**** Colleen Wing (Heroes for Hire) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
edited March 2023 in Character Details

Colleen Wing (Heroes for Hire)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Heroes for Hire, Street Level, Team Iron Man

"Daughter of a Chinese Asian Studies professor and a Japanese high ranking member of The Hand, Colleen has always been between two worlds. Trained to be a sword-master since childhood, Colleen was ready to defend herself when caught up in a skirmish in New York, gaining the attention and friendship of Misty Knight. On and off again as partners, Misty and Colleen have been staunch defenders of the downtrodden as founding members of the Heroes for Hire."

Abilities listed at level 255/450
Health: 4223/15642

Calming Breath - 5 Blue AP
Colleen focuses her chi, centering herself before leaping into action. Colleen heals 2% health plus 1% health for each friendly Fortified, Strike, or Protect tile on the board (up to 33%). She then creates a 6-turn Fortified Concentration tile (up to 3) that powers up her other abilities.

(PASSIVE) For each Concentration tile on the board, Colleen's abilities cost 1 AP less (minimum of 3). While a Concentration tile exists, she can't be Stunned and does not take damage from Attack tiles.

• Level 2: Colleen heals 4% health.
  • Level 3: 2% health for each friendly Fortified, Strike, or Protect tile on the board. For each Concentration tile on the board, Colleen's abilities cost 2 AP less.
  • Level 4: Colleen heals 6% health, plus 3% health for each friendly Fortified, Strike, or Protect tile on the board.
  • Level 5: Colleen heals 15% health. For each Concentration tile on the board, Colleen's abilities cost 3 AP less.

Flashing Blade - 9 Red AP
Colleen has mastery over her blade, threading it through her opponent's defenses for a precise strike. Deals 195 damage, plus double the value of friendly Strike tiles. If there are any friendly Concentration tiles on the board, remove 1 and deal 50% additional damage. (Max level 379 damage)

(PASSIVE) Colleen's defense lies in her impeccable offense. Colleen takes less damage from matches and abilities equal to the value of all friendly Strike tiles.

• Level 2: Deals 437 damage. (Max level 849 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 696 damage. (Max level 1353 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1227 damage. (Max level 2384 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2246 damage. (Max level 4366 damage)

Heroes for Hire - 10 Yellow AP
Colleen can go it alone, but with her team, she's unstoppable. Creates 1 Fortified Strike and Protect tile with strength equal to the team's strongest match damage. Then heals the team for a burst of 93 health. If there are any friendly concentration tiles on the board, remove 1 and create an additional Fortified Strike tile. (Max level 180 health)

(PASSIVE) Colleen deals 45% bonus match damage for each Heroes for Hire on the team.

• Level 2: Colleen deals 60% bonus match damage for each Heroes for Hire on the team.
  • Level 3: Colleen deals 80% bonus match damage for each Heroes for Hire on the team.
  • Level 4: Heals the team for a burst of 707 health. Colleen deals 115% bonus match damage for each Heroes for Hire on the team. (Max level 1368 health)
  • Level 5: Heals the team for a burst of 2325 health. Colleen deals 180% bonus match damage for each Heroes for Hire on the team. (Max level 4500 health)

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Hearts of Darkness - 1/26 - 1/30
Colleen Wing (Heroes For Hire) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 1/29 - 2/2
Colleen Wing (Heroes For Hire) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Webbed Wonder - 1/30 - 2/3
Colleen Wing (Heroes For Hire) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Lord of Thunder - Thor (Modern) - 1/26 - 1/30
Colleen Wing (Heroes For Hire) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Winging It - Colleen Wing - 1/29 - 2/1
Colleen Wing (Heroes For Hire) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Colleen Wing & Friends Vault - 1/29 - 2/2
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars (Colleen, Iron Fist, Random)
7x Tokens
1x Legendary token
1x Mighty Token
2x Heroic Tokens
3x Beginner Support tokens
6x Iso-8
1x 5,000 Iso-8
2x 2,500 Iso-8
3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars
3x Luke Cage (Hero for Hire) cover
12x Random 3-Star covers
49x 2-Stars
10x Black Widow (Original) cover
39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

When does the retro feeder update go into effect? I want to champ my Psylocke, but have other characters I want to champ also.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

I'm surprised nobody got it right, not even the players in reddit.

