***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In your clip after you killed Magneto you sent Chasm away.
    If you targetted iHulk first and then sent Chasm away you could have used Kang's black and nuked iHulk down saving yourself at least 2 turns.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics said:
    In your clip after you killed Magneto you sent Chasm away.
    If you targetted iHulk first and then sent Chasm away you could have used Kang's black and nuked iHulk down saving yourself at least 2 turns.

Regardless, iHulk will revive. Only way to end match with away Chasm is another 9 blues.

• dianetics
    Options

Why would iHulk revive? Chasm isn't in play.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Away means the character is not part of the battle and passive won't process. I can't remember the exact definiton, but it can be found in Wong's thread.

• dianetics
    Options

"'Away' status is just that. The character in question isn't on the battlefield. When in this status, they cannot interact with the battle in any way, offensively or defensively. It's hard to deal damage when you're literally in Timbuktu."

From Ice's post

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the Wong thread it seems that iHulk & Chasm will not revive whilst Wong was away but She Hulk might as her resurrection processes on the next turn. So presumably if iHulk & Chasm are left, you send Chasm away and kill iHulk, you win.

• SourCream
    Options

@dianetics said:

I don't know, you tell me.
    Anyhow, tried in game and that's how it goes ... as intended ... ? No idea.

• dianetics
    Options

@SourCream said:

@dianetics said:

I don't know, you tell me.
    Anyhow, tried in game and that's how it goes ... as intended ... ? No idea.

@IceIX Is this working as intended? Should iHulk be able to revive if one teammate is downed and the other is away?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Gotta ask on Discord.

Zing! :D:D

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tested it and iHulk revives while Chasm is away. Probably Hit Monkey has to be paired with Kang to down this duo?

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think that is the same if a character is airbourne when you fire Apoc's red, it does nothing if that character has least health. Of course that is completely at odds with iHulk being able to revive with a character in the away status. If the character is not counted as a possible target for Apoc's red when away why are they counted as a partner for iHulk's revive?

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@Borstock said:
    Am I reading his blue right? If you get 27 blue AP, enough to fire it 3x in one turn, you win the match, don't you?

Yes that's how I read it.. BRB and polaris will accumulate that pretty quick

I believe Kang has to place the CD to send the Enemy away. By the time you get 27 Blue with BRB/Polaris there won't be any basic tiles to place the CD.

Ahhh I never thought of that

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:
    One way Kang is going to shake things up (both 3 and 5* version) that hasn't been talked about is Boss battles and Puzzle Gauntlet.

For weaker rosters if you can't beat that round 7/8 Boss, just bring 3* Kang, collect 9 Blue and you beat the Boss. Until/unless they coded all Bosses to not be allowed to be sent 'away' like they can't be stunned.

Same for Puzzle Gauntlet. Can't or don't want to get fortified tiles in 4 corners or some other annoying win condition? Just bring Kang as one of your 3 characters, and match Blue till you get 18 or 27 needed and send the enemy away and win. He'll work like Gamora's Black did (insta-kill) until they fixed it.

KGB

I thought about this but surly ot won't work on boss battles or it would make them too easy..

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Also contradicts IcelX's comment:

'Away' status is just that. The character in question isn't on the battlefield. When in this status, they cannot interact with the battle in any way, offensively or defensively. It's hard to deal damage when you're literally in Timbuktu

Away character clearly is interacting with the battle, if they are causing Apoc's Red damage to be diverted away from the character in play.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

In wong's pvp AI went away and Ihulk didn't revive.
    So one of the 2 situations is a bug: Ihulk can't revive because wong is away, or Ihulk reviving although chasm is away.

• dianetics
    Options

In this circumstance I imagine if there were enough Abyss tiles on the board Chasm would revive as well. Something seems odd with these interactions.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You would think they tested this.
    At least against the current immortal bros.

• SourCream
    Options