Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

15678911»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    400 cp = 16 LTs + 35 LTs = 51 LTs
    51/14 = 3.62 LT per day
    Even my LT earn rate isn't that high consistently. Imagine taking a break for 2 weeks and still get all the rewards. B)

And since those rewards include top placement rewards this level of income is only even theoretically available for 0.1 or 0.2% of the population. I could probably grind for 30 hours a week and trash my sleep schedule and not get close to this level of reward (I suspect I could do top 10 or top 20 in pve with some effort, though it has been a while, but I would not bet on anything past top 50 in pvp).

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker

@IceIX
    Would it be possible to get some clarity on which impacted players are going to receive the compensation and which are not? Your previous comments in this thread stated that everyone who experienced the crashing bug would receive the compensation, however a message was posted on reddit stating that only some people who experienced the crashing bug would receive compensation - not everyone. Just confused as to the plan and hoping you could elaborate. Thank you.

• ymarvel
    ymarvel Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Thank you very much! You've really come through with the generous rewards

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@Target91402 said:
    If we had the crashing issue but have not received anything (yet) how long should we wait to submit a ticket for compensation?

I'd give it till Tuesday latest. It's a manual process, and the CS team is going over to make sure that the list got filled out and individual rewards were all given, so it may take just a little. But if you don't get it and should have, yes. CS can sort you out.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@samael64 said:
    @IceIX
    Would it be possible to get some clarity on which impacted players are going to receive the compensation and which are not? Your previous comments in this thread stated that everyone who experienced the crashing bug would receive the compensation, however a message was posted on reddit stating that only some people who experienced the crashing bug would receive compensation - not everyone. Just confused as to the plan and hoping you could elaborate. Thank you.

Should be everyone, and is not affected by you being able to find a workaround. So if you only missed half the time or whatever, you were still affected.

• ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

@IceIX said:

@samael64 said:
    @IceIX

Should be everyone, and is not affected by you being able to find a workaround. So if you only missed half the time or whatever, you were still affected.

So, just so I understand what is going on, the ONLY group getting FULL compensation packages are thise that had the Black Screen issue? Those of us that had a mostly unplayable experience due to constant crashing from retaliations will NOT be getting compensation?

Certainly, being able to load and play the game and having it crash every couple of minutes is better than being completely frozen out, but it was not a great experience.

Ultimately, it's not a big deal either way, but I would like to know what to expect.

• MoMo70
    MoMo70 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Yay,game works for me too,ty ty ;)

• ironsmudgie

@IceIX I know it was just a big holiday weekend here in the US, but are the compensation rewards still going out, or has everyone that is getting them gotten theirs.

Also, as asked above, are the only people getting full compensation those that had the 'black screen' lock out, or are those of us that could load the game, but had it CONSTANTLY crashing getting it as well?

• Psylesque
    Psylesque Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

@ironsmudgie said:
    @IceIX I know it was just a big holiday weekend here in the US, but are the compensation rewards still going out, or has everyone that is getting them gotten theirs.

Also, as asked above, are the only people getting full compensation those that had the 'black screen' lock out, or are those of us that could load the game, but had it CONSTANTLY crashing getting it as well?

I'm among those who were able to load game but suffered super frequent crashes. So sent a query to customer services about this, was told in no uncertain terms I wouldn't be getting any compensation - because I managed to play "hundreds of battles" (about 95% of which were crash-ridden but that doesn't qualify me for comps, seemingly).

Oh well.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

I opened up a ticket on my Android phone that was affected, and they said I was mistakingly not on the affected list, but they checked and I was supposed to get compensation. They said it'll take a while but I'm now on the list of recipients.

• ironsmudgie

@Waddles_Pines said:
    I opened up a ticket on my Android phone that was affected, and they said I was mistakingly not on the affected list, but they checked and I was supposed to get compensation. They said it'll take a while but I'm now on the list of recipients.

@Waddles_Pines did you have the black screen bug, or the constant crashes due to retaliations?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@ironsmudgie said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

@Waddles_Pines did you have the black screen bug, or the constant crashes due to retaliations?

Black screen. Stoopid Samsung S22

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@IceIX said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@IceIX said:

@ilikecake said:
    Feeling extremely frustrated by the length of time this is taking to sort out. I've been a daily player almost since launch, and it's so disappointing opening the app to the black screen every time.

You're not the only one. We've got several people in-house that can't play the game as well. Not to get too inside baseball on everything, but it went from "Oh, strange how we didn't see this on any test devices, should be an easy fix." to "Oh jeez. This touches everything, we need Google's help/approval on a solution."

We're pushing as hard as we can on everything, but we don't have a direct timeline. Even reverting is difficult, as there have been data patches since 266 launched that have to be rechecked on a 265.1 to make sure nothing explodes, so it's not just as easy as that.

@IceIX I'm experiencing a different situation on my Android. Every time I get hit in PvP, it boots me out of the match and restarts the app. It's very frustrating

From what we can discern, it’s an element of the same issue that’s manifesting in a different way, but the fix is the same.

Hi @IceIX
    I hope you enjoyed your relaxing holiday!
    I wanted to circle back to this as myself and several other players were also affected by this bug. We were not locked out of the game but due to being booted from PvP hits, it severely affected our game and rewards too. Are those players affected by this also receiving some form of compensation?

Personally, I would had preferred the non-playability bug than what I experienced because it was very frustrating constantly getting booted from PvE and PvP matches. We wasted healthpacks and lost our placement, and it got to the point where we didn't play as much because of the bug. Plus we've heard from those players they received compensation that was higher/better than what they normally earn.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support!