Ares' Sunder countdown not removed if he downs himself [Investigating]

JackTenrec
JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
I think I saw this issue at least twice in the latest sub on version 152 iOS.  If Ares uses Sunder and the damage it does to himself is enough to kill him, the countdown tile remains on the board.  I didn't notice if it continued to count down even after he was downed.

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the information. This particular problem is a known issue. I'll go ahead and pass along to the team that this is still occurring. 
  • Maximus7481
    Maximus7481 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I had it happen again yesterday. The timer stopped counting down and could be matched/destroyed off of the board.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    I think I saw this issue at least twice in the latest sub on version 152 iOS.  If Ares uses Sunder and the damage it does to himself is enough to kill him, the countdown tile remains on the board.  I didn't notice if it continued to count down even after he was downed.

//Edited Title -Brigby
    I've posted about this before.  It's an "order of operations" issue.  The order (as it currently stands) is:

1. Fire Sunder
    2. Damage is done to opponent
    2.1 Do a "death check" on opponent
    3. Damage is done to Ares
    3.1 Do a "death check" on Ares
    4. Place countdown token for Sunder

The reason the token stays is that the "death check" is when the board cleans up tiles owned by that character.  In this case, the "death check" has already occurred and Ares is dead, so it will never check again (unless HoboCap uses his yellow to resurrect Ares and then he dies again).

The would be to either fire the countdown tile first, before damage dealing, or to have it check and see if Ares is alive before placing it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

I just had another instance of Ares's CD tile staying on the board. Didn't notice if it was him killing himself or if it was my Dr. Strange yellow passive in retaliation that killed him.