I won Puzzle Quest!

liminal_lad
liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

After finally fully covering Age of Apocalypse Magneto, I have finally champed all but the three latest 5 stars. I know this isn't the most exciting post, but this feels like an accomplishment! I do sort of wonder if I should have focused more on Meta characters, but with the rebalances this could end up working out.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I just did the same last week champing Black Suit. Feels pretty weird tbh.

• liminal_lad

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Right? I expected to feel happy/excited, but it almost felt sort of empty.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Imo yeah, you should have focused more on meta characters.
    Because those really hard to champ old classic characters will be excellent bench warmers from now on.

• ThaRoadWarrior

It’s not outside the realm of possibility that I could straight up win and finish Emma and She-Hulk before Arcade rotates in. I just need one more of each plus 51 she hulk shards.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2022

I’ve had max whale points for a good long time; the others not so much lol. I’ve tried the “just show up and win” one, by using Main Event/Rocket/Thano5, but main event doesn’t do damage on grand entrance unless you luck into a cascade so it’s super RNG dependent.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I missed the max-champ bagman one, but i'm on my 4th cycle of Bagman by now.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve had max whale points for a good long time; the others not so much lol. I’ve tried the “just show up and win” one, by using Main Event/Rocket/Thano5, but main event doesn’t do damage on grand entrance unless you luck into a cascade so it’s super RNG dependent.

It's easy if you have the Stormbringer support on 5* Thor. I do trivial nodes with him and Thanos, if the tile conversion causes a match, it can down the first enemy, then Thanos finishes the rest.

• Bad

@Punter1 said:

This is a Gacha game... the intent is to champ 'em all that's why they keep releasing new ones bi-weekly and keep you on the treadmill. As someone with all but Samurai done, I'm enjoying the weekly boost meta which provides the variety that keeps me interested. Sure there's still plenty of characters that sit on the bench, but each week I give a fresh 2 or 3 a whirl in PVE/PVP.

I think you are quite right on this topic.
    Sure you listened to a wise man's words!
    However to champ characters when they are in LL, and even to get them at level 460ish, sure it's helpful. It can change the amount of time that a character can be warming the bench.
    While to dedicate years for to get a 450 level classic character who is not available anymore, and even a few who don't have status or competitive powers (expecting a rebalance which only will happen when they could be exactly at the bottom of the list of the less used), that's not the optimal way to spend the resources earned on a gacha game who releases characters weekly for to continue champ em all them for keeping you on the treadmil.
    Although it could happen that I could be wrong.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm just happy i was able to fully cover Ms.Marvel, Dr.Thor, Chasm, Emma and She-hulk and get them all to 450+

I also very close to finishing Black Bolt (11/13) and Old Man Logan ( 12/13 (250 Shards))

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

@liminal_lad said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Empty like Chasm...?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 142 Tile Toppler

@Punter1 said:
    Yeah but have you:

• Finished first in Deadpool Daily on a new crash day?
    • Collected 999,999 Deadpool points?
    • Had 210 AP collected in a match?
    • Won a match on turn 0? (ie without making match)
    • Max champed Bagman?
    • Looked smug sitting in 1st after over-clearing a 48H sub in 24H?

And any other fun mini-challenges you can think of worthy of a no-prize in this game!

@Bad said:
    Imo yeah, you should have focused more on meta characters.
    Because those really hard to champ old classic characters will be excellent bench warmers from now on.

This is a Gacha game... the intent is to champ 'em all that's why they keep releasing new ones bi-weekly and keep you on the treadmill. As someone with all but Samurai done, I'm enjoying the weekly boost meta which provides the variety that keeps me interested. Sure there's still plenty of characters that sit on the bench, but each week I give a fresh 2 or 3 a whirl in PVE/PVP.

Last bullet was great, bravo sir

• liminal_lad

Third cycle bagman!> @Yepyep said:

@liminal_lad said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Empty like Chasm...?

Empty like a 451 baby Chasm. Maybe the void would be less if he were more 550. ;)

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Add me to the "finished" MPQ list today. Shardsgiving allowed me to finish Sam Daken which was my last outstanding older 5*. Now all champed except Arcade & Riri.

Also leaves me feeling a bit unsure about what to do next!

I'm on day 3,206 and have always had something to chase in my MPQ journey (this is a Gacha game right!). Having "retired" a couple of times over the years I always had some sort of target. Whether that was 2s and 3s when I first started. Then rostering all 4s, chasing ISO and entering 5 land after my first break, which involved a lot of tracking as all resources were tight. Came back last time thanks to Covid and had missed a chunk of 5"s from my break so was a long journey to get those classics finished. Sped up recently thanks to the new dev generosity.

I have no desire to chase a 550 - that seems too far away (Kitty @ 492 is my highest). I'm also content with my T50ish PVP/PVE performance. Never had a desire to totally schedule my life around the grind/clear schedule so I play PVE and PVP when suits me and do just fine. I do still enjoy the game, but a chunk of that enjoyment comes from the gacha-catch-em-all, now I've done that.

So now what??

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

550's only need 1800 LL pulls (lol)!!! I read an estimate that new 4* players can save 300 pulls in 3 months, so with all 5s you it should only take a year and a bit. Plus, when you finally pull, you get to contact customer service and trade the extra past 550 for any 5* you want. Another goal is to pull from classics only until you can cover every new 5* release. This will also eventually get you 550 characters, probably on Day 6000.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I think we are probably pretty close to staying current by pulling classics only as long as new release 5*s keep getting feeders at release.

• Bad

@Punter1 said:

So now what??

Now you continue doing pves daily, pvps each 2 days, saving cps and then pulling characters when you want.
    Inside a gacha game.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I just won for real; champed the last of the three latest 5* so I’m now totally caught up on the characters in regular token pools for at least a day until the new season starts.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

You don’t win until every 5* character is at 550, including dupes.