What's New MPQ - November 2022 (Updated 11/14/22)

13»

Comments

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler

@IceIX said:

11/17 - 11/21 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards, Black Widow (Infinity War), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    Progression Rewards: Chasm Shards, Valkyrie, Luke Cage (HfH), Storm (Classic)

11/20 - 11/25 Venom Bomb NEW
    Placement Rewards: Emma Frost (P5) Shards, Doop, Iron Man (Model 40), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards, Black Widow (Infinity War), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)

Events details shows Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) as the Placement reward in Strange Sights
    and Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) in progression rewards in Venom Bomb.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@axmoss said:

@IceIX said:

11/17 - 11/21 Strange Sights NEW
    Placement Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards, Black Widow (Infinity War), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    Progression Rewards: Chasm Shards, Valkyrie, Luke Cage (HfH), Storm (Classic)

11/20 - 11/25 Venom Bomb NEW
    Placement Rewards: Emma Frost (P5) Shards, Doop, Iron Man (Model 40), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: She-Hulk (Immortal) Shards, Black Widow (Infinity War), Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)

Events details shows Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) as the Placement reward in Strange Sights
    and Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) in progression rewards in Venom Bomb.

Riri's pvp is different as well. In game event shows riri shards for placement, but it says ihulk here.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:
    His cp cost on the offers page was cut down from 500 to 250(still a terrible use of resources imo). Isn't that change early too?

500 is questionable but 250 is a deal. If you are working based on LL pulls it is equivalent to 10 pulls for the specific cover you want. You step around rng and save time.
    Any time a 5* I’m interested in champing is available for 250 cp I jump on it.

The change is early, but I think this has to do with Kamala being pushed back about 2 weeks. So we are seeing a lot of different progression issues right now.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    His cp cost on the offers page was cut down from 500 to 250(still a terrible use of resources imo). Isn't that change early too?

500 is questionable but 250 is a deal. If you are working based on LL pulls it is equivalent to 10 pulls for the specific cover you want. You step around rng and save time.

The change is early, but I think this has to do with Kamala being pushed back about 2 weeks. So we are seeing a lot of different progression issues right now.

I truly wish I had taken the option to purchase this cover for the 250CP as I just need one cover + the shards I already have to champ him. Of course instead RNG has screwed me over and I have gone 0 for 35 pulls in Latest instead (I also need just one She Hulk cover) and there is an excellent chance I may end up missing out. Just shows that sometimes pulling isn't the best option vs buying.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

You also lose nine 4* covers and the potential rewards those would bring.

This is not a good deal unless it happens to be the one color cover you still need to get it champed

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@killahKlown said:

@dianetics said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

This is not a good deal unless it happens to be the one color cover you still need to get it champed

Or you hit a lil hot streak and pull down three or four 5*s, who knows?

If it's the final cover needed to champ a character I agree with you guys as well as daz, but would add a caveat that it depends on the individual players situation in regards to what roster goals they have.

For me currently, I need to be as judicious as possible with cp, so I would go the slower route of shardgeting. It's nice having a few options to get it done.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor

@WilliamK1983 said:

@killahKlown said:

@dianetics said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Or you hit a lil hot streak and pull down three or four 5*s, who knows?

If it's the final cover needed to champ a character I agree with you guys as well as daz, but would add a caveat that it depends on the individual players situation in regards to what roster goals they have.

For me currently, I need to be as judicious as possible with cp, so I would go the slower route of shardgeting. It's nice having a few options to get it done.

Lol... Wait, is a multiple 5* hot streak a thing that happens?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

@killahKlown said:

9 random 4* covers is not a big deal to me, there are over 130 4's and getting a 4 you are targeting is basically a 1/13 shot. The general roster progression you get for a 4* is pretty low if you are a 5* player.

But, if you are in the 10-12 cover range for a classic legend and it is a cover you need 250 cp is a good deal. Or if it is a classic you really want to start building it can be the only way to realistically get covers for that character.
    Right now, I have Onslaught targeted and he has 8 covers. If he showed up for 250 cp I would buy it instantly. It's a time and resource save.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

Since I am nearing the endgame of fully-covering all the 5s, I get the HFH offer for every Classic 5* that I don't have finished. Doesn't matter if it's their 13th cover or their 4th.
    I don't even think twice about it anymore. In fact, I plan it months in advance.
    I only wish I could get more than one, as I have ample resources to do so.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

There doesn’t seem to be any details about the Boss event.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

The boss event is Ultron and the teaser is they reworked it is my impression. We will see I guess.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Hmm...I wonder if Ultron's bombs can get xplodeyed by Mighty Thor's passive? Are they considered special tiles? If that was the case I could seem them having to revamp.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

If not, the cascades she causes will likely help Ultrons Bombs drop faster.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

She may not target them like she doesn't chasm tiles but she does still destroy them. So use Jane Riri and Storm to flood the board with charged tiles.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Might thor probably the worst person you can bring against ultron. Cascade those bombs all the way to the bottom

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

A request for these updates. Can you mark which pvp events are in season and which are not. Season is ending Saturday so is Punisher pvp in season or not? New season marked as Wednesday, so is the 2nd pvp of the week in season or not?

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022

@St_Bernadus said:
    A request for these updates. Can you mark which pvp events are in season and which are not. Season is ending Saturday so is Punisher pvp in season or not? New season marked as Wednesday, so is the 2nd pvp of the week in season or not?

A dev on Reddit said the Punisher PVP is not part of the season. This will make it hard for me to reach 10000 points.