Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

Now that I have DrThor champed, I have found running her, 5Clops, and 5Colossus together is fun. Dr. Thor obviously starts smashing destroying tiles and generating AP, which 5Clops uses his yellow to boost match damage, which already gets 5Colossus hitting harder, then Dr. Thor causes more cascades which just vaporize teams pretty quick. Not Meta by any means, but fun to run with.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022

@dokiy said:
    Now that I have DrThor champed, I have found running her, 5Clops, and 5Colossus together is fun. Dr. Thor obviously starts smashing destroying tiles and generating AP, which 5Clops uses his yellow to boost match damage, which already gets 5Colossus hitting harder, then Dr. Thor causes more cascades which just vaporize teams pretty quick. Not Meta by any means, but fun to run with.

I've been using the same team except I haven't been using cyclops yellow, Jane's yellow hits way too hard to not use it over cyclops yellow. I've just been using cyclops as a green outlet to create more red and stun.

Then I decided I liked sersei better as the third using her green to create red or black and her purple to reduce purple tiles.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

I finally found a use for Danver5.

Polaris/Danver5/Jane works pretty well it turns out. Try to arrange them so Polaris drops her strike before Danver5 drops the repeater or else she won’t do it and you’ll need to create strikes actively. Use Jane’s yellow unless you need to heal with Danver5. I like a 3/5/5 captain marvel for this since you'll be using Jane's red every time you have enough, and that heal, even though it's weak and burst, can sometimes save your bacon. Several times I've had enough yellow banked up to throw the whole team airborne.

Incidentally I also tried replacing Polaris with Old Man Logan so that every fired power creates red strikes, and it worked, but I have a suspicion Polaris will be more effective against most.

In PVE with boosted Jane it slaps pretty hard. In Simulator I was able to beat a Chasm/She-Hulk/Emma team with it, but then I wiped to a Chasm/Jane/Colossus team. I did bring +2 on all 3 color stacks.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Polaris/Danver5/Jane works pretty well it turns out.

I can second this. I ran through three matches in season sim before I needed a health pack, and two of those were against near-meta teams. (The third including Bill, and the vast amount of protect tiles certainly helped the health pools.)

I went in to these matches thinking that Danver5' only real purpose was generating yellow off of destroyed strike tiles (and, of course, that is the main draw). I figured that Jane would eliminate the repeater, keeping Danver5 from doing anything else. But all the cascading was reliably generating green, even when I wasn't chasing it, and her reworked green power works well to trigger Polaris cascades.

The only real issue -- and this is a common Jane/Polaris issue -- is a match going on so long that there are no basic tiles for Jane to turn into charged tiles. But you're probably winning shortly after that, anyway.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022

Been playing around with Deathlok and Arcade 3* looking for the best synthetic/technologist teams. M.O.D.O.K. with a 5/3/5 build is great. 3 blue and red every turn, plus more flowing in from Arcade traps, makes it really fast and easy to save up multiple casts of both M.O.D.O.K.'s blue and red powers, so you can drop the blues, each after the first lowering the cd of all before, and then repeatedly cast red, so you get the blue cd tiles going off on the same turn, and you hit the end of the red power chain near immediately. The last one is a super strong hit for 6 ap and ridiculously spammable with the AP generation in the team. Riri is also pretty great, spamming her blue and red is pretty insane. Shuri's not bad, everything is fortified all the time so you're dropping your casts at reduced cost in addition to generating tons of ap for them. A.C. has potential, generating even more ap and tossing out damage from his passives. Hulkbuster punches regularly and hard. 4* Doc Oc shines better than I've seen him do in any other team, and makes them into a strong anti-special tile team. Vulture can add even more AP flood and aoe damage. War Machine would be great if you could have more than one red tile at a time, might work better with A.C. swapped in for Arcade. Lotta solid options. Pretty fun to play as well.

Unsurprisingly though, the strongest use of Deathlok I found is to pair him with Shang-Chi. You can use Arcade there as well, though I prefer Riri, so you can use her blue to generate even more red. 2 red and purple each turn lets you reach winfinite really quickly, and even if you somehow have to end a turn it's even more unlikely you'll ever be in danger of losing your river of blows stacks. Incredibly fun team.

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker

Deathlok, Vulture, and Riri. Deathlok generates 3 black and blue AP per turn which keeps Vulture permanently airborne while Riri has lots of AP to do use her abilities.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

This thread was way to far down the list. It isn’t a new team (new to me though) but Chasm, mThor, MEHulk is great if you love chaos and hate planning 1 move in advance. Have a Match-5 planned? LOL!!! Have a bad board? That’s ok! You get a new one every turn. Have enough abyss tiles to revive Chasm? Not anymore!!! Tired of Chasm eating your ap? Have a cascade or two! So much craziness it has to be insane…

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Trying out the newly (albeit only slightly) revamped 5* Iron Man has given me a chance to get some use from a couple of new additions - Deathlok and 5* Riri (1/2/3 in my case) - technologists for Deathlok's AP generation and a Team Iron Man partner to boost IMs red.

It's okay - too much overlap on colours, and you really want two Team Iron Man allies, but it has given me more use out of Iron Man than I thought would ever happen, so it just about counts as 'fun' for that.

