Game not loading on Android

St_Bernadus
St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

Thought this was already known but no post about it yet.

Android phone. Game fails to load, I get a start screen and. "Loading" at the bottom but the % count never starts. Force quit and re start app usually fixes it though sometimes takes a couple tries.

From conversation with other users they see same thing, sometimes screen stays black.

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards

I have also been having this issue for the past couple of weeks. Also using Android.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

Same. At least force quitting and restarting the app fixes it.

I have come to believe that the problem only happens when there is a data push that need to happen. As in an offer of some kind, a reward from a PvE/PvP battle etc.

KGB

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

It is an annoyingly intermittent problem. But this morning I got the black screen (force quit), then the start screen but not loading (force quit) then finally it loaded.

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

Hello folks-- we have this issue on our radar and are working on a fix. Thank you for the reports and your patience while we get this sorted!

• psychobonz
    psychobonz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

As of 12/6/2022 game will not load on my Samsung? First real issue I've had in eight years of playing this game.

• michaeljones316
    michaeljones316 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Same thing for me. Black screen, then crashes. Force stop, clear cache, restarted device, and uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards

Work around no longer works. Game will not open.

• colin
    colin Posts: 8 Just Dropped In

First time in over 9 years an update has locked me out of the game after today's update, tried all fixes nothing works

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 87 Match Maker

I can't access the game at all either, black screen followed by a forced exit. I'm not sure if this is related to the new update, but please look into this as soon as you can...

• kirkafordisrex
    kirkafordisrex Posts: 8 Just Dropped In

I can't open either. It hangs at a black screen and quits. Samsung S22 Ultra Android. Just started today Dec 6th

• Rn_reflux
    Rn_reflux Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Same after update today from Amazon app store. Samsung galaxy s22+

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker

Same issue on Galaxy S22. Galaxy S8 OK

• Trompelamort
    Trompelamort Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Just started today also. Black screen, no loader on Samsung S22 Ultra Android. Works on my Galaxy note 10

• Plissken666
    Plissken666 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

Same as above. S22 black screen then crashes. Immoral Hulk sad.

• cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler

Same on my Samsung S22. I sent in a help ticket early this morning.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards

Same, blank screen on my Samsung s22. Works on my old iPad.

• Fussballwarlord
    Fussballwarlord Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Bei beim Asus Rog 6 pro auch nur noch schwarzer Bildschirm.
    Beim Asus Rog 3 kann ich spielen,aber 2 Abstürze wenn Belohnungen bekommen habe. Bitte schaut euch das Mal an.

• TheWarDoctor
    TheWarDoctor Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

As of this morning I too am just getting a black that crashes after a few seconds.

• JohnSpartan
    JohnSpartan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Same here on s22+.

• cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler

Here is their response from Discord

Yes! We have this on our radar and are currently working on the issue. This issue regards using the android SDK 31 and seems to be affecting Samsung phone users the most. If possible stay on release 265 for the time being and we hope to be pushing an update soon to resolve the issue.