iceQ

Options
2»

Comments

• my guess is that he got bored, remember you still have to hold the level up button. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Jeremychen wrote:
    my guess is that he got bored, remember you still have to hold the level up button. icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh, that makes me so sad. I just assumed that PC users could run a trainer or click a few buttons on some cheat program.

Maybe that is why they never implemented a one-click leveling mechanism.
  • It's kinda depressing. The more I look the more "cheat" alliances I find. Here is another one (albeit, not 100% certain like the last one. "Gilgamesh." 3 diff names are basically the same name, so I assume its the same person. Very low lvls and then boom, 3 lvl 141. Not odd enough on its own though. Then I look at one of the other iterations of the same name and its a bunch of 141 and looks like the type of team nemek would have. Odd as I've never seen the name before, but again, not enough on its own. Then I look and see that not only does he have a 13 cover lazy thor...he has a second one not at max lvl but at max covers. I mean, I could think up reasons this was possible, he could have bought a ton of thor guanantee packs for some reason and gotten pretty lucky, etc. Its all just not likely. It's never 16/16 teams like this either, always 20/20 with one or two commanders (of course both of the commanders are the diff. Name iterations).

The real issue is what can the devs do after the fact. It's not fair to the non-cheating members to get dropped out of an order, but its also not fair for the order to exist..at all. Plus, when do you ban the order? If you don't do it before the end of the current event then other orders can get screwed. If you do it before the end though everyone in that order, many just normal pubs, get screwed over almost completely...and that causes outrage and is bad for business if it happens enough (something that will happen until something is done about it). You can't move orders into a sandbox without either creating a medium between sandboxers and normal mode via the normal players on.the team or unfairly sandboxing a lot of ppl.

I mean, this order could just be odd...but its only an example of what might become an epidemic..because maxing an order to 20 is expensive. Each new 20/20 order drops every non-20/20 order one spot almost. So the effect of a single cheater is far greater, regardless.of sandbox, now than ever before. Before they started quickening thier sandboxing speed, the PvP cheaters were getting pretty bad. I don't see an easy solution to this problem but it might see the same spread. Only.thing I can think of, and of course this won't happen, but would be to reimburse past order purchases and make all orders out of 20.

Edit: also, this is the first rwt situation this game has ever had. $10 and I will create a 20 member order for you and your friends...or something to that extent. :/
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    If the alliances were simply divided by the number of their members so that 20 man alliances no longer got the best rewards by virtue of being big, there would be no point in cheating to get expanded, since the cheaters would still have to compete with genuine 20-man competitive alliances. I lucked out since a lot of people joined our originally small alliance but I can't find a single good reason for the small alliances (heck, single players too) to be punished so. They should be fighting against the alliances of the same size if that's what matters, or against unaligned players.
    You make people join alliances, they will abuse your broken system all they want. In the end punishing your precious revenue makers/common innocent folks.
  • I wonder why he picked ares, spidey and hulk. Part of me wants to know what a lvl 500 bagman would be like...oh wait....

Good screen shot and find. I hope the admins are on it or at least investigating.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder why he picked ares, spidey and hulk. Part of me wants to know what a lvl 500 bagman would be like...oh wait....

Good screen shot and find. I hope the admins are on it or at least investigating.

Lvl 500 bagman turns all ally cd tiles into enemy tiles
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder why he picked ares, spidey and hulk. Part of me wants to know what a lvl 500 bagman would be like...oh wait....

Lvl 500 bagman turns all ally cd tiles into enemy tiles
    And makes them go off immediately.