Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards

couldnt people say same thing though trying to figure out who gets what. if someone only plays pvp and never plays pve yet they will get top 1 placement for pve just cause their phone was down>

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:
    couldnt people say same thing though trying to figure out who gets what. if someone only plays pvp and never plays pve yet they will get top 1 placement for pve just cause their phone was down>

Yes, so some of those affected will get more than they usually would. I will, because I rarely play PvP to much of a level. At the same time, I might not get the full reward of clearing every node four times, but my overall placement rewards will be better. Sure, I could probably sit there and work out a side by side comparison but I'll be pretty sure I'll be on the winning side, as most others will, and its not worth my time or effort, even if it did make a difference.

What anyone else gets that they "shouldn't have" doesn't bother me as I'm not a competitive player, and for those that are, the small additional benefit they might get will be broadly irrelevant to future placings.

TLDR: Most will be better off with compensation rewards. Thanks BC and merry compensationmas. 😃

• scootter720
    scootter720 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

@Sekilicious said:

@scootter720 said:
    Finally got back in... hooray (to the back burner 2nd account).

I was wondering if there's going to be any extra compensation for those who are VIP?

Probably not. You’re VIP should just pick up where it left off. If you lost something that is a bug and should be reported to customer service.

But, bonus rewards are given for 30 days when a purchase is made, like VIP. The break in play time from the bug did not pause this, therefore it is showing bonus rewards are inactive, even though I have 6 days left of VIP.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Dude you're getting way more rewards than you would have if you hadn't been locked out. I'd be very grateful if I were in your shoes.

• Scofie

Just had the first push of compensation through: HP, CP, Iso, ST, ET and Tacos (and Squirrel Girl, bizarrely). Has everyone else's stopped there, or is it my shonky WiFi and signal changes?

• vtell
    vtell Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Hey d3go people, thank you for the compensation, it's generous! To honor your correct act I just bought a monthly VIP. Happy Holidays!

• dazeoyore
    dazeoyore Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

@Scofie said:
    Just had the first push of compensation through: HP, CP, Iso, ST, ET and Tacos (and Squirrel Girl, bizarrely). Has everyone else's stopped there, or is it my shonky WiFi and signal changes?

Mine has been going in waves as you mentioned.

I've got 45 standard tokens
    34 elite
    About 300-400 CP
    About 3500 HP
    Couple 100k-ish iso
    Red iso

No shards or covers yet though. Strange that it would come out this way and more strange than there was no announcement explaining this to avoid confusion.

I'm assuming the rest is coming in batches as well.

• Scofie

@dazeoyore said:

@Scofie said:

Mine has been going in waves as you mentioned.

I've got 45 standard tokens
    34 elite
    About 300-400 CP
    About 3500 HP
    Couple 100k-ish iso
    Red iso

No shards or covers yet though. Strange that it would come out this way and more strange than there was no announcement explaining this to avoid confusion.

I'm assuming the rest is coming in batches as well.

Thanks - that's what I had too, so it's consistent. Assume it was too big to do in one data push?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022

Compensation rewards are being sent out! Please note that rewards have to be sent manually per item per account so it'll take a few days (potentially a week) for all items to hit inboxes.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker

@vtell said:
    Hey d3go people, thank you for the compensation, it's generous! To honor your correct act I just bought a monthly VIP. Happy Holidays!

XOXO thanks again for your patience!

• Scofie

Thanks @S0kun good to know. Thanks again for the compensation and the effort going in to sending these rewards out!

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

I'll be purchasing VIP again and then some, I was locked for little over a week but how y'all handling this is encouraging me to play rather than discourage.

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

Wow no word only thx

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

Any chance there will be any more game crippling bugs any time soon? Other than the fact that I can't actually play the game today because of all the reward splash pages opening every time go to the home page I have no complaints.

A little hard to track with all the rewards but so far I have gotten at least:
    -50 standard, mighty, and elite tokens
    -35 heroic tokens
    -35 LTs
    -400 cps
    -4k HP
    -400k iso
    -40+ 2*, 3*, and 4* covers
    -shards for the same as well as for the featured 5*s.

• ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

@IceIX

I was in the group of android users that could play, but retaliations caused my game to crash nearly every time I played. Is that group getting compensation, or just those that were not able to load the game?

• Kotep
    Kotep Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

I just want to say thank you for all of the compensation rewards! This is incredibly generous!

• Target91402
    Target91402 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

If we had the crashing issue but have not received anything (yet) how long should we wait to submit a ticket for compensation?

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

I wish I had the crashing bug!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

400 cp = 16 LTs + 35 LTs = 51 LTs
    51/14 = 3.62 LT per day
    Even my LT earn rate isn't that high consistently. Imagine taking a break for 2 weeks and still get all the rewards. B)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow, that is one bucket load of generous compensation! It has taken me a while to save up 40LT's and you guys are getting it all instantly! jealous, not jealous

Happy Holidays. :)