*** Kang (Classic) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited March 2023 in Character Details

Kang (Classic)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Technologists, Time Displaced, Multiversal, Cosmic, Geniuses

"Hailing from the future, Nathaniel Richards has worn many mantles; Iron Lad, Rama-Tut, the Scarlet Centurion. Sometimes beneficent, sometimes cruel, the being most commonly known as Kang the Conqueror strives to conqueror not only all of space, but all of time as well."

Abilities listed at level 40/166
Health: 2674/10200

Leveraged Potential - 6 Black AP
Kang can pull tools from across space and time - but time has a way of catching up to you! Kang deals 369 damage to the target. Then, if one does not exist, creates a 2-turn Fortified Black Countdown tile that deals 56 damage to Kang and sends him Away for 2 turns when it expires or is destroyed; otherwise, adds 1 turn(s) to the tile.

(PASSIVE) If Kang is Away and has no non-downed allies, Kang loses the battle. (Max 1152/174 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 443 damage to the target. Deals 67 damage to Kang. (Max 1382/209 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 531 damage to the target. 3-turn CD tile. Deals 78 damage to Kang. (Max 1659/244 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 685 damage to the target. Deals 101 damage to Kang. (Max 2143/313 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 989 damage to the target. Deals 146 damage to Kang. (Max 3087/452 damage)

Temporal Shift - 9 Blue AP
Kang doesn’t need to defeat you here, or even now - sometimes all it takes for victory is for you to be… somewhen else. Kang shifts the target to another time or place, creating a 2-turn Blue Countdown tile; while this tile exists, the target is Away. When the target returns, they take 2% permanent damage for each turn they were away.

(PASSIVE) At the start of his turn, Kang’s team regains any AP lost from “Destroy” or “Steal” effects. If all of Kang’s opponents are Downed or Away, he wins the battle.

• Level 2: Target takes 3% permanent damage.
  • Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Target takes 4% permanent damage.
  • Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Blue Countdown tile. Target takes 5% permanent damage.

Cosmic Tactician - 6 Purple AP
You’re just a piece on the board, and Kang knows all the best moves. He adds 1 turn to the duration of all Countdown tiles, then deals 32 damage for each turn remaining among all Countdown tiles and 6 damage for each enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile.

(PASSIVE) Your plans might just be his plans. Whenever an opponent creates a Countdown tile, add 1 turn to its duration; whenever a Countdown tile expires, Kang gains 1 Blue AP.

• Level 2: Deals 38 damage per CD turn, 7 for each SAP tile.
  • Level 3: Deals 45 damage per CD turn, 8 for each SAP tile.
  • Level 4: Deals 58 damage per CD turn, 11 for each SAP tile. Kang gains 2 Blue AP.
  • Level 5: Deals 83 damage per CD turn, 16 for each SAP tile.

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
The Hunt - 2/9 - 2/12
Kang (The Conqueror) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Kang (The Conqueror) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Honor Among Thieves - 2/12 - 2/16
Kang (The Conqueror) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Kang Foo! - 2/9 - 2/13
Kang (The Conqueror) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Despot our Differences - 2/12 - 2/15
Kang (The Conqueror) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
One of a Kang Store - 2/9 - 2/12
Chance to get Kang (The Conqueror). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

For All Time Vault - 2/16 - 2/19
Chance to get Kang (The Conqueror). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x What is Past is Passé Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso
○ 6x 1000 Iso
○ 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

What is Past is Passé Legendary Store - 2/16 - 2/19
15% chance to get Kang (The Conqueror), Wasp (Hope Van Dyne), and Captain America (First Avenger)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor

Janet van dyne? It would be hope wouldn't it?

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Janet van dyne? It would be hope wouldn't it?

Whoops, fixed!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Lol they gave the 3* the instakill ability, I'm sure this will be just fine.

• demo8
    demo8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

I know that Ghost was announced as a Hit Monkey feeder. When can we finally expect to see those awards go out?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

For the blue ability, 5% permanent damage is vague. Is it 5% permanent damage of max hp or current hp of Away target?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@entrailbucket said:

Right! IM40 and him will rule 3* land!

Add 2* Mags for extra blue.. who can stop them??

Update: Sentry cheap green to gain a ton of blue upon expiration

• entrailbucket

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I have a feeling we're going to see this one addressed before too long. When something overpowered happens in the lower tiers it gets fixed fast.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I have a feeling we're going to see this one addressed before too long. When something overpowered happens in the lower tiers it gets fixed fast.

The quick fix is to remove the Win-Passive blue, but I see the 3* version has a Loss-Passive black so maybe the devs think that'll be enough

• entrailbucket

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

The quick fix is to remove the Win-Passive blue, but I see the 3* version has a Loss-Passive black so maybe the devs think that'll be enough

Narrator: "It was not."

