Help us with feedback for a new feature!

2»

Comments

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker

@jtwood said:

As we all know, the coalitions atop the leaderboard are there, in no small part, because they were formed early and scored most of their points back when events provided dramatically more points than modern events. Having coalition seasons gave us the chance to see how teams are performing against each other with recent metrics.

Are you aware that we have a huge collection of data that actually shows the development of scores for at the very least the last year, if not more?

It's not guessing, it's not bragging, it simply is data, available for everyone to check.
    You are invited to join our discord and we will gladly arrange a meeting with our metahuman and database master.
    I'm sure he will sacrifice 10-15 minutes of his time to show you around.

Cheers, Nyar

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Upgrading the original Planeswalkers as a progression reward is a thing to add to color mastery, good idea @Larz70

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tezzeret said:
    What if there was an individual event aside form the weekly coalition event.... maybe something called.... "the ultimate planeswalker" ^_^

That was you advancing the ranks in this tier system

-Bronze tier levels 1-15 - losses don't move you down 1 win moves up 2 ranks( with rewards on rank up)
    -Silver tier levels 16-30 - losses don't move you down 1 win moves up 1 rank (better rewards on rank up)
    -Gold tier level 31 -50win move you up 1 loss move you down (good rewards on rank up)
    -platinum tier levels 51- 70 2 wins move you up 1 loss move down 1 (great rewards on rank up)
    -Diamond tier levels 71 - 99 2 wins to move up 1 loss moves down 2 (super rewards on rank up)
    -mythic tier level 100 and beyond 3 wins move you up 1 1 Loss moves down 2
    (Ultamate rewards - progressive multiplier based off levels above 100.

Once you reach a tier you can fall below that tier so gold can never go back to silver but you can lose and go back to level 31 but never level 30 (bronze)

Still feels a little to easy maybe a loss moves down 5 and in higher ranks a loss moves down 10 or something since losing is very rare in this game if your playing AI opponents!

otherwise this weekly event COULD pair against REAL players.... to see who really is.... THE ULTIMATE PLANESWALKER

Interesting idea

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker

@Gunmix25 said:

@AoMadness said:
    My suggestion for the future

I would love you to alow us to transfer X amount of runes a season to cracribg orbs, this allows players on lower bands to craft certain cards with X per season you put a fair restriction on someone who has 2mill crafting every cards In the game. Plus there should be a fair conversion 1k runes equivalent to 10 orbs as an example

>

I personally would like an additional benefit added to being in a coalition, that runes and orbs can be shared to either a coalition pool or directly to a specific coalition member. I think that this would be a helpful way to assist members of a coalition that are new to the game or are needing some additional resources. Especially so for VIP members whom accrue these resources at an exponential rate presently. I would love to be able to assist my coalition mates.

Although this sounds cool, and the idea is admirable, it will quickly be abused by having players create mutiple highlevel alts. Also, sharing resources creates an unwanted secondary market. You could theoretically sell your resources (runes) to other players.

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In

Only a certain number of events should be ranked. Inevitably there will be players that do not care as much for the ranking system, who would find relief in unranked events, and the enthusiasm for ranked games can be channeled into ranked events.
    Also, if all events are ranked, the system can be exploited by staying out of some events to artificially lower one's ranking.
    There are some fundamental questions here. What exactly is the benefit of high rank. Is it a benefit at all, or only a handicap.

• greenmeanie1
    greenmeanie1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

I like the idea of ranking players. The one one question I have on this is? Is it going to based off the events a player plays or total events. I don’t like some events and just don’t play them. Some players only play coalition events because their work schedule and personal life will only allow it.

Now the Tier system has needed a overhaul for a long time. I like the fact that your thinking about making each tier 3 lvls. Rewards for advancing in each tier would be nice. Something like a guarantee non dupe mythic for like the bronze thru platinum lvls . For the other two guarantee non dupe masterpiece. This would help the Free to Play players get some masterpieces that they normally wouldn’t get.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

@TIMEWARP said:

@Gunmix25 said:

@AoMadness said:
    My suggestion for the future

I would love you to alow us to transfer X amount of runes a season to cracribg orbs, this allows players on lower bands to craft certain cards with X per season you put a fair restriction on someone who has 2mill crafting every cards In the game. Plus there should be a fair conversion 1k runes equivalent to 10 orbs as an example

>

I personally would like an additional benefit added to being in a coalition, that runes and orbs can be shared to either a coalition pool or directly to a specific coalition member. I think that this would be a helpful way to assist members of a coalition that are new to the game or are needing some additional resources. Especially so for VIP members whom accrue these resources at an exponential rate presently. I would love to be able to assist my coalition mates.

Although this sounds cool, and the idea is admirable, it will quickly be abused by having players create mutiple highlevel alts. Also, sharing resources creates an unwanted secondary market. You could theoretically sell your resources (runes) to other players.

That would be so if this kind of thing was implemented outside of a coalition. If a coalition was created to send alts his runes, orbs and whatnot. Sure. Go ahead. You've played enough to know that resources like that aren't flowing like a river. You technically cannot max out other accounts with one rich one and to do so with multiples, can you imagine the actual man hours needed to play in order to do so? I can't see how that can be abused in PQ. In other apps that I've played, absolutely. But not here. The time needed for resources vs the effort in trying to cheat the system isn't realistically feasible. Especially if a set maximum amount can only be donated at a time. The only real issue I can think of is coalition poaching. Join a coalition, play the 'inexperienced sob story" have team mates give you resources and them you ghost em to find another coalition to repeat that with. I've seen stuff like that happen in other apps. Our group leaders started implementing a 1 month membership rule before giving out resources. It worked and kept players poaching resources from our coalition. Anyways i digress, keep the pools in coalition, not public.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards

I like the idea and respect the pursuit of adding new content to the game.

