Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

After I woke up this morning I checked my rewards and after I opened some tokens and claimed covers I went to see who had enough shards for a cover.

Somewhere yesterday or overnight I got a few 5* Captain Marvel shards that pushed her past 500 and now she is champed.

Only three more left.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Something I've found interesting about rostering all these 1* is that in my mind, I was throwing away 1-5 yelenas a day from PVP, and even though she was the first additional 1 that I rostered, she is still only at 5/3. Venom is at 5/2, and all the others are fully covered/leveled after roughly...let's say 3 weeks? I posted about rostering my last one on 12/7, and I know I'd taken a little time prior to that. Kate Bishop hit max-champ as well across this time. I seem to have enough shards to re-roster her but I've been prioritizing new characters (both hit monkeys are on roster from shards and lucky tokens - 5* is 1/1/1 and 3* is 0/3/2) and the holiday vaults that had Okoye and Apocalypse in them just for more levels on good characters I use.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

I copied you and rostered all the 1*s after seeing your comment from Dec 7. Also figured I would have them done easily! Of those I didn't have already, Storm, Hawkeye and Venom finished, the latter just today. Spidey at 8 covers and Yelena just 3.

3* Monkey already at 4/4/2 thanks to fave shards and boosted pull %

• ThaRoadWarrior

Finally got the last cover I needed to finish 1* Venom this morning, so now all the non-limted 1s are complete.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@Punter1 said:
    I copied you and rostered all the 1*s after seeing your comment from Dec 7. Also figured I would have them done easily! Of those I didn't have already, Storm, Hawkeye and Venom finished, the latter just today. Spidey at 8 covers and Yelena just 3.

Thanks for this I didn't realise u could fave hit monkey yet.. can't normally fave new characters straight away

• Punter1

@Sp1d3r said:

@Punter1 said:

Thanks for this I didn't realise u could fave hit monkey yet.. can't normally fave new characters straight away

Yup only with the new 3*s. They are promoted and easily available. It's how my Arcade is 250 already and Hit Monkey at 172

In other news 1* Spidey finished today. Leaves lowly limited Yelena at 4 covers

• ThaRoadWarrior

They do seem to be doing a pretty good job of making the new 3s available; even without ever setting it to favorite my Arcade is at 203. Hit monkey is 0/5/2 though.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Deathlok is champed. Definitely feels weird to have this thread suddenly be about completing the 1* tier lol.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Back to basic.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

Turns out 1* and fully classics is the last leg to endgame for non hoarding players. Who knew?

• ThaRoadWarrior

Definitely - 1* characters are totally dead end roster slot fillers without champ rewards, so there is no reason to have them until you have nothing else to collect. I'm still not sure I'd have done it had they not said they were thinking about tweaking them in the Q&A.

• HoundofShadow

1* Black Widow's blue is a popular teamup to send. Time to roster five 0/5 Black Widow to give as teamups? It has fast cooldown as well. 1* Spiderman purple is also good: creates two random critical tiles for 6 ap.

• ThaRoadWarrior

my alliance really doesn't ask for teamups often, so I probably won't do that

• Punter1

I've had 3x MBW for a long time. Not had Yelena rostered for ever (or ever?) and hadn't realized how elusive she was. Will my 5* Hit Monkey be done before I pull 10x Yelena... probably not

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

I was just 8.5 covers away on my Reptil to finish Havok as my final classic 5*. With Polaris finally confirmed, Havok will be champed in 2 days time. I guess I'll switch my 4* over to MODOK or Domino to continue the feeder support.

I also started on 1* now that roster slots are cheaper. I am missing 1 Spider-man, 1 Storm, and 4 Yelena covers to finish the tier.

• ThaRoadWarrior

@entrailbucket how (if at all) have these broken circle 5* rebalances affected your 550 experience?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2022

I have once again "won" MPQ after this great shardmas haul. I closed out the 1,000 5* covers milestone to champ Arcade, who then hit the champ 75 5* characters milestone leaving me with just Riri and Hit Monkey unchamped at the 5* tier (and only dupes to champ at the 4* tier). For the time being, I'm sitting on LTs and walking my 5* shard target around to characters with <100 to gain a level as I pull from classic. Juggernaut is up to 348, getting pretty close along with my 361 4ocket to being able to single-swipe any easy node without adjusting the order of the enemies (right now if one or more of them have 4500hp or more you have to adjust the order to hit them first so the double-tap of damage will knock them out; there are a couple nodes with more than one of those, making it a 2-swipe or cascade hunt win). My 3* is currently on hit monkey, he is at 3/7/3.

Current Latest:
    Frost:456 with 231 shards
    She-Hulk: 457 with
    Arcade: 450 with 124 shards

NEW:
    Riri 3.0:1/1/1 with 1035 shards
    Hit-Monkey: 1/1/1 with 375 shards

I'm really curious when/if we'll see some love given to the milestone quests since i'm pretty end-game on those as well. All I have left are:

• 798,408/1,000,000 Matches
    • 6,152,116/10,000,000 Iso-8 to level your heroes
    • 2,082/2500 Team Ups
    • 76,065/10,000 boosts
    • 237/400 Shields in Versus (i'll likely never close this tree out)
    • 5,986/8,000 powers for 4-star heroes
    • 172/250 promote 2* heroes into a champion
    • 117/160 promote 3* heroes into a champion
    • 136/150 promote 4* horoes into a champion
    • 75/100 promote 5* heroes into a champion
  • HoundofShadow

I think I would save up those cps just in case they release 6* next year.

• ThaRoadWarrior

It's probably not a bad idea, but I guess we'll see if that happens and how flatfooted we all are for it. I really couldn't guess whether that would go over well or not with players. If we assume they get worked into the 5* trees at some level the way 5* has been worked into 4* trees under this regime, people with a broad base of decently champed 5* may be just as prepared as those with loads of CP.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@HoundofShadow said:
    I think I would save up those cps just in case they release 6* next year.

Ah your new "sky is falling" explanation for BCS being less stingy than Demi in giving out retro rewards and new 5s.
    Don't bother quoting the Q&A where they hinted at the vague possibility that 6* may eventually come. I've read that. Might be 10 years down the line. Might be never.