Marvel Puzzle Quest R264 Release Notes (11/07/22)

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    And why is 3* Cap in there? :o

Vibranium shield? He eats Wakanda brand Jungle Flakes (with added Heart Shaped Herb)? He lost a bet with Bucky?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Vibranium shield? He eats Wakanda brand Jungle Flakes (with added Heart Shaped Herb)? He lost a bet with Bucky?

At one point, I'd hypothesized that the MCU super-soldier serum was Dr. Erskine's attempt to duplicate the heart-shaped herb.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

@Godzillafan67 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Who's your better suggestion from the 3* tier to represent Wakanda?

We do have a 3* black panther.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker

@BriMan2222 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

3* BP is already in the list. Who's your #2?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022

@Godzillafan67 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Why do we need a number 2? at least 1 character in each tier from 3star and up seems like enough for me. Remove cap and there's still plenty of characters to use.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Could be Daredevil. Remember when 3* BP was "Black Panther (Man Without Fear)" in game? He had taken over looking after Hell's Kitchen.

• Godzillafan67

@BriMan2222 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Why do we need a number 2? at least 1 character in each tier from 3star and up seems like enough for me. Remove cap and there's still plenty of characters to use.

Given character-bloat, I'd actually like to see three to four characters per tier.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

If vibranium is the reason for 3* Captain America's inclusion, I'm curious if all the other CAs in MPQ use vibranium shield as well.

3 to 4 per tier is a lot for a themed vault. Given that covers are dropping like rainwater, do we really need so many of them? :|

This selection of characters make sense for me, with the exception of the exclusion of Okoye. If we are going to add in whatever links other characters in comics have with Black Panther, it's probably going to hit 20 easily, I guess. The dev might as well remove the required character and make it any character.

• DAZ0273
    edited November 2022

@HoundofShadow said:
    If vibranium is the reason for 3* Captain America's inclusion, I'm curious if all the other CAs in MPQ use vibranium shield as well.

3 to 4 per tier is a lot for a themed vault. Given that covers are dropping like rainwater, do we really need so many of them? :|

This selection of characters make sense for me, with the exception of the exclusion of Okoye. If we are going to add in whatever links other characters in comics have with Black Panther, it's probably going to hit 20 easily, I guess. The dev might as well remove the required character and make it any character.

2* Cap yes, 3* Cap yes, 4* Cap yes, 5* Cap FA yes, 5* Cap IW yes (but not his traditional one).

Edit: Also Captain America (Sam Wilson) yes. Bucky has vibranium arm.

• Godzillafan67

@HoundofShadow said:

Depends on how restrictive you want your themed vault to be. Part of the reason for the cover deluge is to increase the roster slot pressure.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

2* Cap yes, 3* Cap yes, 4* Cap yes, 5* Cap FA yes, 5* Cap IW yes (but not his traditional one).

3* Cap no. That's a Zero Point Energy shield

• DAZ0273

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@HoundofShadow said:

3* Cap no. That's a Zero Point Energy shield

Ah yes. So it is. Well in that case I have no idea why 3* Cap! Bingo buddy?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

It seems BP2 has the complete set of political trends, plus as a bonus the spanish black legend.
    Not a chance I will go to see that, it's awful that Disney is obsessed on teaching how to think.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

@Bad said:
    It seems BP2 has the complete set of political trends, plus as a bonus the spanish black legend.
    Not a chance I will go to see that, it's awful that Disney is obsessed on teaching how to think.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:

You can only get one per day, not one with each character, so it's just giving options to let as many players as possible from across the roster spectrum have ways to earn the token.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 335 Mover and Shaker

@Bzhai said:

@S0kun said:
    Looks like the dates in our notes were wrong and should be 11/10 - 11/17 instead.

Tokens will be for a Black Panther specific vault so the covers you'll need to use are any one of these:
    5* Black Panther MCU
    4* Black Panther King
    4* Shuri
    4* Namor
    3* Black Panther
    3* Captain America

@S0kun any reason why Okoye was left out of this list?

:| No. We'll be adding her to the list. Thank you for flagging it with us and apologies for the mix up!

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler

@S0kun any reason as to why we're not getting updates? PvE, PvP, buffed list, etc.