*However I'd request that this feature have some sort of a cool down time, simply so people who have busy lives and life obligations can compete at the same level with people who have more free time and can be playing for hours every day. Just make it fair please.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022

I love the Idea of a better matchmaking and the deck rarity Factor that Can encourage some peasant builds in ranked events.

I also love the idea of upgrading the 5 basic walkers with mastery that Larz70 brought up.

When it comes to events my overall opinion IS that every player should get the same progression rewards in events ... And only be tied by their performances in the event itself for ranked rewards ... Regardless of their spot in the ladder.
    Getting diferent progression rewards for the same job done in an event Always seemed unfair to me ... In particular when it harms casual and New players more than Anyone else (and WE dont want them to feel harmed in the first place because they are the future long Time players that will sustain the game).

However, the ladder itself should provide substantial rewards for top players at the end of the Season.

In any case, thanks for the good work devs. You've brought more and more creativity and great ideas to the game recently and it feels good!

• TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

I like the matchmaking based on ONLY two things: prioritize tier first, then planeswalker level. However, do not use Planeswalker colors or card rarity

if you consider Planeswalker colors in matchmaking, then everyone runs Ajani as he is better then most two and three color planeswalkers and they matchmake easier opponents. No variety, community uproar.

If you matchmake on card rarity, then that is a problem as well. People will just play the few busted commons and uncommons for an easier matchup and deck variety will be non existent. No variety, community uproar.

However, I think you should score extra points in the events for no mythics and/or no rares, just don't let it factor into the matchmaking so the people that wanna play mythics or rares and earn the extra points..... really earn them.

Gator Chomp

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@TBronx - why do you exclude node? On some events the restrictions like rarity will be a severe handicap. Cast no XX can also hamper you, if the colours match badly.

Secondly, in the current standard red is severely hampered by the lack of support removal, particularly against vanguards. Yes it has one of the strongest spells for support removal (non-vanguard), but nowadays you need at least 2 or 3 strong removers in order to keep up with the onslaught, which most other colours have.
    So red has a significant disability to cope with most colours expect red (in standard) meaning that red can only handle itself against red.
    If someone chooses a dual or tri-coloured PW with red then red has a chance, but mono-red do not have enough weapons to cope.

I expect that there are similar issues in other colours, but Red is the most obvious.

Sadly you have a point with PMAjani, but that problem will not be fixed with your solution. At least that is my prediction.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@oktagon - I have been coming back to this thread again and again. Each time with the intention to add my idea. Every time, I have realised that my proposal falls apart because I simply don’t know what particular problem the matchmaking is supposed to fix. I assume that the current system is flawed in a multitude of ways depending upon where in the current tier system a player is positioned.

So the goal of finding a better matchmaking system is simply too vague for me to come with any structured input.

As can be seen from the posts before mine, the proposals are all over the place. Many of them are ingenious and quite innovative, but few manages to define what the primary problem the proposal attempts to fixes. Is it a fix for standard or legacy? Or is it for players in a specific phase of their exposure to MTGPQ? Is it a fix for new or old players? Particularly, large libraries seems to thrash players with smaller libraries (at least that is what I have heard a lot about). Another problem I have encountered is that I’m forced to play with the heavy guns all the time reducing the experimentations from my side.

This lack of information can be seen in the previous posts, since they typically have focus on just one of the several conflicting dimensions, which I have tried to describe above.

What purpose is the new matchmaking primarily supposed to fix?
    If it is finding “fair” matchup, what then constitutes a fair matchup?
    Is it avoiding new players being run over by long time players with a huge library?

• JakeP82
    JakeP82 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

I like the ideas the devs are presenting overall and, if implemented right, it would definitely improve the game.
    I also like Larz' suggestion of tying color mastery and PW improvements, but I see one significant downside. I first tried this game years ago and quit out of frustration because I reached a point where I was too underpowered to get any rewards to get better PWs or cards and stand a chance. This was way back when battle for zendikar and origins were pretty much the whole game if I recall, so its been awhile. I made a new account matbe last year and the experience was significantly improved. But part of why was because I was able to level Nissa 1 up to the point where I could use her to earn rewards to get better PWs and cards. Without that, I probably would have quit in frustration again. So while I like the idea of tying some sort of PW improvements to color mastery, don't create a situation where new players dont have at least one decent PW they can level up without mastery. They need it so they don't hit a wall early on and give up.

• TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

Any news on this tiering change and release date? You have a plethora of people welcoming a change to this archaic tier process in place now that discourages people from using too many new cards early and getting to a tier they can't win at.

Thanks!
    GatorChomp

• Jonster78
    Jonster78 Posts: 55 Match Maker

How about just a button in the deck building filter function that selects just the standard sets vs all sets. That way you can build a standard deck outside of an event that is just a standard event

• e3vil
    e3vil Posts: 62 Match Maker

@Tezzeret said:
    As a thought as your mastery of a specific color goes up so does the percentage of unlocking non duplicate cards within thay color. That way players can chase and advance with the color wheel of their play style (this is a big ask... if you disregard this and just do the above I will be ultra stoked)

One thing that motivates me in this game certainly is mastering new cards and getting a non dupe booster each 10 levels.
    I hope this feature continues in this new system.

• Namelesstoon
    Namelesstoon Posts: 15 Just Dropped In

Hi all.

It's been over a month since the last post, was wondering if anyone on the dev side of things has any updates about this?

• Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In

Well, this idea seems to be forgotten...
    Hopefully with Phyrexia All Will Be One set it will be set into morion?

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

I'm excited to see if the new set address this or if it eas just hot air. I'm feeling optimistic