Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s an interesting spot to be. Even with all of them champed, I’m still 2x 5* champs away from the Milestone for champing 5s. Like there are no near-term rewardable goals aside from random little challenges I set for myself.

And thats all fine and good, it’s actually kind of refreshing to not have the weight of an incomplete roster on the back of my mind, so I don’t feel quite as pressured to push past the 10cp in PVP in this current Chasm boost week that I’m really not enjoying for instance.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

It feels kind of of anticlimax after reading the feelings of champing all the 5* Classics. :D

At least, it's a guarantee you will have excess cps (champed rewards for some latest + covers from boss events, which means reduced number of pulls required) and I think it's a good time to bring back cp based support bundles with minimum R4 once they launch new supports.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I'll probably not ever have a surplus of CP; I'll probably just alternate between classic and latest like i've been doing; push my roster up pretty evenly rather than trying to force up a specific one or two to 550 all at once.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'll probably not ever have a surplus of CP; I'll probably just alternate between classic and latest like i've been doing; push my roster up pretty evenly rather than trying to force up a specific one or two to 550 all at once.

You can push the good 5s evenly to 550 in the long run.
    Not if you stop at the first CP point in PVP and draw from classics, though.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I usually take PVP to 1200, but it’s been grueling during this chasm boost week.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2022

Ok, Frost is totally covered now, but I'm like 50k short on iso to say that I have every currently available 5* champed. I could sell off one of my duplicate 4* to get it done; my 305 chavez or 281 Frost are worth enough iso...I probably won't though, that feels like a real slash-n-burn thing to just say I have everybody champed who is available at the 4 & 5 level. I moved my 3* over to Doc Ock who is 4 levels away from max champ, maybe I'll get lucky there before the new season starts and Chasm rotates out.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ok, Frost is totally covered now, but I'm like 50k short on iso to say that I have every currently available 5* champed. I could sell off one of my duplicate 4* to get it done; my 305 chavez or 281 Frost are worth enough iso...I probably won't though, that feels like a real slash-n-burn thing to just say I have everybody champed who is available at the 4 & 5 level. I moved my 3* over to Doc Ock who is 4 levels away from max champ, maybe I'll get lucky there before the new season starts and Chasm rotates out.

Why would you even consider selling the dupe... sell the maxed version if you must, for a lot more ISO.

• ThaRoadWarrior

They take forever to max out, i have less emotionally invested in the dupes lol. but that would be the smarter move for sure.

• HoundofShadow

Probably wait until after Shardmas to see if any of your max 4* will be updated to give covers.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Aside from Lockjaw all my max-champs are feeders already and got that way chasing 5*s, but that's probably a good call since we know feeders are getting moved around. But if I'm waiting that long, i'll have the iso. The only point of doing it right this second is to be able to claim the No Prize of being truly caught up and having them all champed. Arcade is rotating in with the new season that will be any minute now I'm sure, probably tomorrow.

• HoundofShadow

Are you still pulling LTs? i suppose you'll wait until all three champed are rotated out. If not, Emma and She-Hulk levels would be pretty high by the time they rotate out, I guess. The next time you can claim that No Prize would be in early or mid Jan. By then, you can also claim your milestone reward for champing 5*.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

50K ISO is only 1 or 2 days full playing these days. Should be easy to get your no-prize without any hoop jumping.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Aside from Lockjaw all my max-champs are feeders…

Lockjaw feeds Kamala Khan.

• ThaRoadWarrior

That's a new development, Lockjaw was my first organic max champ due strictly RNG, and at the time had no feeder. I kind of forgot he'd just been updated.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I got Emma paid up to 450, I just need about 15,500 to complete the champ tax. I threw a few pulls into Classic and got an Onslaught and a green Black Suit for my trouble. I’m sitting on LTs now, and just walking my 5* favorite around to characters that just need a few random shards to push over a level until Arcade rotates in.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Got my last 1* rostered today, so I now have everybody on roster. That answer in the Q&A about them getting 3rd powers and champ rewards at some point are what put me on the track of rostering them all.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

I was looking back at my roster from a year ago, roughly when I started pulling from Latest instead of hording. In December '21, I had eight 5* Champions. Today I have 25 with two more waiting on ISO. I've been able to keep up over the last year, except for Gargantos. Mostly because of the information from this thread. Thanks @ThaRoadWarrior for showing that it could be done.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Pushing them up evenly does mean you'll get to 550 eventually! I hit my 8th (!!!) 550 this week and a bunch more are getting close. Still only spending cp on classics...obviously this giant pile of feeders helps a whole lot.

Glad your strategy is still working well, and it seems like you've inspired a few others to occasionally hit up those worthless classic tokens!

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

Lately I have been opening 500 cp in Classics for every 1000 cp I earn. So I’m at 2599 cp right now, when I get to 3000 I will spend 500 on Classics.

I’m still not chasing the 4 classics I don’t have champed but Captain Marvel and Gambit need one cover and Rescue and Havok need two covers. It won’t be long until they get champed.

With these batches of retro feeder rewards I have many 5*s in the 460s now. Okoye is still my highest at 477. It will be a long road to any 550s but I’m having fun.

• ThaRoadWarrior

The retro feeders and the feeders at launch have really helped a ton for me also. My best is still Profe$$or X who is now at 474.