**** Abomination (Emil Blonsky) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited January 2023 in Character Details

Abomination (Emil Blonsky)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Mercenaries, Thunderbolts, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced

"Emil Blonsky was changed into the Abomination by the same processes that gave Bruce Banner his powers as The Hulk. However, Blonksy's transformation left him fully in control of his new super-powered persona, the Abomination, so named by Thunderbolt Ross. Easily able to overpower Banner unless he got truly angry, Abomination saw his new power as a way to achieve goals he could only dream of before.

Often villainous, Blonsky doesn't much care for hero work, but in being part of the Thunderbolts program, he's able to stay off various world government's capture on sight lists. Win/win as far as he's concerned."

Abilities listed at level 70/270

Return on Collateral - 8 Green AP
Abomination creates collateral damage, creating new tactical opportunities amongst the rubble. For up to 1 random basic Green tile(s), destroy the surrounding tiles. Destroyed tiles deal 65% of Abomination's base match damage to the enemy team, but do not gain AP. For each Red, Strike, Attack, or Protect tile destroyed, Abomination gains a Return Point (Up to 8).

(PASSIVE) If Abomination is Downed, at the start of his next turn, he heals 2% health for each Return Point he has, using all Return Points.

• Level 2: Up to 2 Green tiles are randomly chosen.
  • Level 3: Destroyed tiles deal 70% of match damage. Restores 3% health.
  • Level 4: Up to 3 Green tiles are randomly chosen. Restores 4% health.
  • Level 5: Up to 5 Green tiles are randomly chosen. Destroyed tiles deal 75% of match damage. Restores 6% health.

The Direct Approach - 6 Black AP
Abomination is not stealthy. He prefers bringing the fight straight to the enemy. Deals 143 damage to the target and creates a 2-turn Countdown tile that causes his match damage to also deal 80 damage to all other characters. (Max level 523/291 damage)

(PASSIVE) Abomination trusts in his strength and healing to keep going. Each time he takes more than 18% of his max health in damage at once, he gains 1 Return Point(s). Return on Collateral's Passive is also always unlocked.

• Level 2: Deal 174 damage. Deal 85 splash damage. Gain Return Points on taking more than 16% damage. (Max level 638/296 damage)
  • Level 3: Deal 239 damage. Create 3-turn Countdown tile. Gain Return Points on taking more than 13% damage. (Max level 873/296 damage)
  • Level 4: Deal 382 damage. Deal 90 splash damage. Gain Return Points on taking more than 10% damage. (Max level 1396/301 damage)
  • Level 5: Deal 572 damage. Deal 100 splash damage. Create 4-turn Countdown tile. Gain Return Points on taking more than 8% damage. (Max level 2092/311 damage)

Gamma Toxins - Purple PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Abomination exudes toxic gamma radiation, causing weakness in his enemies. Reduces enemy match damage by 10% and enemy ability damage by 6%, reducing Gamma Mutates' match damage by an additional 10%. Abomination takes advantage of this weakness, dealing 15% bonus match damage to Gamma Mutates.

• Level 2: Reduce enemy ability damage by 10%. Reduce Gamma Mutates' match damage by 15%. Increase damage to Gamma Mutates by 20%.
  • Level 3: Reduce enemy match damage by 15%. Reduce enemy ability damage by 12%. Increase damage to Gamma Mutates by 25%.
  • Level 4: Reduce enemy ability damage by 20%. Reduce Gamma Mutates' match damage by 20%. Increase damage to Gamma Mutates by 35%.
  • Level 5: Reduce enemy match damage by 20%. Reduce enemy ability damage by 30%. Reduce Gamma Mutates' match damage by 30%. Increase damage to Gamma Mutates by 50%.

Feeder Updates

Release Events

Story
Operation Spider Silk - 12/29 - 1/2
Abomination (Emil Blonsky) Covers and Shards in Progression rewards
Event Tokens in Placement rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 1/1 - 1/6
Abomination (Emil Blonsky) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Strange Sights - 1/5 - 1/8
Abomination (Emil Blonsky) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Lethal Intent (Gamora GotG) - 12/29 - 1/2
Abomination (Emil Blonsky) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Feeling Green (Abomination) - 1/1 - 1/4
Abomination (Emil Blonsky) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Abomination & Friends Vault - 1/1 - 1/6
80 Item Vault featuring Abomination (Emil Blonsky) and The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Revive meta in 4* land? :D

Return on Collateral looks like a good match damage power: up to 40 tiles can be destroyed and it deals AoE damage. Ronin creates red attack tiles passively. 3* Blade creates red strike passively. Modok and Nebula creates red attack tiles actively. His revive gives him back a maximum of 48% health return.

