**** Namora (Origin) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited January 2023 in Character Details

Namora (Origin)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Non-humans

"A highly skilled fighter, Namora is a precise and ruthless warrior whose skills with a harpoon and connection with the creatures of the deep make her an invaluable member of Namor's army."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 4816 Health / 17837 Health
 10 | 42 | 9 | 33 | 37 | 8 | 23 | 3.0x
 13 | 85 | 12 | 65 | 74 | 11 | 43 | 3.0x

Cut Once - 8  AP
Part of being stronger than most foes means that you can strike precisely with overwhelming force and save your power for those that deserve it. Deal 417 damage, regaining 2 AP if the target is Downed. (Max level 812 damage)

(PASSIVE) Namora's match and ability damage is increased by 2% for each Blue basic tile on the board.
  • Level 2: Deals 600 damage. (Max level 1169 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 696 damage. Regains 3 Red AP. Match and ability damage is increased by 3% for each Blue basic tile on the board. (Max level 1356 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 834 damage. Regains 4 Red AP. Match and ability damage is increased by 4% for each Blue basic tile on the board. (Max level 1624 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1068 damage. Regains 5 Red AP. Match and ability damage is increased by 6% for each Blue basic tile on the board. (Max level 2079 damage)
No Obstacles - 8  AP
Cover and defensive emplacements will bow before the might of Namora. Deals 111 damage to the enemy team, destroying 1 enemy Protect tile(s). (Max level 216 damage)

(PASSIVE) Namora's match and ability damage is increased by 3% for each enemy Protect tile destroyed (up to 5).
  • Level 2: Deals 185 damage. Up to 7 Protect tiles. (Max level 361 damage)
  • Level 3: Destroys 2 enemy Protect tiles. Match and ability damage is increased by 4%.
  • Level 4: Deals 222 damage to the enemy team, destroying 3 enemy Protect tiles. Match and ability damage is increased by 5% (up to 8). (Max level 432 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 425 damage to the enemy team, destroying 4 enemy Protect tiles. Match and ability damage is increased by 6% (up to 10). (Max level 827 damage)
Empire's Might - 6  AP
The might of the empire is not only in its direct projection of strength, but also in its ability to undermine its opponent's ability to fight. Create 3 Red, Green, or Purple Trap tiles. When one of her Trap tiles is matched, deal 213 damage, ignoring Protect tiles, steal 2 AP in the tile's color, and convert a random basic tile to Blue. (Max level 415 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 305 damage. (Max level 593 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 398 damage. (Max level 776 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 575 damage. (Max level 1121 damage)
  • Level 5: Creates 4 Red, Green, or Purple Trap tiles. Deals 694 damage. (Max level 1353 damage)

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story

Thick As Thieves - 12/1 - 12/5

Namora (Origin) Covers and Shards in Progression rewards

Event Tokens in Placement rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 12/4 - 12/9

Namora (Origin) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Unstable ISO-8 - 12/5 - 12/8

Namora (Origin) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus

Eye for an Eye - Cyclops (Uncanny) - 12/1 - 12/5

Namora (Origin) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Sea’s the Day - Namora (Origin) - 12/4 - 12/7

Namora (Origin) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers

Namora & Friends Vault - 12/4 - 12/9

80 Item Vault:

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Namora (Origin) cover

• 1x Namor (The Sub-Mariner) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x The Hulk (Indestructible) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Reading correctly there that Namora and Shuri both feed Okoye for the moment?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Reading correctly there that Namora and Shuri both feed Okoye for the moment?

Like Jean Grey was after the first feeder rebalance. Makes me think that Shuri will be moved to feed the next 5*, if the next 5* is a BP:WF tie in

• ThaRoadWarrior

I could see WF having a 5* Shuri and/or a 5* Namor come out of it, so it could be either one. Movie Namor is for sure a 5* level personality.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

There are some fun protect tile shenanigans in there. Nothing that punches up, but I'd imagine she has some 4* potential.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I could see WF having a 5* Shuri and/or a 5* Namor come out of it, so it could be either one. Movie Namor is for sure a 5* level personality.

I'd say movie namor would be a 3* and Phoenix5 Namor would be the 5*

Maybe a new BP2 version of Shuri coming soon for 4* Shuri to feed

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor

Or a shift to Killmonger, pretty please.
    My Shuri is way higher than my HydraStomper.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

That would make so much better sense skittledaddy. Good call

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022

I imagine there's quite a lot of veterans with 550 Okoye already so my question to you guys, what are you going to do with the first cover that Namora awards?

Sell it or just roster a fresh Okoye just for shakes and giggles?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I would say a Phoenix five Namor is more likely considering the other releases

• ThaRoadWarrior

@Omegased said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I would say a Phoenix five Namor is more likely considering the other releases

Yeah y’all are surely correct, but I have no history with the P5 and I just saw WF so that’s the version that came to mind.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

Probably an obvious answer, but does her Green proc BRB? If no, there's a niche use. If yes... welp.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

@IceIX

Is there an error on those damage numbers?

2K at max level at 5 covers in Red and 827 AoE damage at max level and 5 covers in Green is a joke. 3* characters hit harder. Surely those are just 1 cover numbers at max level at not 5 cover numbers.

KGB

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@KGB said:
    @IceIX

2K at max level at 5 covers in Red and 827 AoE damage at max level and 5 covers in Green is a joke. 3* characters hit harder. Surely those are just 1 cover numbers at max level at not 5 cover numbers.

