Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chasm + Gritty vs Mindless Ones is crazy fun goodness. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Since the rebalance, I've started running 4* Emma/4* Elektra/Polaris. 
    Normally, I'm reluctant to include Polaris in these teams because everything performs great when paired with Polaris. But... well, Polaris isn't actually here to run away with the game, just to spam strike tiles. I discovered Emma/Elektra are good strike tile support if you give them a fast strike tile spamer with an active blue or green. And there's no faster, better strike tile spamer than Polaris, who conveniently also comes with an active strike-tile-themed blue. And Elektra has an actual specific Polaris-starter in purple, an interaction she doesn't have with other strike tile spamers. (Which is why Polaris is pretty much Elektra's favourite partner in general...) So, those three end up supporting each other too well for me to be able to really switch Polaris for someone else. Anyway.
    * Step 1 is to make strike tiles fast. There's 4 ways to get Polaris started making strike tiles: Elektra's purple, Polaris' own blue, Emma's yellow (the initially slowest, but leads directly into step 2. So I like to beeline to yellow when possible) or with board luck, Polaris' random initial strike tile.
    * Step 2 is to start getting the secondary effects into place: Emma's yellow into black and Elektra's red.
    The end result is: Polaris multiplies the strike tiles as she does, Emma helps her doing that and boosts the strike tiles, plus tanks hits for the team, and Elektra double-dips on the strike tiles every turn with her red while leeching AP from the opponent team.
  • Sekilicious
    I tried Silk, Chasm, and mThor in the simulator and it is pretty fun with all the exploding tiles and occasionally cascades into being a low to fire a power. Against Shang-Chi you want mThor behind Chasm and ahead of Silk to avoid Chasms death causing a cascade that kills off Silk.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    I found a good trio against the Chasm/Ihulks (nickname Abyss team) in simulators. 
    Moonknight + Jane Thor + Shang Chi.
    ”Typical” strategy of killing Abyss teams remain:- Kill Ihulk a few times so that he tank all colours, then kill chasm (so that his abyss tiles are consumed) OR use an AOE/multi hit to kill them in 1 turn. 

Jane Thor & SC need no explanation as they can make a lot of matches in a single turn. But I found that Moonknight really make this trio tick in hunting down the Abyss team. He is immune to stun, so you can take ur first turn. When he matches blue, red on the first turn, he remains in front. Chasm will only remove his strongest colour (black and green), which means that JT and SC colours are safe. When SC tanks most of the colours, chasm will not reduce green and black, which allows MK to fire his abilities. If you can fire his black, you can one shot Ihulk who just revived, and you will heal back. SC can also heal with his red, so you have 2 characters that can heal back the damage. 
    thus far, I have good success with this team, with 100% success against Abyss. 
  • Sekilicious
    I tried Silk, Chasm, and mThor in the simulator and it is pretty fun with all the exploding tiles and occasionally cascades into being a low to fire a power. Against Shang-Chi you want mThor behind Chasm and ahead of Silk to avoid Chasms death causing a cascade that kills off Silk.
    I used this team to kill the Kraven, Sabertooth, and C4rnage in the challenge node of Fight4Wakanda. I still lost once the fourth time around but this is the first time beating that node without Shang-Chi + Valkyrie + insane luck
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    I found a good trio against the Chasm/Ihulks (nickname Abyss team) in simulators. 
    Moonknight + Jane Thor + Shang Chi.
    ”Typical” strategy of killing Abyss teams remain:- Kill Ihulk a few times so that he tank all colours, then kill chasm (so that his abyss tiles are consumed) OR use an AOE/multi hit to kill them in 1 turn. 

