Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

And here... we... go! Human Torch has "flamed on"!

Bracket Size: 1000

Placement Rewards

1-2 X-Force Yellow
3-20 Human Torch Black + Green 3000 ISO 100HP
21-50 Human Torch Black + Green 2500 ISO 100 HP
51-100 Human Torch Green 2500 ISO 100 HP
101-200 Human Torch Green 1500 ISO 50 HP
201-300 Ares Green 1500 ISO 50 HP
301-400 Ares Green 1000 ISO 25 HP
401-500 Ares Green 500 ISO
501+ Participation Prizes

Notable Progression Awards

500 + 15000 Heroic Event Token (Super Soldier)
5000 + 66666 + 120000 50 Hero Points
93333 Captain America (Steve Rogers) - Yellow
160000 Captain America(Steve Rogers) - Red

Notable Alliance Awards

1-2 Human Torch Red 5000 ISO 500HP
3-10 Human Torch Red 2500 ISO 100HP
11-25 Human Torch Red 2000 ISO 50HP
26-50 Human Torch Red 1500 ISO 25HP
51-100 Human Torch Red 1500 ISO
101-250 Human Torch Red 1000 ISO
251-500 Ares Yellow 1000 ISO
501-750 Ares Yellow 500 ISO
751-1000 Ares Yellow 250 ISO
1001+ Participation Prizes

Powered-Up Heroes

Thor (Marvel Now!)
Black Widow (Original)
Storm (Classic)
Wolverine (Patch)
The Hulk
Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Comments

• Is it just me, or are PvE events being run much more frequently than in the past?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it just me, or are PvE events being run much more frequently than in the past?

I remember them saying in an earlier article somewhere that they saw a significant increase in user activity with these PvE events: I'm guessing that their new strategy is to have one running at all times to keep users engaged. I personally remember myself complaining whenever there wasn't an event, so I like this change. It helps that they tend to alternate the super grindy events (Hulk) with the not as grindy events (simulator, heroic X) so that we aren't burnt out as much. Apparently the first time this was ran, it was just a single map that had nodes initially locked, but more and more unlocked as time went on, so this event should be one that is less grindy.
  • How is this not a permanent addition to "available all the time" PvE yet.... icon_neutral.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, at some point I think IceIX mentioned that they want to have a PvE running much more often, which was a departure from their initial plan. I'd bet it's almost definitely related to the "casual" players participating in those much more often in those than in PvP, since there's a lot less pressure and negativity (of losing points.)

I'm curious to see if they are going to switch this version up much. There historically hasn't been sub-Events in Unstable ISO, so I wonder if it's just going to be one long 6-day grind.
  • I figured that the next PvE wouldn't start until Thursday after the lightning rounds.

But, in their new event layout, there appears to be a consistent theme of Back to back 9.5 day events, with a 24 hour spacer, for each 21 day cycle. The math works out a bit too nice in this one.

9.5 day event + 1 day spacer + 9.5 day event + 1 day spacer = 21 days (3 weeks).

Seems like this is the new format for PvE moving forward.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, at some point I think IceIX mentioned that they want to have a PvE running much more often, which was a departure from their initial plan. I'd bet it's almost definitely related to the "casual" players participating in those much more often in those than in PvP, since there's a lot less pressure and negativity (of losing points.)

I'm curious to see if they are going to switch this version up much. There historically hasn't been sub-Events in Unstable ISO, so I wonder if it's just going to be one long 6-day grind.

it's possible that they change it to the heroic juggs structure where they do 2 rounds of 3 days each, which I'm actually somewat fond of. 6 days seems excessive if you're just working on a single map, and I really liked the 3 day structure for events with a single main map.
  • Nemek wrote:

Hoping for two, three day events with Steve Rogers covers, is that asking for too much? icon_twisted.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    Nemek wrote:

Hoping for two, three day events with Steve Rogers covers, is that asking for too much? icon_twisted.gif

LazyThor covers instead please!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Nemek wrote:

Haha, I just said basically the same thing on our FB group. I think that's what I would like the most, as well. Like the Heroic Juggs event, just split the event into two with the full set of missions from the start, instead of the 5ish missions a day with how it used to run.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I'm really getting burnt out with multi-day/multi-segment events.

There are only three 2* covers I want to get (1 M.Hawkeye red / 2 M.Hawkeye purple). The rest is just grinding for Alliance awards, extra ISO/HP, and the chance of a 3* cover.

