***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards

@bladewing said:

@CallTheStorm said:
    One scenario will be interesting. Team A with Wong and team B with Kang. When Wong is away by his own power, Kang kill/send away other two members of team A. In this case, is team A Wong coming back right away or team B win instantly?

It sounds like Team B will instantly win, if what Ice said on Discord is correct.

This would give Wong the biggest suicide ability in the game. If you're using Team B with Kang against a Team A with Wong, you can just down the other 2 opposing toons, and leave all the purple for the computer-controlled Wong to snatch up. Wong then fires the purple and boom, you win!

This does not bode well for Wong.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Chasm reads both teams "lose" AP

Kang reads regains any AP lost from “Destroy” or “Steal”

Are you guys sure that lost AP translates to destroyed AP?

• killahKlown

I'm calling it now... Wasp swarm will overwrite all Chasm tiles!!!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Since this ap regain is a new ability, it would be interesting to see if it regains ap "lost" from abilities like IMHB's red, 5* Emma's red or Ikaris' yellow etc. Maybe the dev forgot to consider such abilities as well. :D

Currently, these are the "verbs" used related to ap:

Destroy
    Steal
    Drain
    Deplete
    Take (5* DP)
    Lose
    Reduce
    Convert

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker

@killahKlown said:

The missing APs on the defensive end can be considered a steal. :D
    But how about on the offensive end?
    Let's say Chasm teams up with Kang. If the "lost" APs will be regained, then Chasm is still a meta because he can make good damage with no cost.

• entrailbucket

It's not that big a deal, but it would be really nice if they could standardize the language used for this kind of stuff. I'm pretty sure "destroy" and "drain" mean the same thing, and "steal" and "take" mean the same thing, when they're talking about AP, but it would be much easier to follow if they used the same word for every ability that does that.

• CallTheStorm

@entrailbucket said:

@bladewing said:

@CallTheStorm said:
    One scenario will be interesting. Team A with Wong and team B with Kang. When Wong is away by his own power, Kang kill/send away other two members of team A. In this case, is team A Wong coming back right away or team B win instantly?

It sounds like Team B will instantly win, if what Ice said on Discord is correct.

This would give Wong the biggest suicide ability in the game. If you're using Team B with Kang against a Team A with Wong, you can just down the other 2 opposing toons, and leave all the purple for the computer-controlled Wong to snatch up. Wong then fires the purple and boom, you win!

But Wong will reduce up to 30% ability damage from Kang too.
    Now the question is if Hit Mokey/Wong/Kang's pool is worth going all in. When you can take those APs back, I feel Kang/Wong/Monkey team is very efficient at killing the immortal teams.
    Wong buffers Monkey, Kang keeps AP safe, and Monkey can kill villains (Chasm/ihulk) and prevent their reviving with cheap red power. Feel it's not a bad pool.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

@killahKlown said:

Yes, Ice on Discord already confirmed that it will restore both your AP taken by the opponent's Chasm, as well as the AP drained by your own Chasm, unless I'm reading the comments incorrectly.

• killahKlown

@CallTheStorm said:

@entrailbucket said:

@bladewing said:

@CallTheStorm said:

Now the question is if Hit Mokey/Wong/Kang's pool is worth going all in. When you can take those APs back, I feel Kang/Wong/Monkey team is very efficient at killing the immortal teams.
    Wong buffers Monkey, Kang keeps AP safe, and Monkey can kill villains (Chasm/ihulk) and prevent their reviving with cheap red power. Feel it's not a bad pool.

You're not seeing the problem.

I kill your monkey then collect blue for my Kang. You send your wong away, I use my Kang to send yours away. Match over, I win. And only had to down one character

• bladewing

@HoundofShadow said:
    Since this ap regain is a new ability, it would be interesting to see if it regains ap "lost" from abilities like IMHB's red, 5* Emma's red or Ikaris' yellow etc. Maybe the dev forgot to consider such abilities as well. :D

Destroy
    Steal
    Drain
    Deplete
    Take (5* DP)
    Lose
    Reduce
    Convert

Ice said IMHB's red will NOT be restored. Not sure about the other characters.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler

@bladewing said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Destroy
    Steal
    Drain
    Deplete
    Take (5* DP)
    Lose
    Reduce
    Convert

Ice said IMHB's red will NOT be restored. Not sure about the other characters.

To add more details. If the destroy/steal occurs on the enemy turn then Kang will restore it.

So 5ice yellow should get restored teamup ap since it gets destroyed on the enemy turn. This makes 5ice work with Okoye and not be hinder if paired with Kang.

• CallTheStorm
    edited February 2023

@killahKlown said:

@CallTheStorm said:

@entrailbucket said:

@bladewing said:

@CallTheStorm said:

You're not seeing the problem.

I kill your monkey then collect blue for my Kang. You send your wong away, I use my Kang to send yours away. Match over, I win. And only had to down one character

Player vs AI always has advantages due to AI plays really dumb, except the annoying chasm.
    Please note following facts:
    Monkey red deals 35% extra to Kang,
    Wong gives another 30% extra on it,
    Monkey kills those whose health is less than 15% instantly when makes any damage,
    Monkey/Wong’s match damage is higher than Kang, Kang only tanks blue and black in the team, Monkey tanks purple and green,
    Monkey convert a tiles to a red or a purple tiles every turn, it could cause collect red faster or make a purple auto match.

If you cannot collect blue fast enough, your Kang could die first by Monkey’s red power followed by a normal green or purple match when you play against AI. :)

• entrailbucket

Eh, I really can't see anyone leaving Kang, Hit Monkey, or Wong out on defense for any length of time. Chasm will steamroll all those guys.

These are probably offensive-only characters, which is sort of the problem with this type of counter.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:
    Eh, I really can't see anyone leaving Kang, Hit Monkey, or Wong out on defense for any length of time. Chasm will steamroll all those guys.

These are probably offensive-only characters, which is sort of the problem with this type of counter.

Isn't that what we or maybe just I want, an offensive counter that downs chasm quickly. If it's terrible on defense its a good thing because hopefully it opens up other counter teams to Kang monkey or Kang sw.

What I don't want to see is endless Kang SW or Kang monkey, because then we just replaced one ad nauseum team with another.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

As always, and after testing it myself, wong bonus damage doesn't stack with HM bonus.
    So SW, colossus, even kingping could have more use for kang and HM than wong.
    Poor wong. A great character if it was released 1 year ago. Now he is outshadowed by chasm first(not allowing his free spell) and now by the anti chasm kang, waiting for him to go away and gifting a victory.

• bladewing

@Bad said:
    As always, and after testing it myself, wong bonus damage doesn't stack with HM bonus.
    So SW, colossus, even kingping could have more use for kang and HM than wong.
    Poor wong. A great character if it was released 1 year ago. Now he is outshadowed by chasm first(not allowing his free spell) and now by the anti chasm kang, waiting for him to go away and gifting a victory.

Yeah, Wong is dead on arrival, unfortunately for me as I have him champed

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

AI Chasm destroys ap during players' turns?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Officially yes Chasm destroys on opponents turn. That means the stun/ap interaction is a bug. It has mentioned in the bugs section that Chasm needs to be rebuilt to work predictably. It was a while back I read that though.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,574 Chairperson of the Boards

Crikey - Wong has been killed off/demoted before I even got a single cover! That must be a record!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023