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023

Will be interesting to see - im40 struggles to get enough blue to fire his own power @16 AP. getting 27 will be twice as long. looking at two turns to get yellow, 2 turns to get ap, 2 turns to unstun (and gather yellow ap) two turns to get more ap, then fire.

so all things being equal that's 8 turns (and if a perfect board, flooded with yellow).

there's also NO WAY the AI will be smart enough to do this. I think he'll be fair. There's nothing wrong with a meta character like this (same as Shang Chi). they can be super powerful to play, but generally easy to beat.

now, add sentry, and potentially that could be a little quicker.

• entrailbucket

It depends. In the past they've been very careful about what kinds of stuff 3* are allowed to do. I don't think this guy is breaking the game, and he's beyond irrelevant for us, but they're very conscious of gameplay at lower tiers.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

There are already many winfinites. Give enough turns and any battle is beatable.
    Khang has a lot of potential to win the battle even on his 3* version.
    But 27 APs aren't easy or quick to win so if they don't release a broken blue battery I don't see anything game breaking.

• HoundofShadow

It's because you haven't found it. I've. :D

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I'm not just repeating, but even doubling it.
    27 blues aren't quick to get.
    If you find a way, it won't be faster than SC or okoye.
    If it's faster, it won't be a better defensive team than okoye.
    If it is, it won't be as health pack economic than SC or okoye.
    (And by the way if you were thinking about Vulture and deathlok, you can already forget it :D )

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:
    It depends. In the past they've been very careful about what kinds of stuff 3* are allowed to do. I don't think this guy is breaking the game, and he's beyond irrelevant for us, but they're very conscious of gameplay at lower tiers.

I don't want to push an agenda here, but honestly - have they been careful with 3stars? there hasn't been a 3star since 2017 (or maybe early 2018. can't remember if Angel or Elektra was the last), and one of the last releases (gambit) was a broken mess. A lot of the more unique skills simply didn't exist much when they were last doing 3stars

the past two (arcade and emma) are certainly good, but not game-changing and I'm not sure Kang is either.

• entrailbucket

I guess I'm basing that off Gambit mostly, and that was awhile ago. They turned around a fix for 3* Gambit in like a week, though. Also, supposedly the OML nerf happened because it made the game too easy for lower tier players...but, again, that was awhile ago too.

I'm not even sure if 3* players exist anymore, the new players might jump straight from 2* to Polaris. Either way, Kang seems like an escalation at the tier.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

These were the 5/3 releases under the old Devs:

Dr. Strange - meta at 3* level for PvE? Powerful stun with multi-tool add on.
    Thanos - very strong for Court Death and quick clearing PvE trivial nodes but probably a bit slow for everything else, tanky health
    Star-Lord - an all rounder, probably mid tier
    Gambit - average on his own but broken with a 0/0/5 build. Nerfed into ground.
    Elektra (released with 5* DD) - A watered down version of the 4* version.
    Angel (released with Archangel) - a pretty average 3*, might be the weakest release

Also, supposedly the OML nerf happened because it made the game too easy for lower tier players...but, again, that was awhile ago too.

I'm not sure he made the game too easy but what he did (if you had his yellow cover that is) was enable you to push further with a 3 or 2 team because he could absorb all the damage and heal it off whilst hitting with 5* match damage. So you could save a LOT of health packs which at 3* level can be a pretty big deal (unlike some Vets who have 20,000 of the things and panic if they dip below 19k, lol!)

• HoundofShadow
    edited February 2023

I was a 2* or 3* player when 3* 0/0/5 Gambit and Spider Gwen were dominating pvps for a moment. Teenage Kicks + Cherry Bomb = team stunlocked + massive damage. I didn't have the chance to beat them because he was nerfed pretty quickly.

I find the 3* Kang's black easier to understand than his 5* counterpart. I wonder if he loses his entire health if his black passive triggers the instant loss.

And his purple damage looks like 1* damage.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

If you were going to try and use 3* Kang to get shot of more powerful enemies/punch up from the 3* tier then you probably need a jump in front character to protect him (even then he is going to be vulnerable to AOE) until you can send him away. I suppose you could throw him airbourne with Colossus or a CM5 team-up and hope his blue triggered on return? I guess we will have his PvP to mess about in before we get the 5* version PvP?

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker

Why is the arrow between Ghost and 5* Hit-Monkey in Feeder Updates graph green? Legend says green means "Unchanged". But currently Ghost isn't feeding anybody. If he would feed Hit-Monkey it will be new (it means should be blue arrow). And then there is a question - will there be retro rewards too?