Marvel Puzzle Quest R265 Release Notes (11/21/22)

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker

“Hybrid adoption….”

• Ultron is back with an upgraded vengeance! Gather your alliance to take down this technological tyrant!
  • THWIP! Spider-Man (Classic) swings his way into the arena!
  • Puzzle Ops Returns! Jump in for new challenges starting 11/24!
  • Check out our store for some super-powered Black Friday discounts!

Thank you for playing!

MPQ 265

Tagged:

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

The two biggest issues in the game right now are the Facebook login issue and the Android endless loading screen. I understand the FB thing is with the FB folks now but the Android loading is apparently not being addressed by this update. So when will we still some resolution?

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler

@S0kun said:
    Hybrid adoption….”

• Ultron is back with an upgraded vengeance! Gather your alliance to take down this technological tyrant!

This sounds like 5*Vision(WandaVision) and power revisions to Ultron and Ultron Prime.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

@St_Bernadus said:
    The two biggest issues in the game right now are the Facebook login issue and the Android endless loading screen. I understand the FB thing is with the FB folks now but the Android loading is apparently not being addressed by this update. So when will we still some resolution?

I'm an android user. I haven't' had a problem with an endless loading screen but since about a month ago I have a problem where the game loads up but sometimes won't let me press anything or do anything. Some times I have to close and re-open the game 3 or 4 times in a row before it will let me interact with anything.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

@TriSentinel said:

@S0kun said:
    Hybrid adoption….”

This sounds like 5*Vision(WandaVision) and power revisions to Ultron and Ultron Prime.

It’s a 4* up next, and the contest thread has a picture of the character.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

@BriMan2222 said:

@St_Bernadus said:

I'm an android user. I haven't' had a problem with an endless loading screen but since about a month ago I have a problem where the game loads up but sometimes won't let me press anything or do anything. Some times I have to close and re-open the game 3 or 4 times in a row before it will let me interact with anything.

This is also a common Android issue ever since the R264 release.
    it freezes on the home screen if the Google Games/Play pop-up doesn't launch when MPQ does.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker

@St_Bernadus said:

FB is now resolved as of an hour ago, but this loading screen issue is new to me. Can you provide more context?

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker

I have found the best way to work around the app not loading (on Android) is to go into the app info and clear the cache. Once I do this the app loads properly. If I don't do this I could sit on the load screen all day without actually getting into the game (no I haven't actually tried waiting all day to see if this statement is factual but I have waited several minutes just to see if it would eventually load).

• RayElwood
    RayElwood Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

I'm having a similar issue over the last couple of weeks in Android. The game gets stuck on the loading screen and crashed about half of the time. It seems to be related to the Google Play Games Launcher or whatever that is. I noticed that when the ribbon with my Google Play Games name appears at the top of the screen when i start the game, the game loads normally. When that ribbon does not appear, the loading stalls and the game crashes.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

Yeah I'm also getting the same problem on android, app crashes and quits or infinite loading screen.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

Yeah I can quit the app and try again and eventually it works. But I don't have it on my phone so I can watch the load screen.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm having the same issues. If it not appears the "welcome" Google play label, I quit it for saving all the time appearing characters but not loading anything.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

If the Android thing is such a big issue why aren't there any reports in the bugs forum yet? 🤔

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks for the update, but can you not start 3 events at the same time please? Thanksgiving is not a holiday for over 7 billion people and I would like to be able to fully support my alliance in a Boss event, while hitting my personal goals in the normal event.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@Alfje17 said:
    Thanks for the update, but can you not start 3 events at the same time please? Thanksgiving is not a holiday for over 7 billion people and I would like to be able to fully support my alliance in a Boss event, while hitting my personal goals in the normal event.

Thanksgiving isn't much of a holiday if you're making the meal either, haha.