***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited March 2023 in Character Details

Kang (The Conqueror)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Technologists, Time Displaced, Multiversal, Cosmic, Geniuses

"Kang, a fearsome warlord with a mysterious past, has conquered the Quantum Realm and rules over all citizens with a strict and brutal totalitarian regime."

Abilities listed at level 255/450
Health: 17493/70312

Conquer - 6 Black AP
You had a deal? The Conqueror stops at nothing, in this universe or any other. Kang deals 3588 damage to the target. Then, if one does not exist, creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile that deals 886 damage per turn it was on the board to the front-most ally when it expires or is destroyed; otherwise, adds 1 turn(s) to the tile. (Max 14422/3561 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 3947 damage to the target. Deals 975 damage if destroyed. (Max 15869/3917 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 4521 damage to the target. 3-turn CD tile. Deals 1063 damage if destroyed. (Max 18172/4273 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 5274 damage to the target. Deals 1240 damage if destroyed. (Max 21200/4985 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 6781 damage to the target. Deals 1595 damage if destroyed. (Max 27258/6410 damage)

Realm Shift - 9 Blue AP
Kang doesn’t need to defeat you now, or even here - sometimes all it takes for victory is for you to be… somewhere else. Kang shifts the target to another realm, creating a 2-turn Fortified Blue Countdown tile; while this tile exists, the target is Away. When the target returns, they take 532 damage for each turn they were Away. (Max 2137 damage)

(PASSIVE) At the start of his turn, Kang’s team regains any AP lost from “Destroy” or “Steal” effects. If all of Kang’s opponents are Downed or Away, he wins the battle.

• Level 2: Target takes 575 damage. (Max 2308 damage)
  • Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Target takes 622 damage. (Max 2500 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Blue Countdown tile.

Cosmic Tactician - 6 Purple AP
Kang is a cunning tactician; every step forward is a step back for you. He adds 1 turn to the duration of all Countdown tiles, then deals 239 damage for each turn remaining among all Countdown tiles and 239 damage for each enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile.

(PASSIVE) Your plans might just be his plans. Whenever an opponent creates a Countdown tile, add 1 turn to its duration; whenever a Countdown tile is destroyed, Kang gains 1 Blue AP. (Max 961/961 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 263/263 damage (Max 1057/1057 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 287/287 damage (Max 1153/1153 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 335/335 damage (Max 1345/1345 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 430/430 damage (Max 1730/1730 damage)

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
The Hunt - 2/9 - 2/12
Kang (The Conqueror) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Kang (The Conqueror) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Honor Among Thieves - 2/12 - 2/16
Kang (The Conqueror) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Kang Foo! - 2/9 - 2/13
Kang (The Conqueror) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Despot our Differences - 2/12 - 2/15
Kang (The Conqueror) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
One of a Kang Store - 2/9 - 2/12
Chance to get Kang (The Conqueror). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

For All Time Vault - 2/16 - 2/19
Chance to get Kang (The Conqueror). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x What is Past is Passé Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso
○ 6x 1000 Iso
○ 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

What is Past is Passé Legendary Store - 2/16 - 2/19
15% chance to get Kang (The Conqueror), Wasp (Hope Van Dyne), and Captain America (First Avenger)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

Wasp in his cp store. Is this a sign that she's about to be buffed?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023

That black countdown confuses me.

does the counter go up, every time you don't hit the targeted character?

also holy moly that blue. pair Kang with 2star characters against ihulk - game over. EDIT: i miss read it.

BUT, this guy is without a doubt the counter to the ichulk meta we needed. no AP drain, flicking people away, winning battles.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

Which one wins between Wong's passive and Kang's passive? (return from away immediately when all allies are downed vs win when every enemy is downed or away)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

That blue power is really, really good -- the active and passive. It's basically "instakill one guy" on the color with the best AP batteries. I bet this is going to speed up high end PvE considerably.

Hopefully this is their last unsuccessful try at a Chasm counter. Chasm probably won't have much of a problem beating him, so I don't see him pushing Chasm out of the metagame.

• bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

I thought Hit Monkey is fed by Domino. When did Ghost become feeder for him?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@bigwhoop said:
    I thought Hit Monkey is fed by Domino. When did Ghost become feeder for him?

probably now?

• jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited February 2023

Did Ghost feed HM before? I don’t have mine champed at the moment, but maybe I’ll champ her now before the change happens? Can someone confirm?

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker

Domino had been the Hit Monkey feeder. Does he get a double feeder?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The hard counter to Chasm is here. Chasm should be safe from nerf. :D

The black power is confusing to me as well. At 3 covers, when does it deal damage to front-most ally? When it expires, is destroyed or each turn it is on the board?

At 4-5 covers, it deals damage to Kang if destroyed instead and then increases the black cd by 1 every turn?

Gather 9 blue aps and you win the game against Chasm and iHulk. The blue power looks broken, if it works the way I interpret it. The blue power needs to be nerfed. :p

As for his purple passive, does it trigger when opponent fires power that creates cdnor it triggers even when it is created passively?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX - is Ghost correct and the green arrow should be retro? Or is Ghost wrong and it should read Domino with the green arrow?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor

I’d have thought they would be the other way around as Kang is in the quantum realm, I know nothing about the character but I assume there’s some kind of F4 connection???

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Domino feeds Hit Monkey. I’m not sure Ghost feeds anyone. Discord says nope.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

Those passives seem very exploitable, so I expect Kang to have a place in high level play (who generates or destroys a lot of cd tiles? Their life will now suck when fighting kang).

The blue active does seem something like a match winner, but 9ap powers without acceleration have not really been dominant in a very long time.

Overall he seems like a pretty high-floor characrer, with some potential to play up and be meta.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Ghost doesn't feed anyone.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:
    Wasp in his cp store. Is this a sign that she's about to be buffed?

Yes, quantumania has been the obvious target date for a wasp rework for a LONG time now. I will be shocked if we don't see something for her in the next few weeks.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Hahahahahaha, I overlooked his black power doing 30,000 damage at lvl450, for 6ap. It's got some self/friendly damage tacked onto it but that's hardly a downside.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited February 2023

It says "unchanged" so it's probably some sort of error given that Ghost doesn't feed HM right now

• capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

I’m disappointed that it’s Cap A and Wasp in the Kang store. I was fully anticipating YJ/Wasp and looking forward to finishing YJ.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker

@capnthordo said:
    I’m disappointed that it’s Cap A and Wasp in the Kang store. I was fully anticipating YJ/Wasp and looking forward to finishing YJ.

That would have been better