Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sekilicious said:
    I use her red all the time. The synergy with mThor until she gets going is pretty insane.

Well yes, but on that particular challenge node the main thing is to perma stun Strange without Natasha stunning one of yours in return, so green.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Oh yeah I agree. Though I did fire her red a few times and let her eat 20k each but I’m cruel that way.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@LavaManLee said:
    Not sure why I would use Riri red over SC red if running SC/MT/Riri. I certainly may be missing something. Is Riri red faster than using SC red or is it more fun?

We're talking CN here, with Jane Riri Half-thor

Gotcha. I always use MT Riri SC for all CN.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

her red will spam out a spectacular array of charged tiles, so if you have SC's purple queued up you can really bank a ton of AP fast to jumpstart yourself.

• Sekilicious

@LavaManLee said:
    Not sure why I would use Riri red over SC red if running SC/MT/Riri. I certainly may be missing something. Is Riri red faster than using SC red or is it more fun?

If I’m using SC red and not cheesing through a CN I find him most reliable with Valk (0/4/0) and 3* Emma.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Her red is ok, but if you have enough yellow banked you can nuke down the opposing team.

RiRi is really there to deprive the opposing team of match turns. If you are above 14 red then you can use RiRis red for extra charged tiles.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker

Riri and MThor are fun on a wave node. Last one I ended up with a board full of charges (40ish) and 92 destroyed. MThor's red and yellow doing some insane damage

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Riri's red is a pretty lackluster damage power but probably the best tile-charging power in the game.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Gargantos/Hawkeye/Ronan has been pretty fun in simulator this season. I’ve been prioritizing Ronan’s blue because once it proliferated enough you can do mega damage and knock out the revive teams pretty handily.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Just tried 5* thor (mighty thor) polaris and kitty.. the board just goes nuts and can do some pretty good damage

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Okoye, Arcade, and Crystal.
    They are all boosted now and there is so much random damage from so many sources it is comical.

Ideally you want Okoye big enough to tank over Crystal.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

Is the enhanced boost list here to stay? I too run Arcade and Crystal, they rock.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's a fun team that is imbued with the lessons of:
    1) turning weakness into strength
    2) sacrificing oneself for the greater good
    :D

I bring you this team that must be positioned in this order (if you are using ap boost): mThor/3* Captain Marvel/5* Riri.

For the past few years, 3* Captain Marvel has been overlooked by all tiers of players, including 2* and 3* players. She's never been part of any "recommended teams" by players.

Currently in shield sim, Chasm/She-Hulk/iHulk is dominating there during mid to late climb and most team compositions get stunned on the first turn. The hard counter to Chasm/iHulk might be here, but it could another two to three months of wait for many.

With this team, 3* CM is going to feed you tons of red, ranging from 0 to 20/25.

The typical ap gained is 10 or 15, before paying Chasm tax. There are times where 3* CM is still alive, which allows me to stun Chasm for 2 turns with her black. You will always need one healthpack for 3* Captain Marvel because she's sacrificing herself for the greater good: to keep mThor and Riri healthy for 3-5 more Chasm/iHulk/She-Hulk matches.

My first 3-5 moves are almost always the same: fire Riri's red once or twice, then fire Riri's green or MThor's red once. Match green if possible. With up to 25% of the board filled with charged tiles, Chasm has a hard time keeping up with his Abyss tiles. For the next 2-3 turns, Chasm is destroyed by mThor's red permanently, while Riri keeps them in a stun loop.

One thing to note about Riri is that her Overcharged cd is created either on red or green tile, depending on which power you fire that triggers the cds. (Who fires her blue anyway?) There are a few times where I got free red or green match-3 because of her cd, which immediately reset her Overcharged counter to zero.

Here's the video of this team:

https://streamable.com/kjzon0

One shocking thing I need to mention is this: I climbed shield sim from 1300 to 2000 with this team in the last few hours for my mmr without shield hopping.

