5926/5926

57yellow/51red/44blue/9 purple/10green/11black/ 3.0X crit/ 3 enviro

Lvl 3 yellow does 198 protect trength
    Lvl 4 yellow does 242 protect strength

lvl 4 red does 2282 damage
    lvl 5 red does 2877 damage

lvl 4 blue puts out 191 blue protect
    lvl 5 blue puts out a 244 blue protect

Once we have the next event with Lazt Cap covers I'll move him to 3/5/5 lvl141 but here is where he's at right now.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this all correct?

[anchor=captainamerica3]Captain America (Steve Rogers)[/anchor]
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) - Gold character Discussion link
    At Max Level: HP: 7250 Tile damage: 67/60/52/10/11/12
      Sentinel of Liberty - Yellow 19 AP
      Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank. Transforms 3 chosen basic tiles into Yellow Protect tiles, each with a strength of 24.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2 – Increases Protect Strength to 31. Level 3 – Increases Protect Strength to 38. Level 4 – Increases Protect Strength to 47. Level 5 – Transform 4 tiles.
      Max Level: Protect Strength ????
        Star Spangled Avenger - Red 11 AP
        The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 95 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2 – 209 damage. Returns 9 Red AP. Level 3 – 323 damage. Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. Level 4 – 437 damage. Returns 10 Red AP. Level 5 – 551 damage. Can target any tile.
        Max Level: ??? damage
          Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
          Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2 – Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP. Level 3 - Can target strike. protect, attack, and web tiles. Protect strength increased to 27. Level 4 - Returns 10 Blue AP. Protect strength increased to 37. Level 5 - Can target any tile. Protect strength increased to 48.
          Max Level: ??? protect
        • Phantron wrote:
          I don't see how the red can do more than about 1000 damage and still be balanced. All you need is two successful reds to beat basically any red ability in the game, and it's just not that hard to deposit in a corner, and it can still remove any tile in the game too.

Come on Phantron.... do you ever go anywhere without bringing the nerf bat with you? I'd love to see his red at max. I remember Heroic juggs spending 15 min in a fight as u red slapped goons for less than 500 damage at a time. Now Cap can be useful outside of pve. Frankly I prefer D3p going the power creep method.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Okay here are Lazy Caps stats at 3/4/4 lvl 115

5926/5926

57yellow/51red/44blue/9 purple/10green/11black/ 3.0X crit/ 3 enviro

Lvl 3 yellow does 198 protect trength
          Lvl 4 yellow does 242 protect strength

lvl 4 red does 2282 damage
          lvl 5 red does 2877 damage

lvl 4 blue puts out 191 blue protect
          lvl 5 blue puts out a 244 blue protect

Once we have the next event with Lazt Cap covers I'll move him to 3/5/5 lvl141 but here is where he's at right now.

Thanks for the information! Looks like what we have now is adamantium slash ad nauseum, which is pretty exciting.
        • Max level blue protect is 291 (IceIX leaked this a while back).

Interpolating from Colognoisseur's data, max red will be around 3450 and max yellow around 280.
        • Colognoisseur
          Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
          Is this all correct?

[anchor=captainamerica3]Captain America (Steve Rogers)[/anchor]
          3 Star Rarity (Rare) - Gold character Discussion link
          At Max Level: HP: 7250 Tile damage: 67/60/52/10/11/12
            Sentinel of Liberty - Yellow 19 AP
            Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank. Transforms 3 chosen basic tiles into Yellow Protect tiles, each with a strength of 24.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2 – Increases Protect Strength to 31. Level 3 – Increases Protect Strength to 38. Level 4 – Increases Protect Strength to 47. Level 5 – Transform 4 tiles.
            Max Level: Protect Strength ????
              Star Spangled Avenger - Red 11 AP
              The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 95 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2 – 209 damage. Returns 9 Red AP. Level 3 – 323 damage. Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. Level 4 – 437 damage. Returns 10 Red AP. Level 5 – 551 damage. Can target any tile.
              Max Level: ??? damage
                Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
                Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2 – Converts to a strength 17 Protect tile when activated. Returns 9 Blue AP. Level 3 - Can target strike. protect, attack, and web tiles. Protect strength increased to 27. Level 4 - Returns 10 Blue AP. Protect strength increased to 37. Level 5 - Can target any tile. Protect strength increased to 48.
                Max Level: ??? protect

The only thing I'm not sure of is lvl 5 yellow as I won't go above lvl 3.
                Everything else is what I go off my screen as I leveled.
              • Phantron wrote:
                I don't see how the red can do more than about 1000 damage and still be balanced. All you need is two successful reds to beat basically any red ability in the game, and it's just not that hard to deposit in a corner, and it can still remove any tile in the game too.

