Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I was using Jane/Big Wheel/Sersi, and that team is pretty fun if you like cascades. Use purple to lock out purple and then chase cascades as you like.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    I only tried it once then retreated when Kraven was down, my grind isn't up for another 2 hours.
    I'll count the turns :)

So yeah, after two wipes I went back to Shang Chavez Big Wheel.
    Not reliable enough.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022

@Bowgentle said:

@Bowgentle said:
    I only tried it once then retreated when Kraven was down, my grind isn't up for another 2 hours.
    I'll count the turns :)

So yeah, after two wipes I went back to Shang Chavez Big Wheel.
    Not reliable enough.

Maybe it just doesn't fit your play style?
    I've been reliably using them. I had one game, out of several dozen, that I retreated because of a really weird board that I just couldn't do anything with.

But there's nothing saying everyone needs to use the same team.

As for reliability, I've used Okoye/Gorr/Deathlok exclusively throughout Fight For Wakanda (except for the essential pick 2s of course) and have breezed though every node.

In fact, a ten turn game feels really long with them.

Not meant to be an argument, just my experience.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

What is Deathlok doing in that trio? I don’t see it just based on power descriptions (but I haven’t played it yet).

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker

The AP gain each turn is very useful, and I don't understand how his focus points work but they are doing something in the damage mix

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

I tried running Okoye/Gorr/Hulkling for the Team Up boost. Getting two extra from Hulkling and sometimes two from the Royal Talon Fighter, I was building up damage fast. A little less consistant on the other AP generation.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

I scraped enough iso residue from the well to champ Riri and she immediately proceeded to decimate poor Torch, IM35 and coordinator in the challenge mode with help from the two Thors. Tinykitty, cascades are fun when they’re on your side. Thanks again bowgentle for suggesting it.

Importantly, would Riri and the two Thors make a good band name? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor

@Xception81 said:
    What is Deathlok doing in that trio? I don’t see it just based on power descriptions (but I haven’t played it yet).

Primarily, he is creating black and yellow AP each turn, which speeds up everything. Put "SP/DR" support on him and you usually start with yellow AP.

He's also adding to passive damage.

I'll use okoye yellow until I have 10 or so TU then use Gorrs yellow to his repeaters going. But I prefer Deathloks black over Gorrs.

And he gives you a blue outlet.

You can definitely tell a difference without him.

If you have all three (when if the 4s aren't maxed) give it a try. As long as your e getting TUs the damage is insane.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

Gargantua, Drax and Okoye. Probably not new, but since both G and Drax are boosted I gave it a try. G's countdown triggers Drax's Secret Weapon and Okoye boosts the pain. Quite fun.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

Since Ultron is boosted I decided to mess around a bit.
    Ultron Kitty and R4G made short work of most of the PvE nodes with non-movers, with massive hits coming at the end.

• Sekilicious

Unfortunately my preferred team of SC, Valk, Emma got mowed down in the challenge node by Dr. Strange (Natasha and Chavez didn’t do much). Luckily Riri, mThor and 1/2Thor were up to wiping them off the map. I am not looking forward to this node after Strange gets buffed.

• Bowgentle

@Sekilicious said:
    Unfortunately my preferred team of SC, Valk, Emma got mowed down in the challenge node by Dr. Strange (Natasha and Chavez didn’t do much). Luckily Riri, mThor and 1/2Thor were up to wiping them off the map. I am not looking forward to this node after Strange gets buffed.

He can't be more ridiculous than a level 650 AC.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2023

I’be been experimenting with other Shang-Chi teams than SC/Profe$$or X/Chavez, and I have landed on one I quite like:
    SC/Jane/Negasonic. Generally speaking unless SC needs health, you are firing Jane’s red. Fire off Negasonic’s green prior to using anyone else’s board control powers. Watch the board continue to cascade for 10s of seconds. Negasonic’s yellow is cheaper than Janes, so you can decide if you think that a minor board shuffle is going to be more valuable than waiting a turn for Jane’s yellow. Just be aware of Negasonic’s green gets shuffled, it’ll erase the CD and not just move it.

• Sekilicious

@Bowgentle said:

@Sekilicious said:

He can't be more ridiculous than a level 650 AC.

I can handle Chavez by never giving her a turn. She could be level 1000 (This is Hyperbole, please never make me face a level 1000 Chavez).

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

The clear winning team is now SC SheThor Ri5.
    You can permastun your opponents team. SheThor chunks the countdown and lets RiRi do her stuff. SC gets to get big while ignoring enemy turns.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I'm about 400 shards from a completed Riri, she is already pretty strong. I usually just avoid running partial builds though so I'll give it a whirl soon.

• Bowgentle

She's only in there for her stun, so you're good as long as she has at least one green cover.

• Sekilicious

I use her red all the time. The synergy with mThor until she gets going is pretty insane.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

Not sure why I would use Riri red over SC red if running SC/MT/Riri. I certainly may be missing something. Is Riri red faster than using SC red or is it more fun?

• Bowgentle

@LavaManLee said:
    Not sure why I would use Riri red over SC red if running SC/MT/Riri. I certainly may be missing something. Is Riri red faster than using SC red or is it more fun?

We're talking CN here, with Jane Riri Half-thor