Here's my mmr opponents left after hitting 2000 points:

https://streamable.com/u5g1am

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:
    Here's a fun team that is imbued with the lessons of:
    1) turning weakness into strength
    2) sacrificing oneself for the greater good
    :D

I bring you this team that must be positioned in this order (if you are using ap boost): mThor/3* Captain Marvel/5* Riri.

For the past few years, 3* Captain Marvel has been overlooked by all tiers of players, including 2* and 3* players. She's never been part of any "recommended teams" by players.

Currently in shield sim, Chasm/She-Hulk/iHulk is dominating there during mid to late climb and most team compositions get stunned on the first turn. The hard counter to Chasm/iHulk might be here, but it could another two to three months of wait for many.

With this team, 3* CM is going to feed you tons of red, ranging from 0 to 20/25.

The typical ap gained is 10 or 15, before paying Chasm tax. There are times where 3* CM is still alive, which allows me to stun Chasm for 2 turns with her black. You will always need one healthpack for 3* Captain Marvel because she's sacrificing herself for the greater good: to keep mThor and Riri healthy for 3-5 more Chasm/iHulk/She-Hulk matches.

My first 3-5 moves are almost always the same: fire Riri's red once or twice, then fire Riri's green or MThor's red once. Match green if possible. With up to 25% of the board filled with charged tiles, Chasm has a hard time keeping up with his Abyss tiles. For the next 2-3 turns, Chasm is destroyed by mThor's red permanently, while Riri keeps them in a stun loop.

One thing to note about Riri is that her Overcharged cd is created either on red or green tile, depending on which power you fire that triggers the cds. (Who fires her blue anyway?) There are a few times where I got free red or green match-3 because of her cd, which immediately reset her Overcharged counter to zero.

Here's the video of this team:

https://streamable.com/kjzon0

One shocking thing I need to mention is this: I climbed shield sim from 1300 to 2000 with this team in the last few hours for my mmr without shield hopping.

Here's my mmr opponents left after hitting 2000 points:

This is very interesting.. what is your buikds for riri and m thor

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Riri and mThor has only one build: 3/5/5 and 5/3/5 respectively. And 3* Captain Marvel must always be in the middle.

Here's another fun pick-3 team against iHulk/Chasm, that doesn't require much effort, but it does require more healthpacks. Since shield sim runs for ~30 days and 50 wins are needed to hit max rewards, you can do 2 wins against them everyday and call it a day using both teams without caring about healthpacks.

Without further ado, I bring you Hit Monkey, 5* Hawkeye and 4* Deadpool:

https://streamable.com/k8yuxj

In the previous meta of Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse, I was using Gargantos, Hawkeye and Deadpool to deal with them. With the change of meta to Chasm/iHulk/She-Hulk, this team evolved and Hit Monkey replaced Gargantos. If Chasm is in the middle, matches end quicker compared to him not being in the middle.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

Not to nitpick, but shield sim is 24 days. It’s still ~2 per day. But just pointing it out.

• Sekilicious

Boosted Okoye, Riri, and (sadly unloved) mThor just made Carbage their tinykitty. It took longer than 3 turns though.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023

Trying out some IM XLVI 5* “Team Iron Man” teams to find a competitive set:

Deadpool
    iShulk
    Iron Man

No scheme in terms of play, but it works well enough. Deadpool stays behind IM46 and iShulk. I shoot to gather as much red/black as possible and trigger DP’s Wade and Measured often.

The dual steal provided by DP and IM and Shulk as a tank provides a great opportunity to get ahead. DP’s black provides a nice outlet for unused AP, especially purple (only color not active for the team).

They are easy to beat on defense, but that’s no surprise.

Once Green Goblin gets a rework, he might be better as an affiliate of Team IM, but his health is just too low to withstand a hit or two.

This team probably would have been pretty good before Chasm.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

Kang, Deathlok and Vulture are a pretty fun combo I've been playing with recently. Generates the black for Vulture in two turns if you use 5* Kang, and Vulture's AP gen once he takes flight plus the 3 blue a turn from Deathlok rapidly builds the 27 blue needed for Kang to win by sending from everyone away. Very fast way to take down high health teams.