KGB

Those are pre-Red passive numbers. She'll be getting a match and ability damage buff for each Blue tile on the board, as well as a stacking buff if enemy Protects are destroyed.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

@IceIX said:

@KGB said:
    @IceIX

KGB

Those are pre-Red passive numbers. She'll be getting a match and ability damage buff for each Blue tile on the board, as well as a stacking buff if enemy Protects are destroyed.

It's pretty hard to keep 10+ tiles of any color on the board for long. Assuming you could have 10 blue, AND have already destroyed 10+ enemy protect tiles, she will still not even be doing 5k damage for 8 red ap. Unless i am missing something that's pretty underwhelming. 3* IF's purple from 2014 is easier to proc l, hits harder, and is more efficient (and is a good black battery too). Seems like this power should hit quite a bit harder, especially since it's real value only kicks in with the "proc on down" component.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

Her typical maximum increment is probably 60% + 60%. One thing to note is that you need blue basic tiles, and not blue tiles.

They probably take into account additional damage dealt from her match damage? Overall, she would be doing decent damage. Her purple power can convert other colour basic tiles to blue basic tiles.

I think Eddie Brock and Medusa are good partners for her. Eddie Brock is there to feed enemy protect tiles, and Medusa is there to feed purple and green aps. Later on, Medusa can steal those protect tiles to reduce damage taken and also to heal allies. I think with this team, you can spam her purple more easily.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

Should Thick as Thieves be placement awards?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@IceIX said:

@KGB said:
    @IceIX

KGB

It's pretty hard to keep 10+ tiles of any color on the board for long. Assuming you could have 10 blue, AND have already destroyed 10+ enemy protect tiles, she will still not even be doing 5k damage for 8 red ap. Unless i am missing something that's pretty underwhelming. 3* IF's purple from 2014 is easier to proc l, hits harder, and is more efficient (and is a good black battery too). Seems like this power should hit quite a bit harder, especially since it's real value only kicks in with the "proc on down" component.

Not only that but she only gets the bonus buff from destroying (not matching) enemy protects. That means she has to fire her own Green once before she even starts getting bonus damage from destroyed protects. Plus of course the enemy team has to have protects which makes her Green very niche except when facing BRB/Polaris so she's often going to be run 5/3/5 when not facing a protect tile team.

That means most of her bonus damage is only coming from what ever basic Blue tile is on the board. Even a 50% boost (9+ Blues) is only making damage into the 3K for Red and 1200 for Green. That's VERY low.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The dev has already explained their reasons for re-creating 3* already, and it's definitely not the reason that you guessed.

Besides Venom+Medusa, does anyone else have other teams for her? Namora could be someone's first champed 4* for all we know.

3* SW to help her spam trap tiles? Her trap tiles steal 2 red/green/purple aps, which can be neat. The damage for trap tile is decent: 1.3k before power increment. I think Mysterio is also a good partner since she doesn't use blue aps and he can turn blue ap to yellow ap and turn yellow match to purple aps. On top of that, he can stun certain enemy passively. You can rotate between firing Mysterio's purple that creates blue trap tiles or fire Namora's purple that creates red/green/purple trap tiles.

5* Elektra to cover yellow trap tiles?
    C&D to turn basic tiles into black or yellow tiles, and in the process, also turns Mysterio's or Namora's trap tiles into yellow or black? I like C&D inclusion and they should be a fun trap tile team.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sekilicious said:
    The rate and quality of 4s is off topic. Let me know if you want me to split it out so you can continue this discussion.

I created a new topic here; https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87813/quality-of-4-characters/p1?new=1

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022

When I saw her numbers, I also tried to quickly see what the boosts were adding. I got this:

So, you can generally expect 9-10 tiles of a color to be on the board reasonably enough. Let's calculate with 10 to make life easy. Her red says, 6 % * tiles, so 60%.
    +60% of her red@5 is 2079 + 1247 = 3326.
    +60% of her green@5 is 827 AoE + 496 = 1323 AoE
    +60% of her purple@5 is 4x 1353 + 811 = 4x 2164.

On top of the blue tiles, if you destroy 5 protect tiles with her, that's another +4% x 5 = 20%. (Assuming green@3. )
    +60% +20% of her red@5 is 2079 + 1247 + 415 = 3741.
    +60% +20% of her green@3 is ~400 AoE + 240 + 80 = 720 AoE
    +60% +20% of her purple@5 is 4x 1353 + 811 + 270 = 4x 2434.

On top of the blue tiles, if you destroy 10 protect tiles and run green@5 (spec 5/5/3) instead, you'd get this:
    +60% +60% of her red@5 is 2079 + 1247 + 1247 = 4573.
    +60% +60% of her green@5 is 827 AoE + 496 + 496 = 1819 AoE
    +60% +60% of her purple@3 is 4x 776 + 465 = 4x 1706

Her red and green still seem quite underpowered to me tbh. You need 10 blue tiles AND 10 protect tiles destroyed and running 5/5/3 (shortchanging purple) to manage above 4k damage. You're not gonna get decent damage out of green no matter what you do.
    The only thing that seems vaguely worthwhile is purple. (Which incidentally makes her very much not compatible with Namor, who makes blue tiles with purple.) So imo you don't want to run her as anything other than purple@5 anyway, which means you're not gonna get the full boost on green.

At that point I was wondering whether maybe it's calculated a bit differently than just being a sum and to wait for Shield Training to see the reality, because I was susprised at the way low numbers I was getting.