Known Issue: Do Not Update To R126 *Updated (5/8/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of an issue where updating to the R126 patch will cause players to lose all save data. As of right now, we are only noticing players on iOS encountering this.

I will be sure to update this post once this issue has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Update: I spoke with the development team, and it appears that players are only temporarily unable to access their saved game data. You can rest assured that all of that data is still backed up on their servers. 

Update 2:
  • Players' saves are unaffected. Anyone that downloaded R126 already will have their save progress restored once they update to the next build. (New build of R126 for iOS) Please do not delete the game in the meantime.
    • If anyone has deleted their game, they will have to work with CS to restore the game save if they did not connect their game to Facebook previously.
  • Players who downloaded R126 on iOS already will be unable to connect to the game until the issue is resolved.
    • Those players should be able to play on a R125 iOS device or an Android R125/R126 version of the game until the issue is resolved.
  • iOS Players who haven't updated to R126 can make progress normally.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not speaking as a moderator: While only iOS players have been known to be affected so far, it's probably wise for everyone, including Android and Steam users, to hold off until D3 and Demiurge know more.

Edit: it looks like this is definitely only affecting iOS users.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    :( Updated before I read this. Now like so many other iOS players, I can't play. Please test these apps more rigorously. Hell I'll even beta test for you if it helps
  • Lord_Mephisto
    Lord_Mephisto Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok! Thanks for releasing a broken patch once again... I'll try to stop updating the game as soon as the patch is alive. ????
  • dchockeyguy
    dchockeyguy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am unsure if this is the same thing, but I updated (before reading here), and I just keep being told to check my Internet connection (which I know is good).  Is that a symptom of not being able to play now?
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I also can't connect due to the problem that says check internet connection. So what can I do in the meantime if I downloaded the update? I can't get my daily reward. I can't play the daily deadpool. I'm missing out on lots of rewards for today. 
  • Savonti
    Savonti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah I did the update and also have the check internet connection error. Would really appreciate if you would release patches that improved the game, rather than broke it.

Thanks for your time.
  • JaySpeers
    JaySpeers Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My iPhone updated automatically. So I'm screwed until you fix it now?  I assume we will not lose our streaks for the daily updates?  I'm over 900 days. 
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JaySpeers said:
    My iPhone updated automatically. So I'm screwed until you fix it now?  I assume we will not lose our streaks for the daily updates?  I'm over 900 days. 
    You should be ok, it sounds like all of the account data is still saved on their end.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As an FYI to the development team, please shut off the prompt to update to r126 for iOS users.  I updated from the prompt at the load screen before being left in "check internet connection" limbo after I updated.  

Hopefully this is resolved reasonably soon.  The Thick as Thieves progressionis my only likely path to an R&G cover until next season unless the next mini-Guardians story gives one...
  • 5uper5tarDJ
    5uper5tarDJ Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-download-older-versions-of-ios-apps/

This guide shows how to roll back to the previous version of the app. Just make sure to download version 3.11.6 of Charles Proxy, since v4 doesn't seem to support the edit function. Just did it on my iPad and now I'm using Puzzle Quest v 125.0.393092 
  • JaySpeers
    JaySpeers Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-download-older-versions-of-ios-apps/

This guide shows how to roll back to the previous version of the app. Just make sure to download version 3.11.6 of Charles Proxy, since v4 doesn't seem to support the edit function. Just did it on my iPad and now I'm using Puzzle Quest v 125.0.393092 
    I wish I had a Mac to do this. 
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Devices auto-updated - very frutrating
  • barackos
    barackos Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My question is if this issue is not solved today (I am writing from time zone GTM+1), will the daily login bonuses be restarted or is it also saved? This is also important to know for me as VIP member. I am not paying not to be able to ise the app for a day.
    Thank you. 

• FewRa
    FewRa Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did not update the new release yet (I am in iOS) but the game crash anyway after the loading page. So it is also not working with the preview version or I am the only one with this problem?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barackos said:
    My question is if this issue is not solved today (I am writing from time zone GTM+1), will the daily login bonuses be restarted or is it also saved? This is also important to know for me as VIP member. I am not paying not to be able to ise the app for a day.
    Thank you. 

I believe VIP rewards will accumulate, unlike the daily resupplies. If I remeber correctly, from when VIP was first announced, you aren't supposed to be able to lose those rewards.
  • Savonti
    Savonti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd also love to know about that daily resupply, I've never missed a day and I was a couple days away from a reward I was eager to get.  This also goes for the VIP rewards.

I don't understand why you wouldn't test this out but I can't imagine getting another dime from me if this isn't made right, and very quickly.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are aiming for a fix today.  FYI, VIP rewards are not lost.  The period of VIP is based on actual logins.  If you chose to not play for 7 days, you would come back with the same VIP reward coming next and all rewards after would continue to be rewarded, one per day you play.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Savonti said:
    I'd also love to know about that daily resupply, I've never missed a day and I was a couple days away from a reward I was eager to get.  This also goes for the VIP rewards.

I don't understand why you wouldn't test this out but I can't imagine getting another dime from me if this isn't made right, and very quickly.
    You never skip a daily supply reward.  The next time you login, you get the next reward.  
    Example - if you're at day 499, and don't play for 2 weeks, the next time you login, you get the day 500 reward.
  • kunobolso
    kunobolso Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    waywreth said:
    Savonti said:

You never skip a daily supply reward.  The next time you login, you get the next reward.  
    Example - if you're at day 499, and don't play for 2 weeks, the next time you login, you get the day 500 reward.

I hav been playing for the last 993 days, you are saying that if this doesent get fixed today i will be hable to continue with my porgress?
  • m3rcurial92
    m3rcurial92 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I encountered the same problem on Steam.