Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    When they say they have the capacity for 3 rebalances per month I assume that's on top of daily business.
    So I assume once they're done with their first round through the whole roster, those 3 will go to the second round.
    Yes, extremely long term, if they include 4s, but... Possible.

Yeah the problem is that it's going to take a VERY long time. Some of that is due to the boost list only featuring a few characters a week so it takes months to cycle through the large number of 5* characters so it may take a while for players to even know whether a rebalance made a character viable when boosted or not.

Look at Surfer who was rebalanced months ago. It was only recently that he was boosted and players found him viable when boosted (Entrailbucket reported he was indeed useful when boosted).

My guess is they'll want to see play metrics and read feedback from players for at least a couple of boost cycles to get a feel for whether the rebalance worked (it's possible one boost cycle a rebalanced character doesn't have the right boosted teammates to shine).

So a very long time likely means at least a year till they get addressed again.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

It really depends how much they power-creep the new guys. As long as they can keep new characters in a relatively consistent range, these buffs will be good for a long time. If they're unable to restrain themselves, they're gonna have to go back and hit Surfer etc again.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Hit 370 with Juggernaut, so I moved it over to Rocket. I’ll push on 4* Riri if I haven’t landed one out of LL by the time Rocket gets those 9 covers.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

I finished Hawkeye today!

11 550s, 43 characters over lvl500.

GG is at 544, he should be done soon.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2023

Ended up with a 1/2/2 for Kang with 100 shards, still a cool 0/0/0 with 425 shards for my boy Wong.

I'm still waiting on that last Riri, she is 3/5/4 with 187 shards, not quite enough to bank on a final feature bringing her home I don't think, but possibly.

Hit Monkey has had some movement, he is 4/2/2 with 915 shards. Now that Wong is in Latest, I'm still trying to stay committed to pulling CP out of classic just to see how it goes. Abomination is champed, but only just at 270. I'm wondering if I need to walk my low-tier favorites around more chasing LTs to really make this work, or if I can truly rely on the grace of RNGeezus to provide them?

Rocket is at 364, this feels like "high enough" to ensure a single swipe easy node every time so far, but I figure in for a penny, in for a pound on taking him to 370 from here to be sure. Also I flipped 3* Lord, so he is only partially covered, and I moved the Elemental Guns over to Juggernaut so now he tanks every color. It is very efficient on easy PVE nodes except that one that has Nightcrawler in a back position that you have to shuffle in order for him not to dodge.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

I think a 5* Rocket is a very good possibility for GotG3 as it is essentially being billed as his film so that 370 if you make it will be nice. They could also quite easily cheat and have a 5* Rocket/3* Groot or just a 3* Rocket. Will they also want him to be potentially meta? They could of course completely blindside us with a 5* Drax or whatever I guess.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Don't think 5* Drax is on the cards - making him a Ronan feeder, then shuffle a few months later doesn't make a lot of sense.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

We have 5* SL, Gamora and Adam already. It looks a real possibility.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, I'll take the 6 covers from my 370 in that case.
    Or the 8 from Rocket.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ended up with a 1/2/2 for Kang with 100 shards, still a cool 0/0/0 with 425 shards for my boy Wong.

I'm still waiting on that last Riri, she is 3/5/4 with 187 shards, not quite enough to bank on a final feature bringing her home I don't think, but possibly.

Hit Monkey has had some movement, he is 4/2/2 with 915 shards. Now that Wong is in Latest, I'm still trying to stay committed to pulling CP out of classic just to see how it goes. Abomination is champed, but only just at 270. I'm wondering if I need to walk my low-tier favorites around more chasing LTs to really make this work, or if I can truly rely on the grace of RNGeezus to provide them?

Rocket is at 364, this feels like "high enough" to ensure a single swipe easy node every time so far, but I figure in for a penny, in for a pound on taking him to 370 from here to be sure. Also I flipped 3* Lord, so he is only partially covered, and I moved the Elemental Guns over to Juggernaut so now he tanks every color. It is very efficient on easy PVE nodes except that one that has Nightcrawler in a back position that you have to shuffle in order for him not to dodge.

My new strategy for the 4* favourite is the same as my old it seems: target the feeder. Since Wong is now my only unchamped 5*, I moved my 4* target to Abomination as soon as I could. He's up to 282 so far, and Wong at 4/3/1 with my LL pulls.

I can keep doing this until the 5* after Kang as I had max champer Thing so Kang is at 6 covers already and I don't have to worry about him

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’ll probably start doing that after I finish Rocket here in a few levels.

In other news - I rostered a duplicate Gamora and hit 300 slots.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

Curious why you push 4 stars to 370. There are nice rewards there but no 5 star shards. And once they are 370 the next cover is a dupe, meaning a new roster slot.

Personally I push to 360 (the last 5 star shard reward) and let RNGeezus take them the rest of the way.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2023

I’m specifically only pushing Juggernaut and Rocket to 370 because that’s my fast “easy clear” team in PVE. Otherwise it’s typically just for feeder purposes. The other 370s I have are either old feeders that have organically gone the distance, or a couple RNG heroes that just happened to get there on their own.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Pulled a saved cover for Riri, I was pretty hype for a brief second that I'd managed to finish a 5* pulling all cp in classics, but still one more to go I guess lol. I did get an organic Wong as well, so he is finally on roster.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

@ThaRoadWarrior with both your 4* Juggernaut and 4* Grocket at 370, are there any easy nodes that you don't clear in one move?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2023

Yes, Rocket is still only 369 1/2, but any trivial node with a character that has more than 4,666 hit points needs to be shuffled to the front so they get hit 2x times, and any node with two such characters will need a second swipe. Similarly a trivial wave node by design takes more than one swipe since a cascade will resolve before the new batch swoops in. I think Enemy of the State will be a good test, it’s swimming in wave nodes in my memory. With animations off, I could replace this team with Rocket/5* GotG/Thano5 probably and not have these problems at all I suppose.

Nodes with health that high are limited to that one type of Maggia goon, I think the bald one or the hat one, I can’t recall, and 1* Juggernaut. There is also that one node you have to shuffle Nightcrawler forward or he dodged the AOE.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Just went into a PVE sub and tried it - it was the hat guys who have 4485, I no longer need to shuffle that guy to the front for the splash damage to kill him. I also tried upgrading to 5*s, and my Thano5 is doing so much team harm that Rocket would have died on the 8th swipe;

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I’ve been running Chasm and 3* Thanos whenever Grocket and Juggs don’t work. The best part of the pair is that I only need to make one match on two round wave nodes, though sometimes Emma is needed to boost both passive damage. Also, I can switch in deadpools for dailies. Of course, I still have to rotate to Nightcrawler

• ThaRoadWarrior

Yeah I imagine there is some other non-rocket based Thano5 solution that just hits hard enough to drop someone in a single swipe to trigger court death. My 5* does about 15k offensive damage so no easy nodes would stand up to that.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

My single swipe team is 5* Kamala, 4Rocket, and Polaris(with Vibranium Ore support). Knull works in place of Kamala as well.