Options
Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor

Any resolution to this yet?

Comments

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

No but we are actively working on fixing this!

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@S0kun said:

Will this have an effect on progress made in the game since last successful login? Thanks

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m also getting this error. In fb settings it shows that mpq is active (for being synced). Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Still getting this error. Seems to me this should be fairly high priority to get fixed. Is there a workaround?

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You guys really should think about some account system for the game on your side. In the last month, I’ve seen a lot of games with Facebook saves getting problems, they just don’t seem to care pretty much. Not so meta I guess…

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun said:

Any update would be appreciated.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

While this issue is new, it has been several months that it tells me that I have no Facebook friends playing, which isn't the case since my wife plays in my alliance as well. Is there a known fix for this since it's also nice to get those occasional rewards?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is anybody even monitoring this thread or issue? Could we get an update please? Thanks!

• SonofGallifrey
    SonofGallifrey Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Is anybody even monitoring this thread or issue? Could we get an update please? Thanks!

I'm wondering that myself... And will those of us who have lost time through no fault of our own receive compensation for what we've missed.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

@SonofGallifrey said:

@LavaManLee said:

I'm wondering that myself... And will those of us who have lost time through no fault of our own receive compensation for what we've missed.

While I can understand that some people are pretty upset, this is an issue in which the devs can only hope for the goodwill of Facebook

I’ve seen broken Facebook saves in a lot of games lately and in actually a few cases, it seems that Facebook didn’t care much

Also, CS can restore your account from their logs, but you need some receipt from in app purchases to proof your ownership of the account

Still @S0kun any news on the issue?
    And are there any plans to implement a new save system besides FB?

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:

While I can understand that some people are pretty upset, this is an issue in which the devs can only hope for the goodwill of Facebook

I’ve seen broken Facebook saves in a lot of games lately and in actually a few cases, it seems that Facebook didn’t care much

Also, CS can restore your account from their logs, but you need some receipt from in app purchases to proof your ownership of the account

Still @S0kun any news on the issue?
    And are there any plans to implement a new save system besides FB?

I learned the lesson to never trust facebook game links a long time ago, was locked out of a card collecting game (that I had spent a fair chunk on) for over half a year because FB didn't care to work with the game devs to fix the broken save functionality.

• SonofGallifrey
    SonofGallifrey Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

If it comes to it... what if your purchase history doesn't allow you to see back far enough to the last time you made an in app purchase because I don't spend money on this game. I've had an easier time accessing credit card accounts and other much more serious things than games over the years. I'd hate to lose 9 years of progress because I couldn't tell them the last time I spent 1.99 on some HP... EA practically made me bend over and cough to get back into The Simpsons: Tapped Out. I had to describe my Springfield from memory to get them to believe me. Don't punish the players because Facebook won't cooperate.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hi all,

We are still actively working with Facebook on implementing this fix. Unfortunately, it's on FB's end so we're in a bit of a waiting game to resolve the issue. As soon as it gets fix, I'll message here.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can you still play on multiple devices? I've been playing on my iPad and am scared to play on my phone (Android), cause I don't know what'll happen :/

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:
    Can you still play on multiple devices? I've been playing on my iPad and am scared to play on my phone (Android), cause I don't know what'll happen :/

I'm playing across three devices with no issues despite the FB login issue.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

I'm playing across three devices with no issues despite the FB login issue.

Thanks. So, does anyone know what exactly fb login does then?