yes you broke (powerstone) [Fixed]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

so what was supposed to be cast 5 supports (doable) visually it now says 15 WOW lol.
trying to confirm now if this is a visual bug or if indeed its broken. @Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Julie71
  • Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 54 Match Maker

I think 15 is too much. But 5 doesn't capture the BRO sets artifact focus and would make the event too easy. I think 10 would be a good. It would be challenging, unique, and captures the BRO set yet not too much of an event slog or nearly as time consuming.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Fireguy - I disagree.
    If the theme requires artifacts (or support) to be played, then I would rather have a secondary that say something like
    “you must have a total of 5 supports in your deck.”
    Or “you must have 2 artifact supports and 2 artifact creatures in your deck.”
    Both of these example will force players to use supports/artifacts and both will allow players to create varied decks/strategies.

The cast 15 supports is extremely annoying in my view! I wonder if it has been added to ensure longer matches. But then why not just make a secondary saying “win in 10 or more rounds”?

I have no idea what the game designer wants to achieve with the current secondaries.

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited February 2023

I've had a pretty harsh week and I'm also extremely annoyed by having played 12 matches that needed me to play 15 supports each, so forgive me if what I have to say sounds either arrogant or too aggressive.

I've thought about how stuff like this happens.

And I've come up with only a few possible explanations.

A ) your maths skills are not that great. (Supported by having the first description of the event only having 6 charges at maximum, each charge giving our 10 ribbons if played perfectly, but it having a personal reward structure that had a maximum progression of 80 ribbons)
    It takes some effort to add another digit to a number, so it's probably not a simple slip of a pen

B ) you did not give the correct description to your player base because you don't care enough.

C ) the event was rushed, to be able to give the players something new, fresh and exiting.

Personally, i just hope it was C )

But I'm not here to complain, I'd rather add something constructive criticism.

Here is what I have to say.
    Why not just let us play some kind of beta test run instead of just releasing incomplete or bugged events.
    We know you can do it, because you did exactly that back when dual decks: zendikar vs eldrazi was released.

I'd sign up for a test run. I don't need any rewards for testing stuff. I'd play the whole event and fill in any kind of spreadsheet afterwards.
    And i know a lot of ppl who would be up for that, too.

We already have three or four of the biggest groups working together on tracking down bugs, testing freezes and glitches as one big and helpful mtgpq family. We have set up a bug tracking channel and everyone is invited to just add to that, we know each other really well and are even able to synchronize to play live PvP if that is needed for bug tracking.

So please just make it a habit of asking your player base if they are up for testing events before they go public. We can help you sort those bugs and mistakes out.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

15 supports makes this event a real grind.

• Taranis
    Taranis Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

Howdy Strangers (mostly the Devs) ;)

There is one point that I don't understand. In your announcement you tell us about the 5 support secondary. You skipped the event for one week. So you had serval weeks to tell us this change. Many of us prepare they Decks beforehand. So why you don't tell us this change? The only reasonable cause would be 2 options.

1. It was a mistake
    2. It was intention

In both cases it is up to you.

• aaronfetty
    aaronfetty Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

No more of this 15 support nonsense

• Julie71
    edited February 2023

while we know this event was buggy i do have to add i love this (ribbon) earned in a game even if I failed to win it completely was added to my score. if its unintentional please feel free to keep it. and add it to other events. I will spend the pics since it has names

• Tremayne

@Julie71 said:
    while we know this event was buggy i do have to add i love this (ribbon) earned in a game even if I failed to win it completely was added to my score. if its unintentional please feel free to keep it. and add it to other events. I will spend the pics since it has names

So that was why points was added when losing matches! I had not seen that in the announcement.

+1 for keeping that.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

I loved the "6 charges today, 6 tomorrow, you decide when to play them but you'll never lose charges for starting late"-system.

• Tremayne

@ArielSira said:
    I loved the "6 charges today, 6 tomorrow, you decide when to play them but you'll never lose charges for starting late"-system.

I totally agree.
    This event has some good and some bad things, but we should definitely make sure to praise the good things.

• Julie71

@Oktagon_Support this is scheduled for this weekend.