I dug the new matchups and roster limitations of The Simulator. That was fun. I'm just getting tired of not feeling like I can take a day off without blowing a week's worth of grinding (like I was kicking myself for being less than 10K of points short of the 8,000 ISO prize in the Simulator).
  • NorthernPolarity
    BearVenger wrote:
    I'm really getting burnt out with multi-day/multi-segment events.

There are only three 2* covers I want to get (1 M.Hawkeye red / 2 M.Hawkeye purple). The rest is just grinding for Alliance awards, extra ISO/HP, and the chance of a 3* cover.

I dug the new matchups and roster limitations of The Simulator. That was fun. I'm just getting tired of not feeling like I can take a day off without blowing a week's worth of grinding.

You can take a day or two off with each sub in the simulator though: rubberbanding only really required you to play on the last day in order to be competitive.
  • A 6 day PvE sounds good to me, as long as it doesn't require too much grinding. I'm sat on 60k ISO as well so hopefully other characters other than Lazy Cap are buffed, and gives me an excuse to spend the ISO on someone useful.
  • This is the only event I've completely missed, so it'll be good to have the rerun.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I'm extremely stupid at PvE metagame, what do I need to do not to face lvl 230s again? I can defeat them, but it takes soooo much tiiime without Patch, lazyThor, GSBW, etc.
    Foregoing Spidey is seemingly not the answer, since some players abused him and still never got hit with harsh scaling.
    Is it NOT to grind the missions too much, only trying to play optimally and completely giving up on trying to get every 500 ISO reward?
    Is it actually taking damage and needing healthpacks between games? But what about the Spidey point above?

• You can take a day or two off with each sub in the simulator though: rubberbanding only really required you to play on the last day in order to be competitive.

I thought you'd have to play at least a couple of times a day not to reach the cap of the rubberbanding multiplier? I guess it depends on whether you go through all the missions as least once on the first day to give yourself a score closer to the leader.
  • I think using health packs and taking damage is supposed to help. However, I regularly use my health packs and still ended the final Simulator round with plenty of 230 fights in the Hard sub. I don't use Spiderman (occasionally use CMags though) so that isn't it either.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Is it NOT to grind the missions too much, only trying to play optimally and completely giving up on trying to get every 500 ISO reward?
    This.
    Do one full run through every mission once, and the essential missions with the required char twice more (so 1x each, 3x essential).
    Then do 3x essentials for every refresh you choose to do.

This got me to top 2 in the main of the simulator with 272k points, playing only one session per day.
    Initial runthrough takes about 45 mins hard + normal, after that 30 mins for each sub.

Didn't see a single 230 the whole event - at least in the required nodes, I didn't even look at the other missions after the first go.

Of course you miss out on a bit of ISO, but keep your sanity.
  • locked wrote:
    I'm extremely stupid at PvE metagame, what do I need to do not to face lvl 230s again? I can defeat them, but it takes soooo much tiiime without Patch, lazyThor, GSBW, etc.
    Foregoing Spidey is seemingly not the answer, since some players abused him and still never got hit with harsh scaling.
    Is it actually taking damage and needing healthpacks between games? But what about the Spidey point above?

Research not conclusive for all cases. The best tip is to play the least amount of games. What for practice means waiting up for good RB multiplier then do the missions with most points only. And at most 1 game on the rest.

IceIX mentioned that game time and final health counts -- might have some influence but probably way less than the raw amount of games won.

Levels you see are combined from personal and community, the latter will bump often-played battles (easier ones without essentials first). So restricting play mostly to essential is win on all aspects: more points, less community scaling. In sim they all used overbuffed bosses so not even ballast-penalty we had earlier.

Possibly losing a few battles help too so don't be shy to retreat liberally.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    thanks for the tips, I will try this optimal PvE thingy, although PvE events are so good for your ISO stock...
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    locked wrote:
    This.
    Do one full run through every mission once, and the essential missions with the required char twice more (so 1x each, 3x essential).
    Then do 3x essentials for every refresh you choose to do.

This got me to top 2 in the main of the simulator with 272k points, playing only one session per day.
    Initial runthrough takes about 45 mins hard + normal, after that 30 mins for each sub.

Didn't see a single 230 the whole event - at least in the required nodes, I didn't even look at the other missions after the first go.

Of course you miss out on a bit of ISO, but keep your sanity.

Totally agreed. Won my bracket and only played twice a day. Usually just took points and stopped the Requireds as they fell below 600 points.