• afradvid
    afradvid Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2022

Don't underestimate his red either, with a bit of planning, it hits far harder than even Hulkbuster. get-vidmate.com instasave.onl

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Where's 5* Arcade fun team? :o

• Sekilicious
    edited December 2022

@Sekilicious said:
    This thread was way to far down the list. It isn’t a new team (new to me though) but Chasm, mThor, MEHulk is great if you love chaos and hate planning 1 move in advance. Have a Match-5 planned? LOL!!! Have a bad board? That’s ok! You get a new one every turn. Have enough abyss tiles to revive Chasm? Not anymore!!! Tired of Chasm eating your ap? Have a cascade or two! So much craziness it has to be insane…

So I ran boosted SC (3/5/5 as intended) with MEH and Thor and fired MEH’s purple (where he makes numerous critical tiles) deleting numerous opponents from a wave node today. It was crazy awesome.

• Sekilicious

@HoundofShadow said:

I kind of wish his Control Room trap was a repeater so it could be fortified. I had success with Apocalypse and Kamala Khan with him though Arcade did little other than provide traps to be matched for boosted damage goodness. Okoye also boosts his damage though he might accidentally tank over her.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:

I ran Arcade/Emm5/Sinister in Thick as Thieves and the damage output can get really crazy! Arcade pretty much guarantees that Sinister’s Behold trap tiles will proc at maximum strength. I expected to rely on the Behold trap tiles as the primary damage outlet, but Arcade’s Happy Birthday! repeater tiles usually wiped out everyone before I could match any Behold tiles.

Arcade/Emm5/Half-Thor
    Lots of shenanigans with this team and there’s rainbow coverage with AOE outlets in 3 colors. Unlike Jane, who renders Arcade useless, Half-Thor clears basic tiles, leaving Arcade’s trap tiles in place and frequently grouped together. Unboosted and paired with Emma, my Arcade (Lvl 468) does just about 10k of damage per trap tile. Boosted, I think it was over 20k. That incremental damage paired with Arcade’s Happy Birthday repeater tile shreds the opposing team! His Murderworld power is also a straight up a nuke once you’ve got a few trap tiles in the same color.

I also tried Arcade/Emm5 with JJ and Electra with varying degrees of success, but found Riri to be their next best partner by furthering the incremental damage with her repeater tiles and adding a cheap stun to allow for trap tiles to further propagate the board.

I’m hoping (praying) that Arcade’s Happy Birthday will be a great counter to Chasm/iHulk. At only 7AP and being his third color, you should be able to fire it every match. I’m waiting until Arcade is in the 500’s (or boosted) before taking him for a spin in PVP, but he needs Emm5 (or some damage enhancer) to truly be viable.

I also tried him with

• HoundofShadow

There's pros and cons of being a repeater. First of all, it can be targeted by powers. They are pretty common nowadays. Power that targets trap tiles are rare. 5* Dr Strange could do that but I believe most players' build is 5/3/5. You need to run him at X/5/X to remove trap tiles. Yes, trap tiles can be replaced by special tiles. However, it's still subjected to RNG unless it's placed in a specific colour.

Trap tiles can be fortified as well, if I'm not wrong. If you aren't healthpack-sensitive, you can fire his black power to create Doombot repeater. You get AoE passively once per turn if there's at least one Doombot repeater on the board, and the repeater also deals single target damage every turn. So, you have two sources of damage from one Doombot repeater every turn passively. His trap also creates 2 trwo tiles every turn. You can also fire his blue to deal single target damage or crazy AoE.

I'm looking forward to more idea because I can only champ him in January 2023.

• Sekilicious
    edited December 2022

Though powers may not target all powers overwrite trap tiles, annoyingly so. One the worst things about Apoc/Arcade/KK is that Maggia Thugs were overwriting traps with 3-turn countdowns that did 30k damage. Vibranium Ore and other supports target repeaters with fortify, so if mThor shows up in PvE there is an existing. No one actually targets traps

• HoundofShadow

Against that team specifically, you can try using Poison Cloud. The 3-turn cd AoE damage is determined at the time of firing. If you remove 5 black/purple trap tiles, you are looking at ~114k AoE at level 569 at 5 cover. Emma & 1/2 Thor, as shared by IrisRyu , looks crazy fun with Arcade. Emma will boost his AoE further by at least 70%, and I'm sure it will hit 100% easily with Thor feeding red. Your AoE would then hit 228k easily. Emma could also help by destroying 3 enemy special tiles but her purple doesn't reduce goons' power levels for some reasons. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

• Sekilicious

Yeah Emma should be fully covered if not champed next time Arcade rolls around, and I rarely use my 5/1/1 half-Thor. That team looks like it could be fun as well.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:
    Trap tiles can be fortified as well, if I'm not wrong.

I hope you’re right, Hound! I could see Odin fitting in nicely here with both Arcade and Emm5 generating fortified countdown/repeater tiles. Being able to double dip on Arcade’s trap tile damage could get very nasty! +Odin’s health bursts can help offset the self damage from the Doombot repeater. I’m labbing it!

I also tried Arcade/Emm5 with Kamala for the additional damage boosts on trap tile matches. It’s the most use I’ve found for KK outside of Jane/Polaris. Faint praise.

• HoundofShadow

The good thing about Emma is that she gives you 50% + 2% per red ap boost even at one cover.

As for fortifiying trap tiles, it's still subjected to RNG though. I don't remember anyone who can fortify trap tiles specifically. Heimdall can't fortify trap tiles. Shuri could do so indirectly via RNG.

I heard other high levelled use KK/Apocalypse/BRB during. Does KK's passive damage also trigger on friendly trap tiles?