Direct Approach is an alternative to gain Return Points. It will be easy to trigger in pvps due to all those 5* match damage, even for 3* or 4* players. 1471 damage is not difficult. Is splash damage a new term in MPQ? I've seen this term in other games but I don't remember seeing this in MPQ. I wonder if this will trigger Electro's passive ability.

Gamma Toxin is his defensive ability: -20% match damage and -30% power damage. This ability will increase the trigger point but in pvps, it won't make much difference.

A 5/5/3 for me because I like tiles destruction ability. If I'm dealing with other Gamma Mutates, I'll shift it to 5/3/5.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

It seems a really tough guy for 4* tier and finally someone who can take down polaris.
    The 30% power decrease will negate hit monkey bonus against him.
    A character who will shine indeed.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

His clue was Never Number One and he feeds the next 5*. I guess it's a big hint to who the next 5* is? Thunderbolt Ross?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

I don't get how the clue fits

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

I also don’t understand how the next new five star is marked as retro hopefully he l be double fed by some other four star from day one along with abomination that s a good one .

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

I think we are getting five star red hulk and the presnt one may double feed hopefully☺️

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022

This guy with Collosus means you'll take like zero match damage

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@Omegased said:
    This guy with Collosus means you'll take like zero match damsgey

Since the match damage is percentage based they will most likely not stack. The game will just choose the higher of the two percentages. But, the bonus power reduction will help.

This is looking like a pretty decent character for the 4* tier. Good health for a revive character, but it looks like it won't be too easy to get the revive points. Since his green target random green basic tiles he's not as useful as I hoped he would be. Still it's a lot of board shake for very lower AP.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:

@Omegased said:
    This guy with Collosus means you'll take like zero match damsgey

Since the match damage is percentage based they will most likely not stack. The game will just choose the higher of the two percentages. But, the bonus power reduction will help.

This is looking like a pretty decent character for the 4* tier. Good health for a revive character, but it looks like it won't be too easy to get the revive points. Since his green target random green basic tiles he's not as useful as I hoped he would be. Still it's a lot of board shake for very lower AP.

Dunno about that. At 5 in Green, you destroy ~40 tiles (8 tiles x 5 random green) though in general there will be over lap and some times edge tiles etc. But even if you only average 30 tiles, based on 7 tile colors you should net 4 Red tiles for 4 revive points. Plus he can gain more from his Black passive. I suspect he won't have much trouble getting a few points which is enough for him to revive.

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:
    Couple of notes:
    New formatting for this post using more Markdown and less HTML code. The less that I need to mix the two, the less the forums complain about it. Let me know if there are any particular issues.

Eagle eyed viewers will notice that Abomination will feed the next 5-Star, but not be fed by the next 3. This is because, as with Riri, unfortunately the next 3-Star has been shelved. Doesn't mean we may not release in the future, but engineer time was very affected by our issues recently and 3-Stars are one of the easier (but not great) things to put up in favor of more important items.

3 Stars don't particularly add value to the more advanced players (a little, but not a lot,) and actually are a hindrance to people entering the 3 star tier. While I definitely think adding more to the game is fine, I also think that adding them at the same rate as 5-star characters is way too fast and will bloat the tier too big. It's a stepping stone tier at this point, has been for years.

Having the heads up weeks before it happens is wonderful, I'll add. I like to hoard for the 3 star (just a fortnight or so, so I can champ them,) and it's nice to know I don't have to.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:
    Dunno about that. At 5 in Green, you destroy ~40 tiles (8 tiles x 5 random green) though in general there will be over lap and some times edge tiles etc. But even if you only average 30 tiles, based on 7 tile colors you should net 4 Red tiles for 4 revive points. Plus he can gain more from his Black passive. I suspect he won't have much trouble getting a few points which is enough for him to revive.

KGB

Totally missed the Red thanks. So for 8 AP and a clean board you would expect 3-7 charges for the revive. Not too bad. I'm really wondering who I would want to stick him with though, but it does look like he will have some situational uses in the 5* tier.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

@Bad said:
    It seems a really tough guy for 4* tier and finally someone who can take down polaris.
    The 30% power decrease will negate hit monkey bonus against him.
    A character who will shine indeed.