Welp, the daily Phantron complaint is here early it seems.
              • Phantron's endless campaigning is always eyerolling.

Anyways, if you just think of Cap's red as 'slow rolling' AOE attack, it's not overpowered at all. It's susceptible to termination/stun and takes quite a few rounds to fully deliver.
              • Phantron wrote:

Gold Cap: All you need is 3 turns to beat basically any red ability in game.

If your going to make arguments like that...

Gold Thor Red: All you need is good placement on your yellows to beat basically any red ability in the game.
                Patch: All you need is color control to beat basically any red ability in game.
                Mags: All you need is cascades to beat basically any red ability in game.
                Punisher: All you need is 230 event npcs to beat basically any red ability in game.
                DareDevil: All you need is an idiot opponent to beat basically any red ability in game.
              • Frailezim
                Frailezim Posts: 68
                Likely builds gents?

I'd imagine a 3/5/5 is the way to go?
              • Frailezim wrote:
                Likely builds gents?

Someone has to go lv4 yellow FOR SCIENCE! (after all until then we are only assuming....Maybe Ice will show up and let us know...)
              • Colognoisseur
                Frailezim wrote:
                Likely builds gents?

That's what I'm on my way towards, yellow is still too expensive.
              • For some odd comparison notes:

Matching up by tile damage as some sort of vague equivalent (ie both Caps doing same tile damage at their respective levels)

2* Cap at Level 55, 3/5/5, doing respectively 88, 400, (2 turn stun)

Cap 3* at Level 60, 2/3/3, doing respectively 95, 996, (2 turn stun) + 82

Yeah, I like what I see. THIS is more like Captain America who has taken down the Hulk, Thor, and giant space robots.

WAH-HOOO, baby - WAH-HOOO!
              • poomermon
                poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
                I was thinking the new cap might be as useless as the last one but that red damage is actually very impressive. I'm actually sad now that I did not get top 50 finish in the simulator.
              • It's a shame there is so much tile damage overlap, I really would like to try an IM40/Lazy Cap/Hood combo. I think your looking at a lot of variability in the types of abilities you can use.
              • nihilium
                nihilium Posts: 242
                First of all I have to say its impressive how half of theppl scream nerf and the other half screams bag... There is no good it seems lol

As for the Captain... I have to say I like him. I always liked the idea behind his skills and with the new dmg and protect strength he seems fun to play.
              • NorthernPolarity
                NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                Phantron wrote:

I'm pretty sure this was exactly what the devs thought when they designed 2* Cap's red, and you can see how that turned out.
              • Ok, people, this captain worth the ISO. (Though he would be way more fun with yellow getting a limited AP discount for every protect tile the team controls).

I wonder when we can obtain more covers -- or the "gold" will mean only supply from tokens and direct buy? That would be pretty sad really.
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Agreed, this Cap pretty much addresses the issues of the 2* version, except yellow, but now we actually have a decent damaging red on him, and the extra strength tile bonus of blue, helps offset the huge cost of the yellow, so while he is essential your standard 2 good abilties, 1 not so good, I'm happy with this guy and his color combo works well plus, while there is an overabundane at red, at least if properly placed, you can hide your red from AP theft, wait for the return and then unleash, IMO this guy is going to go perfect with Gold Thor and once he gets going, new Cap will be nice in those PvE's with all those dang CD tiles
              • Colognoisseur
                Just took him for a spin in the PvP for three matches against three opponents with 3Xlvl141 teams. Teamed him with Thor and BP. There are no Cap tiles on the board when all three are active which allows him to hide and accumulate red and blue. In all three matches once I got the train running I cut down the other team pretty efficiently including one with both Hulk and IM40 and had them both under dual shield perma stun by the end and just fired Thor's green and yellow with a bit of Panther Rage.
                After using him I will wait patiently to win the last two covers to take him to 3/5/5 and lvl141 used appropriately he can be the solution if Spidey's stun get's nerfed.
                If you can find me in matchmaking take a shot and see how the AI plays him. I'm guessing poorly because it should prioritize Thor's red over Cap's red.