

Here's my problem. I don't think is a bad game. I think the core game is amazing. However, that core game is being harmed by the current monetization strategy. Before the update I purchased cards and planeswalkers on a regular basis. I felt good about supporting a game I really enjoyed. I felt the purchases provided a fair value. I don't feel that way anymore. I'm hoarding crystals. I haven't played the trial of the planes. I've stopped caring about event rewards. I haven't spent a dime.

I think this is very well stated.

Many of us love the game. We're just sorry to see it slowly dragged into ruin.
  • Houdin
    Well,now that I've calmed down over that first response from the man under the bridge icon_e_wink.gif

1. The whole idea behind a peaceful protest is to come up with non aggressive ways to apply pressure to a company or entity that will give them enough reason to address your concerns.
    In this case that would be two fold.
    First is the Not.Another.Dime movement. This seriously effects D3's bottom line for this game.
    Second is poor publicity. Which affects D3's future bottom line. Hence the posts on the forum over and over again.

Do we notice the theme here? Until D3 realizes that, not giving us what we as the paying customers are demanding, their bottom line will be affected possibly to the point of losing the game entirely,and noticing us what we want their profits will in fact increase. Nothing will change.

It's simple economics

Houdin
  • kauppila
    kauppila Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
    Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
    Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Hibernum needs to reply not Brigby. He is a community manager.

Also I agree with pp that I really like this game -- it's fun. It's a shame what they are doing to it.

Finally to the person who said "What new players?" I've added 4 new to game players to my development coalition in the last week or so -- now granted I'm generally the go-to for new players, so they might be the only 4 -- but they do exist.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    I said that.

New player's that come.... go oh this is fun...i like this game....whats this event stuff.....oh u can get prizes sweet!!.........wait whats Baral doing......is this a bug??......will it stop?........how do i stop this???....oh screw this....pause....quit.......uninstall.

i know a few peeps who have played fpr about 3 weeks and dpne just that and why do u play thia garbage....

i just say im in too deep lol
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    1. Event Rewards: We are still analyzing data from many of the events, but one event we've focused our initial attention on was Trial of the Planes.

We've taken a look at the data, coupled with the community's feedback, and confirmed that the rewards for that event weren't high enough to meet our expected long-term numbers. Due to this, the development team will be improving progression rewards for the Trial of the Planes events. They are currently busy with preparing the next update, but I would speculate they'll starting discussing Trial of the Planes improvements once the next update is released.

2. Mythics: As of this moment, I haven't heard any plans to remove Mythics from the Elite Packs. When it comes to duplicates, we will be implementing a system that will allow players to use those duplicates to acquire the cards they don't own yet. This should be coming within the next few months.

In addition, if you have received a duplicate Masterpiece from the Elite Packs, please leave it in your inventory and contact Customer Support. They can compensate you with a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you have somehow received another duplicate from the compensation Elite Pack, please contact Customer Support again, and they will credit you with Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

3. Drop Rates: As of this moment, I am also unaware of any plans to adjust the drop rates. Having said that though, if you'd like to message me with your UID, then I can have the developers investigate your account to see if there aren't any issues with it, since it's peculiar you haven't received a single mythic in 1000 cards.

While I can't necessarily tell you right now that everything will be going back to the way it used to be, I can say the following:
      - In the future, I will definitely do my best to communicate more frequently to the community. - Yes! Deck Slots are coming in the next update. - There won't be duplicate trades, but you will be able to use a new system coming soon that takes duplicates and allows you to acquire new cards with them.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Prizes for RATC 2 release the gremlins
    Prizes for NOP 2 release the gremlins
    These were my prizes for the last 2 coalition events. This is not fun. Dupes don't exist.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Gideon wrote:
    Prizes for RATC 2 release the gremlins
    Prizes for NOP 2 release the gremlins
    These were my prizes for the last 2 coalition events. This is not fun. Dupes don't exist.

I think the AR rare pool is quite small.
    So it's unavoidable to get duplicates at some point. I got my second Gremlins this time as well.

But it seems like you were really unlucky. icon_e_sad.gif

I drew 4 mythics from Kaladesh boosters so far. 3 times Architect of the untamed and Yahenni, undying partisan... 3 times the same mythic in a row let's you think different about "randomness".

But what can you do?
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    1. Event Rewards: They are currently busy with preparing the next update, but I would speculate they'll starting discussing Trial of the Planes improvements once the next update is released.