Taking down Polaris is not the problem. Lots of stuff can take down Polaris quite handily, even quickly. It's just that she's so strong and efficient with almost no competition that 99% of people will run her anyway, killing all variety in 4* land.

I'm also not too happy at the thought of revive meta in 4* land considering how deeply tedious that looks to fight in 5* land lol. But luckily, he needs to actually collect points to revive and 4* land has lots of stunners that should be able to shut him down to do damage safely so there's in-built counterplay already.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

The next 5* is gonna be The Leader for sure right? Along with Omega Red and Baron Zemo he is one of the most requested classic villians.

Other gamma mutates I think of:

1. Grey Hulk
    2. Doc Samson
    3. Red Hulk
    4. Red She-Hulk
    5. Cho Hulk

Probably a few more I missed.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bzhai said:
    The next 5* is gonna be The Leader for sure right? Along with Omega Red and Baron Zemo he is one of the most requested classic villians.

1. Grey Hulk
    2. Doc Samson
    3. Red Hulk
    4. Red She-Hulk
    5. Cho Hulk

I'd never say "for sure," particularly for a character who hasn't made an appearance in the MCU, but that's a very good guess -- absolutely. They've established that they generally want good connections, I can think of one tenuous one so far (Sam to Heimdall) but we can safely say that there shouldn't be someone in the game that fits better, at least.

I was thinking a Thunderbolt was also a decent guess, considering they refer to the Thunderbolts in the character text. Songbird seems to be the most significant Thunderbolt that isn't represented in the game already, but again, for someone not in the MCU, that's never certain.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

@mani82 said:
    I also don’t understand how the next new five star is marked as retro hopefully he l be double fed by some other four star from day one along with abomination that s a good one .

I would guess this means that if you get him to 280 before the next 5* is released, you'll get a Legendary Token as the champion reward, then when the 5* is released, you'll get retroactive rewards. So you won't miss out on the cover or any shards by overleveling Abomination too soon.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards

man no free 5s with this 4 being the feeder for the next 5.. i wonder if that is going to happen from now on.. new 4 feeds new 5.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

@slidecage said:
    man no free 5s with this 4 being the feeder for the next 5.. i wonder if that is going to happen from now on.. new 4 feeds new 5.

Level him fast enough, and you'll get free 5s.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@Bzhai said:

1. Grey Hulk
    2. Doc Samson
    3. Red Hulk
    4. Red She-Hulk
    5. Cho Hulk

I'd never say "for sure," particularly for a character who hasn't made an appearance in the MCU, but that's a very good guess -- absolutely. They've established that they generally want good connections, I can think of one tenuous one so far (Sam to Heimdall) but we can safely say that there shouldn't be someone in the game that fits better, at least.

I was thinking a Thunderbolt was also a decent guess, considering they refer to the Thunderbolts in the character text. Songbird seems to be the most significant Thunderbolt that isn't represented in the game already, but again, for someone not in the MCU, that's never certain.

We have virtually none of the original Thunderbolts team in the game. Zemo/Citizen V - nope. Beetle/Mach-1 - Nada. Fixer/Techo - broken. Goliath/Atlas - small problem there. Mimi/Songbird - caged. Only Moonstone/Meteorite.

Uhm...sorry if I gave away their secret identities there...

On topic - Leader sounds like a great guess.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2022

@HoundofShadow said:
    Revive meta in 4* land? :D

Return on Collateral looks like a good match damage power: up to 40 tiles can be destroyed and it deals AoE damage. Ronin creates red attack tiles passively. 3* Blade creates red strike passively. Modok and Nebula creates red attack tiles actively. His revive gives him back a maximum of 48% health return.

Direct Approach is an alternative to gain Return Points. It will be easy to trigger in pvps due to all those 5* match damage, even for 3* or 4* players. 1471 damage is not difficult. Is splash damage a new term in MPQ? I've seen this term in other games but I don't remember seeing this in MPQ. I wonder if this will trigger Electro's passive ability.

Gamma Toxin is his defensive ability: -20% match damage and -30% power damage. This ability will increase the trigger point but in pvps, it won't make much difference.

A 5/5/3 for me because I like tiles destruction ability. If I'm dealing with other Gamma Mutates, I'll shift it to 5/3/5.

This was the 1st thing I noticed aswel nice to see them mixing it up a bit 😁 I'd like to use more 4* teams/characters but in pvp and playing scl lvl 10 in pve they don't last 5 minutes