Her red passive is crazy. Put her with Kitty/Ultron + R4G and give her some support that let her tank more damage and she will be taking 1 damage every turn. And her active red will hit like a truck.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards

She's a 4* and shares two colors with both Kitty and Ultron...it's going to be hard to get her to tank anything with them. You'd also have to get her leveled higher than Rocket because she shares two colors with him.

I imagine that's why she's allowed to have that red passive -- if she was 5* she'd be way too good.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

In that case, Wong would be good. He puts a set of ~8k strength strikes and he can go Away, letting her tank.

Alternatively, let Kitty buff those strike tiles and let CW fire her red. 10 turn of buff is ~30k. (4k + (30k * 2))* 1.5 + 30k (from strikes = 111k damage.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

Finally, at long last, Shang-Chi gets a second feeder. I’m guessing the flying part is a reference to her surname.

*Edited out my ridiculous question.

• entrailbucket

It says Psylocke will no longer feed Peggy, just Colleen and Wolfsbane.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

I'm assuming her concentration tile will also reduce her blue power?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

Reading skills are op as always.

• JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited January 2023

Do her strike power boosts stack with 4puns?

• entrailbucket

@Sekilicious said:

@entrailbucket said:

Reading skills are op as always.

In your defense, it doesn't actually say that, it just has a different color arrow, and I was confused for a minute too.

Colleen looks like a good 4* character for 4* players. She'll be good both with Polaris (excellent strike tile synergy) and against Polaris (conditional stun immunity, benefits from the enemy strike tiles Polaris makes). It would be cool if she worked well with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but both those guys are kind of bad. It'd be fun to try!

I don't see her being relevant to 5* players. If I'm going to run Kitty/Rocket, or some other strike tile team (??? -- are there any? there's very little good strike tile support at the 5* tier.) I'd much rather have a 3rd with passive damage. Colleen red might be fun, but by the time I got to 9 red it's likely all the enemies would be dead already. She won't tank anything so the reduction won't be worthwhile.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

She seems fun and an op character for the 4* tier.
    Playing with soft capped 5*s she sure will shine.
    By the way, it seems the only character with heroes for hire affiliation is misty knight.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2023

Get 2 blue cd out and her first red cost 3. Casting 2 blue costs a total of 8aps. Is dealing 111k damage worth it for all these trouble in pve? I think it's worth it.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

Looks good on paper. The Chimichanga support will help fortify tiles

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards

Good to see each 4* won't automatically feed the next 5*, and definitely good that Shang-Chi's getting a second feeder. Pretty cool.

What's with her hair? If she's half-Chinese, half-Japanese that hair color seems way too light...

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@ShionSinX said:

@Bad said:
    By the way, it seems the only character with heroes for hire affiliation is misty knight.

4★ Black Cat (Master Thief)
    4★ Misty Knight (Heroes for Hire)
    4★ Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    A bit surprising neither 4★ Luke Cage or Iron Fist are H4H...

I thought they did, but it's Defenders. Hopefully they update it soon because both of those characters create special tiles

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Then her best pair would be 4* MK as his passive creates strikes and she gets a 180% damage.
    Unless they update IF 4*.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

@JRYUART said:
    Do her strike power boosts stack with 4puns?

And/or be reduced by an opposing BSSM or Samurai Daken?

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

@Bzhai said:

@GrimSkald said:
    What's with her hair? If she's half-Chinese, half-Japanese that hair color seems way too light...

We Asians love to dye our hair blonde. She probably got hers done in some Chinatown salon.

Duh, anime hair.