Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Comments

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler

I would much rather have all the Deadpool daily rewards we will miss, I really need the Iso.

You can make it up to us by having a double Iso equal for the same amount of time we cannot play.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:

@ilikecake said:
    Feeling extremely frustrated by the length of time this is taking to sort out. I've been a daily player almost since launch, and it's so disappointing opening the app to the black screen every time.

You're not the only one. We've got several people in-house that can't play the game as well. Not to get too inside baseball on everything, but it went from "Oh, strange how we didn't see this on any test devices, should be an easy fix." to "Oh jeez. This touches everything, we need Google's help/approval on a solution."

We're pushing as hard as we can on everything, but we don't have a direct timeline. Even reverting is difficult, as there have been data patches since 266 launched that have to be rechecked on a 265.1 to make sure nothing explodes, so it's not just as easy as that.

@IceIX I'm experiencing a different situation on my Android. Every time I get hit in PvP, it boots me out of the match and restarts the app. It's very frustrating

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@Punisher5784 said:

@IceIX said:

@ilikecake said:
    Feeling extremely frustrated by the length of time this is taking to sort out. I've been a daily player almost since launch, and it's so disappointing opening the app to the black screen every time.

You're not the only one. We've got several people in-house that can't play the game as well. Not to get too inside baseball on everything, but it went from "Oh, strange how we didn't see this on any test devices, should be an easy fix." to "Oh jeez. This touches everything, we need Google's help/approval on a solution."

We're pushing as hard as we can on everything, but we don't have a direct timeline. Even reverting is difficult, as there have been data patches since 266 launched that have to be rechecked on a 265.1 to make sure nothing explodes, so it's not just as easy as that.

@IceIX I'm experiencing a different situation on my Android. Every time I get hit in PvP, it boots me out of the match and restarts the app. It's very frustrating

From what we can discern, it’s an element of the same issue that’s manifesting in a different way, but the fix is the same.

• Kotep
    Kotep Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

I haven't missed a day in years either... This is 3 days now for me. Brutal. Aside from alliance rewards, what about shield resupply? I missed 25 command points. Boo

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kotep said:
    I haven't missed a day in years either... This is 3 days now for me. Brutal. Aside from alliance rewards, what about shield resupply? I missed 25 command points. Boo

It's not like your streak ends, you'll just get those shield rewards 3 days later.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't disagree, Daz. People want to vent and that's fine - it's frustrating and I understand that given the FOMO angle of the game. But these comments should be balanced with understanding and thanks for the effort going into the fix and the transparency of the comms. I'm hoping the BC team see that in the round rather than taking the comments personally.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

On a side note, a long time ago, my save didn't work and I lost all progress when I switched my phone. Raised a CS ticket and it took 3 weeks to resolve where I couldn't play at all. I didn't get any replies to queries or any compensation, so this has been really well handled from my perspective.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@DenDevil said:
    Really dislike those that feel the need to dictate how others should feel and react. I am not a regular on this forum but a casual player who has logged in daily for about 5 years now. I love the stability of that daily activity and am saddened by this prolonged issue. I am not mad, but I would have the right to be mad and express it respectfully if that were the case. I appreciate the communication about the issue and the planned compensation. I believe that the programmers are doing all they can to fix this as quickly as possible. I can still express my dismay at not being able to feed my MPQ addiction. The MPQ should understand and even value hearing that response from me and others. That is a sign of loyalty. Notice that there are not comments in this thread to leave MPQ over this issue.

Are you able to identify the comments, Dev response or posters that are preventing you from expressing your opinion? Have any of your or other posters been deleted in this thread? Just because several posters disagree (Bowgentle & I pointed out that Daily rewards are not "lost" so complaining that they are is a non-issue) doesn't stop you typing, venting or expressing disappointment. I am not trying to be snarky here BTW - possibly I missed comments on the thread that were antagonistic. We do have really good moderators here @fight4thedream and @Sekilicious who would definitely assist with any issues you might have if posters are attacking you or breaking forum rules.

• Sweets786
    Sweets786 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Appreciate the updates and the compensation. I actually had a dream last night that it started working again but alas, no luck today. Again, I notice a lot of free time on my hands without this game so I should probably take advantage of that, but definitely looking forward to getting back to playing. I was on the last Namora fight to get a legendary token when it stopped working!

• Kotep
    edited December 2022

I'm not "inventing woe" - that feels a little harsh.
    Also yes, big kudos and cakes to the devs.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kotep said:

You referred to the situation as "brutal" which seemed a bit OTT and you haven't lost the 25CP however sorry if you felt my comment was harsh.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

@Kotep said:

Now you're inventing woe about not inventing woe. 😆

• Kotep

I suppose I might've taken your comment to be harsher than it was intended... Just in the same way I used brutal - perhaps not the best term to use for something as annoying and inconvenient.

• GOKU666
    GOKU666 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

@S0kun said:
    Hi players. Wanted to let you know that we're aware of the black screen crash issue that's being reported by the community and that we have actively been working on a fix since we noticed it.

The issue has been identified and a fix is in the works. Unfortunately it isn't something that we can easily relieve without deploying a new build so this means that Android players will see a new Android only R267 build that specifically addresses this issue. Assuming this build fixes everything, the next release will be build R268 for all platforms.

We don't currently have a timeline for this fix, but are hoping things can get submitted and deployed within the next few days.

Thanks again for your patience!

Will you guys be giving all android players all the daily rewards and vip gifts(if they have it)? My login steak was at almost 7 years. This is must considering the amount of time and money I've invested.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@GOKU666 said:

@S0kun said:
    Hi players. Wanted to let you know that we're aware of the black screen crash issue that's being reported by the community and that we have actively been working on a fix since we noticed it.

The issue has been identified and a fix is in the works. Unfortunately it isn't something that we can easily relieve without deploying a new build so this means that Android players will see a new Android only R267 build that specifically addresses this issue. Assuming this build fixes everything, the next release will be build R268 for all platforms.

We don't currently have a timeline for this fix, but are hoping things can get submitted and deployed within the next few days.

Thanks again for your patience!

Will you guys be giving all android players all the daily rewards and vip gifts(if they have it)? My login steak was at almost 7 years. This is must considering the amount of time and money I've invested.

Again, your daily streak will continue.
    It does not go back to day 1 if you miss a day.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

The VIP continues uninterrupted as well. My VIP was still there after taking a break for 5 months, as was my daily log in. The only thing related that might be lost is the 30 days of bonus rewards, and there will be x fewer days depending on when this gets resolved.

• GOKU666
    GOKU666 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Thanks for information. I wish you guys the best and a speedy fix. Thank you for the quick reply too.