*** Magneto (Classic) ***

Comments

• adamLmpq wrote:
    I think most people will tell you NOT to sell that purple. It's easily his most powerful attack.

I'm working towards 4/5/4 myself. I think that 5th point in the purple power isn't going to see as much use due to the fact that it's uncommon for there to be more than 9 red AND 9 blue on the board at any given time. And even though the red ability doesn't do a lot of damage on its own, at 2AP you can trigger it to your heart's content and cause plenty of cascades with it.

The Blue ability is super versatile.
    Need some defense? No problem.
    Need to get rid of an enemy strike/protect/countdown tile? No problem.
    Need to create a critical tile for some bonus damage? No problem!

Here's the perfect stun lock strategy. The strategy denies needed tiles, denies turns, and steals AP.

The lineup includes
    C.Magneto
    The Hood
    C.Spider Man

It takes a bit of practice and a bit of discipline. Idea is to drain AP from the opponent, keep blue and red tiles on the board. I know that spider man needs blue for web, but that's where magnetic projectile comes in. Use magnetic projectile to destroy tiles on the board. if you lose some tiles you want to keep it's okay. They will eventually come down. I usually get 8-10 red and blue tile pairs by the time I'm ready to use magnetic translocation. I can usually use it twice
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Mags is fast moving up my list of characters. I run a 5/3/3 now. Hoping to get those other pink covers. His blue ability when used correctly will give you a critical tile and five blues back to you allowing another move. I expect to see a lot more people using this character in the future. His pink ability is also very effective and is a nail in many Ragnarok coffins.
  • I think you are thinking of Magneto (Marvel Now)

Magneto Classic places blue protect tiles.
  • Kiamodo
    Classic does the same. 1 less tile but it's cheaper to activate.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Magneto (Classic)
    Magnetic Field - Blue 9 AP
    Magneto summons an electromagnetic shield, turning 2 chosen tiles into Blue Protect tiles, each with a strength of 9.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

You use 7 Blue AP to make 2 Blue Protect Tiles
    Edit: My Magneto is at level 3 and does this. Level 5 is 5 blue AP to make 2 blue protect tiles
    Magneto (Marvel Now)
    Polarity Shift - Purple 11 AP
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: +1 tile affected (total 4).
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: +1 tile affected (total 5).

You use 9 Purple AP to make 5 Basic Blue Tiles
  • Kiamodo
    Ahh I'm looking at a level 5 at 5 AP only. Well at least he has a good amount of HP:)
  • Some how I've managed to acquire a bunch of blue covers for Classic Magneto, but no red.

He's currently sitting at 4 Blue, 1 Purple and I'm wondering whether I've made a mistake already. I was originally planning to max out Red and Blue, but the more I look at the purple power, the better it's looking.

Can anyone who's got a high level Magneto comment on which powers work best at higher levels?
  • I have no experience with him (just 3 red covers) but I'd suggest checking his thread in the character forum.
  • I would personally go with maxing red and purple, but blue is good as well. I could definitely see him covering your team from a bunch of damage if you could keep spamming his protect tiles since they wont cost much at rank 5.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Max bis red and blue, he basically becomes self sustaining similar to ragnarok after a few matches.

The major drawback of his purple ability is that his purple match damage is strangely very low,
  • Go with blue and purple in my opinion.

Blue is great a level 5! It can target any tile, so you can often dominate the board...

Instructions:
    1) Obtain 5 blue tiles
    2) Look for places on the board that are potentials for blue tile critical (5-in-a-row, (+)shape, (L)shape or (T)shape), just missing 1 or 2 tiles
    3) Use C.Magneto's blue ability to get the critical (i.e. place the 2-tiles as needed to fill in the blanks)
    4) Repeat (you just obtained the 5 blue back, and got an extra turn... icon_e_biggrin.gif ). NOTE: you can often use the critical tile generated in setting up the next 5+ match...
    (5) Reap a bunch of AP & damage from critical tile generation and cascades all the while... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I would go 3/5/5, but 4 blue does give you protect tiles immediately if you boost, that could be useful.

/silver lining
  • Perhaps you could take a look at this thread located in the "Character Discussion" subforum.
  • brisashi wrote:
    Max bis red and blue, he basically becomes self sustaining similar to ragnarok after a few matches.

The major drawback of his purple ability is that his purple match damage is strangely very low,

Hmm, is there any advantage to that? Could Spidey tank for him for instance (I'm not sure how their health compares) or something along those lines.
  • If you look at his max stats his purple is easily the most powerful damage spell in game that can one shot everyone. So I would definitely max purple. I personally think about 4 4 5 but if you want him to pair with another red character 5 3 5
  • Oops, that's what I get for posting before my coffee kicks in!

Thanks to all for the very helpful advice, including telling me where to find the other thread, and moving the thread to the right section. You all could have (deservedly) flamed me for posting in the wrong place and failing to RTM, instead you helped me - I love it here!

After reading the advice and doing some thinking, I think I'll go for max blue and purple and make the best of it. If I want to spam damage with Red tiles I can use Ragnarok, and I love being able to add blue tiles to the board.

Now all I have to do is win some more covers, including the elusive red one! I always seem to miss the Magneto tournament when it's on.
  • While purple is really strong, you need at least 10 blue and 10 red tiles to be on board for lvl5 to take effect. And if you're matching those tiles less, then the reduced AP cost of red/blue abilties would be handy.

Leaving reds on the board is also risky play given the fact that you'll let the enemy acquire reds with greater chance. Rags can then clap to possibly convert red/blue tiles to green.
  • Kiamodo
    MrMeer wrote:
    Go with blue and purple in my opinion.

Blue is great a level 5! It can target any tile, so you can often dominate the board...

Instructions:
    1) Obtain 5 blue tiles
    2) Look for places on the board that are potentials for blue tile critical (5-in-a-row, (+)shape, (L)shape or (T)shape), just missing 1 or 2 tiles
    3) Use C.Magneto's blue ability to get the critical (i.e. place the 2-tiles as needed to fill in the blanks)
    4) Repeat (you just obtained the 5 blue back, and got an extra turn... icon_e_biggrin.gif ). NOTE: you can often use the critical tile generated in setting up the next 5+ match...
    (5) Reap a bunch of AP & damage from critical tile generation and cascades all the while... icon_e_biggrin.gif

This is the best advice. Leave the red to Rag.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    MrMeer wrote:
    Go with blue and purple in my opinion.

Instructions:
    1) Obtain 5 blue tiles

This is the best advice. Leave the red to Rag.

Agreed
  • So my Magneto is now 5/1/4 and I'm not sure if I should go 5/4/4 or 5/3/5.

How often do people get more than 9 swaps on the purple? On the other hand, the only time I use red is by accident. 3ap for red would make it useable with 1 match.