2. Mythics: When it comes to duplicates, we will be implementing a system that will allow players to use those duplicates to acquire the cards they don't own yet. This should be coming within the next few months.
    Sounds to me like anyone that is playing Trial of the Planes should stop playing now and that everyone should start hoarding all their currencies.
  • Houdin
    Brigby wrote:
    1. Event Rewards: We are still analyzing data from many of the events, but one event we've focused our initial attention on was Trial of the Planes.

We've taken a look at the data, coupled with the community's feedback, and confirmed that the rewards for that event weren't high enough to meet our expected long-term numbers. Due to this, the development team will be improving progression rewards for the Trial of the Planes events. They are currently busy with preparing the next update, but I would speculate they'll starting discussing Trial of the Planes improvements once the next update is released.

2. Mythics: As of this moment, I haven't heard any plans to remove Mythics from the Elite Packs. When it comes to duplicates, we will be implementing a system that will allow players to use those duplicates to acquire the cards they don't own yet. This should be coming within the next few months.

In addition, if you have received a duplicate Masterpiece from the Elite Packs, please leave it in your inventory and contact Customer Support. They can compensate you with a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you have somehow received another duplicate from the compensation Elite Pack, please contact Customer Support again, and they will credit you with Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

3. Drop Rates: As of this moment, I am also unaware of any plans to adjust the drop rates. Having said that though, if you'd like to message me with your UID, then I can have the developers investigate your account to see if there aren't any issues with it, since it's peculiar you haven't received a single mythic in 1000 cards.

While I can't necessarily tell you right now that everything will be going back to the way it used to be, I can say the following:
      - In the future, I will definitely do my best to communicate more frequently to the community. - Yes! Deck Slots are coming in the next update. - There won't be duplicate trades, but you will be able to use a new system coming soon that takes duplicates and allows you to acquire new cards with them.

Brigby,
    I do appreciate the reply and please understand that I really do think you are awesome and most likely a very important reason that many of us have not just uninstalled at this point.

Having said that...
    1. Event rewards. We really need you to make this a priority to your bosses. As it stands there is absolutely no reason to spend money to stay competitive as an individual player or as a member of a coalition. I really can't understand how whomever is in charge of this decision can't grasp this basic principle of economics. It is simple supply and demand. When you remove the demand for your product you don't sell your supply.

2. Elite packs. Again supply and demand. Now that we have proof from other members who purchased this product only to receive dupe Mythics multiple times because as we are all aware the coding is written to lean heavily towards giving you cards you already have, you have removed the demand for the product. No one is going to spend money in that high of an amount to get a 99.9% chance at receiving the same card they already have.

3. Drop rates. There are so many threads about this as I know you are aware. I guess we will have to see what the change is when the dupe exchange comes in. I can promise you though if it's simply exchange your dupes to get another pack that is going to be 99.99999% dupes it won't go over well with the community.

In essence as I saw in another thread D3 completely removed the "gamblers fallacy" from the game. Even a gambling addict isn't stupid enough to play Russian roulette when all the barrels are loaded.

The funny thing is, almost all of this could be fixed by just changing the reward system to replacing the top awards to a free pull at the masterpiece pack for individuals and top ten teams. Even though we would get dupes 99% of the time for us top players that 1% chance at our shiny new toy is worth the effort of our time and money.

Houdin
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    ZW2007- wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    1. Event Rewards: They are currently busy with preparing the next update, but I would speculate they'll starting discussing Trial of the Planes improvements once the next update is released.

2. Mythics: When it comes to duplicates, we will be implementing a system that will allow players to use those duplicates to acquire the cards they don't own yet. This should be coming within the next few months.
    Sounds to me like anyone that is playing Trial of the Planes should stop playing now and that everyone should start hoarding all their currencies.

I never played a single trial amd I have been hoarding my crystals and jewels since the big v1.10.2 nerf. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Just so there is no confusion.. the reasons the community is revolting is because
    A. Top prizes have been nerfed to the point that the competitions are no longer fun or exciting. Smaller pools is only fun if top prizes are still available. Changing the structure of TotP has nothing to do with the insulting low RATC prize of 1/20th of an elite pack.

B. We were promised less dupes but the actual implementation was to make all of our crystals worth less so we can afford less cards. Is this being addressed?

C. The communication (excluding you) has been atrocious. Shows total lack of respect for the community.

If none of these are being addressed in the next patch, expect more of the same. Not.Another.Dime, D3ceived nametags, and general outrage.
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I am taking it that the prize structure for events other than TotP are not really being considered highly. At this point I would scrap the rare for top 25 and add an aditional 100 crystals. It is just more useful.

Also I get the feeling the patch next week will not have much related to players issues and we will have to wait for the patch after that. Just for those getting their hopes up, it looks like they are still talking about the changes that have been made and the outcome they have gotten.