Jane Thor & SC need no explanation as they can make a lot of matches in a single turn. But I found that Moonknight really make this trio tick in hunting down the Abyss team. He is immune to stun, so you can take ur first turn. When he matches blue, red on the first turn, he remains in front. Chasm will only remove his strongest colour (black and green), which means that JT and SC colours are safe. When SC tanks most of the colours, chasm will not reduce green and black, which allows MK to fire his abilities. If you can fire his black, you can one shot Ihulk who just revived, and you will heal back. SC can also heal with his red, so you have 2 characters that can heal back the damage. 
    thus far, I have good success with this team, with 100% success against Abyss. 
    What do you proc Moonknight at? Is yours the highest level on that team?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    What do you proc Moonknight at? Is yours the highest level on that team?
    I kept MK in the Centre. He’s 456, SC is 456 and JT is 452. 
    A few tips while running this team:-
    1) I go in with all ap boosts + r/y boost and b/p boosts. 
    2) First turn, chasm stuns everyone except MK. So MK tanks every colour. I try to match blue or red, because that’s the off colour for MK and chasm cannot reduce red and blue. You only need 7 blue (JT) or 7 red (SC red).
    3) Second turn, you can fire SC red to match 4/5 or JT blue to get more charge tiles. 
    4) When SC starts tanking all colours, you can match green and black without worrying it gets reduced by chasm. That gives MK to use his black to target the lowest health char (usually IHulk) and heal back. 
    5) Try to keep SC combo going while creating more cascades. This is a rainbow team, so every ap is useful. 
    6) If you kill chasm and he revives, you have One More Chance to kill him, since MK ensures you can use his ability. Save enough green or black to do so. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    In FFW, I was using boosted OML/Boosted C4rol/Gargantos on the 5e nodes. Chase yellow, use command decision on one of Gargantos’ CDs which creates a pair of strikes that immediately buff. Then just keep doing that.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Daredevil and MThor are having a lot of fun together.
    once you get DD's green countdown tile out, if MThors charged tile board shake up will destroy that tile then you get the damage of it being cleared away by "other means" BUT it also generates a new countdown tile. I had opponent stunned and a lot of AP to fire MThors powers consecutively for just an absolute ton of damage. Yes there is RNG at play, but if you MThor a lot you'll be used to having half the board covered in charged tiles
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Maybe run Danver5 as a third to generate yellow whenever those friendly strikes also get destroyed?
  • AlexR
    edited October 2022
    Thanks to double iso, I finally champed Flaptain. For how bad a reputation he has (when I started, he was known as the worst 4* in the game), he really doesn't play too badly tbh. Or maybe I'm still traumatised from pre-buff Emma, idk.
    I revisited an old gimmick team from literally years ago in the thread:
    AlexR said:
    (...)
    3/5/5 Ghost + Coulson + SWitch.
    Switch feeds Ghost purple to go invisible quickly (and once Ghost is content, feeds it to Coulson for 5-matches). Coulson is there to tick down either of their cds
    (...)
    Similar principle, but Flaptain instead of Coulson is a lot better! Who'd have thought, right? Coulson on paper looks great, because he adds more actives and flexibility. But centering on Ghost is all you need if ticking down cds is fast and reliable, which Flaptain can make happen. Because the difference is, Coulson has to work up to ticking down cds and you have to keep supplying him with TU AP. Flaptain can do it right out of the box with any blue match, any time. It's still absolutely a gimmick, but a fun one. 

Anyway, for non-gimmick teams, the main team I've started running for Flaptain is a Magik/Vulture shell.
    Magik + 5/3/5 4* Sam Wilson + Vulture
    Vulture is a very spam-y character and any time he does anything (which can be very often and regularly), Magik makes protect tiles. This ensures that Flaptain will always have protect tiles for his nuke even if you haven't gotten hold of yellow yet. Then, between Vulture giving a little red and Magik's purple Repeater making red tiles, Flaptain's 14 AP red nuke becomes faster to fire.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

Polaris/Flaptain/P4nther is probably pretty good too. Flaptain’s red has no cap outside of the whole board, and Polaris can get the board flooded real fast. Any matches of protects you make along the way P4nther will do a bunch of damage on as well.

• AlexR

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Polaris/Flaptain/P4nther is probably pretty good too. Flaptain’s red has no cap outside of the whole board, and Polaris can get the board flooded real fast. Any matches of protects you make along the way P4nther will do a bunch of damage on as well.

In theory. Problem is you're dealing with a slow start (9 yllw AP or 10 blue AP or 7 yllw AP+2-turn+luck) to get protect tiles on the field in the first place and no red battery to speed Flaptain's nuke up. He'll struggle to get there before Polaris just completes the battle. Panther/Polaris is very fun though! But yeah, I think they'll do much better with a third who has a cheap/free protect tile starter instead of Flaptain.

It's similar if you try to run BRBPolaris with Flaptain. If you get his nuke off, it's awesome, but they're a bit too fast for him to be able to keep up. BRB + Flaptain + battery works quite well for them both, though!

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

With Daredevil boosted, I've been running HalfDeardevil/4CaptainMarvel/5Gargantos.

Daredevil puts down strikes, marvel boosts them into stupid amounts for each countdown Gargs makes (this week both DD and Marvel are boosted, so it gets ultra silly).

Iceman with Mighty Thor is awesome (again, with iceman boosted it gets silly) because all 3 of his powers enjoy being smooshed. add Daredevil for added damage to stunned enemies, or 5torm for an added charged tile.

• ThaRoadWarrior

@AlexR said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

In theory. Problem is you're dealing with a slow start (9 yllw AP or 10 blue AP or 7 yllw AP+2-turn+luck) to get protect tiles on the field in the first place and no red battery to speed Flaptain's nuke up. He'll struggle to get there before Polaris just completes the battle. Panther/Polaris is very fun though! But yeah, I think they'll do much better with a third who has a cheap/free protect tile starter instead of Flaptain.

It's similar if you try to run BRBPolaris with Flaptain. If you get his nuke off, it's awesome, but they're a bit too fast for him to be able to keep up. BRB + Flaptain + battery works quite well for them both, though!

@AlexR said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I tried it myself in Simulator. I was able to 1-shot a champed Kitty with Flaptain’s red, but even with all 3 characters above 350 it wasn’t enough to take down the 5* teams in my MMR unfortunately. But yeah it was slower than I prefer.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

Sam Wilson is also great with Knull and Grocket. Every blue match not only helps Knull's countdowns resolve quicker but also strengthens the strike tiles, increasing that permanent damage.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Boosted BRB/Boosted P4nther/Polaris is working pretty awesome in Infinite Pursuit.

• Sekilicious
    edited October 2022

Apocalypse, Kamala Khan, and Arcade was pretty effective in Arcade’s required node if you can proc Sanctum Santorum and match three yellow in the first turn. I put taskmaster’s sword on Arcade for the uptick in damage. Eventually every match does 9 to 15k extra damage. Putting iso into Arcade is not required.