Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Borstock said:
    Does Chasm need any nerf? His and his revive partners are gimmicks.  :s  

Stun locking teams with Bishop was a "gimmick". It's a gimmick that worked. But Bishop had like 25k health and went away when dead. 

The above 3v1 took 47 minutes to win.

Broken.
    Erm, I’ve beaten chasm, she5hulk teams in pick 2 vs without too much difficulty. It’s time consuming but if you strategise correctly (you know, like in a puzzle game) by leaving chasm until last and then just stun him so he doesn’t heal on web tile matches it’s not too bad.

At the end of the day it’s up to each person if they want to take that fight or if they hit the skip button because they can’t spare the time for it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    If it takes 47 minutes to win this particular match, it has to do with using the wrong strategy, rather than Chasm being broken. By bring Chasm against Chasm, you are helping AI Chasm to heal more easily. On top of that, Crystal also helps with healing her team.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found this on Reddit today. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/y53ysx/immortal_team_counter/
    TLDR is that Killing iHulk repeatedly until he tanks everything using Wanda and Colossus is an effective counter. Wanda and Colossus mitigate most damage. Once iHulk tanks Chasm is effectively neutered. Not for short battles perhaps. But less than 47 minutes.
    I agree with the sentiment that sometimes there are solutions to problems other than knee jerk calling for nerfs.
  • HoundofShadow
    It takes me between 2 minutes 40 seconds to 3 minutes 50 seconds to deal with SHulk/Chasm/iHulk, depending on how lucky iHulk is with "matching green passively". It's 1 healthpack every one or two matches depending on RNG.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    IMO,

Chasm is a Polaris level character. By which I mean the fact that he is not himself a champion that can not be dealt with what we have already but yet he is very strong if not too strong here and might require future counter releases.

The big diffirence with Polaris is a fact HOW MUCH (time, money, commitment etc.) you have to spend to be able to deal with him. When Polaris came out, we had already few options to deal with her: in 5* land she just dies to match damage; in 4* land it any stunner, Juggernaut (to some extent), Sabertooth etc. Also Polaris herself is good option too. But we get more whithin next year: Morbius or Blob are good examples but not the only one. Getting any of those characters is not that hard. Sure, it takes time. More, the lower level of play you are in. New Players are advised to get Polaris, Rocket, Juggs and then Polaris counters first, before anyone else. And even if getting some of them totghether requires some time...

...It is still less time to get SINGLE Chasm counter. I mean, by the time you can champion ONE 5* you can get a full 4* roster to deal with Polaris or anybody else in 4* land. Meaning, that if you want to deal with him and you do not have his counters yet it makes you screwed for much longer than 4* equivalent in Polaris herself in 4* land.

And that is one thing. I can't deal with him cause I do not possess any of his counter yet. More! I can not deal with many more teams which are less strong due too same reason. Even If I did not chased Wasp, I wouldn't be able to do it yet because I would not have much better roster. And how many targeted 5* covers I got since I came back to the game ~month ago? 1,5, of which half of Proffessor was Milestone reward and much of it due to anniversary steamrolling. How many did I get for Red Guardian to champ Yelena in the same time? 13 +2 from milestone shards. So... with the same speed, by the time I could cover one 5*  I could cover ~13 4*s. The numbers might be off but the point is still the same. Getting one 5* counter for Chasm =/= getting one for Polaris

The second thing is connected to the 1st one. I believe that in 5* land we can not have Polaris level releases of characters - which means not champions with strong kits, like iHulk, Okoye, BRB or Kitty are or were. Any of those on her own aren't that strong (which does not mean they are weak). They have to have a specific partner to steamroll. But champions like Chasm are self sustained. He do all the things I would like to have in a game: when I enter the fight I want opponent to gain/have as low as possible AP, to not fire any powers and I want to mitigate as much damage as I can and heal to minimilise Health Pack Usage. 

And Chasm has/provides all of it. In one kit. Kitty needed BRB to be Gritty. iHulk needed Okoye to be Hulkoye. Same with any other meta: at least two characters are needed to get it done. With exception to Chasm. He needs noone. A Chams meta requires you only have Chasm. Chasm do not nead iShulk or iHulk to get steamrolled. He does not need Crystal. He just need himself. And that is the problem: his kit os overloaded with goodie-goods.
  • HoundofShadow
    You don't need mirror match to counter Chasm. In any new meta, there will always be players who miss out on a certain counter. 
  • SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    So this morning I jump into a Howard versus against a champed Chavez, loaner Howard, and 400ish Prof 5X (this is on the really easy end of my MMR, using solo champed MThor).

Early in the match enemy team gets a small cascade with muliple green matches getting Howard to 8 green. Normally I would probably just pop out because its not worth the cascade of death risk, BUT there are only 4 green tiles left on the board and Chavez is already dead so even if Prof 5X gets a match 4 its not that big of a deal.

AI proceeds to get a massive chain of match 4/5s that lets Prof 5X kill my full health MThor...
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    You don't need mirror match to counter Chasm. In any new meta, there will always be players who miss out on a certain counter. 
    I think that you missed my point. I may be wrong, but just in case, I will clarify. And keep the poem short.

The problem is  not whether a counter already exist or not. The problem is not whether some players have that counter or not. The problem lies in "how fast a player who do not have that counter can get it" and in case of 5* land the answer is always "too long". That is why extra caution is neccessary on 5* land. *

Anyway, I think that Chasm's kit is too strong. One or two things from his kit - healing, stun, ap drain and "high" Health - should not exist in final version. BUT Does he requires a nerf? Too early to say but propably not. We have survived Hulkoye, Thorkoye, Gritty and whatever meta then we can survive Hulkasm too.

I think also that people are overpanicking just like in Polaris case.

* and that is why my fellow players, do not enter 5* land without certain 5*s ready to be used. If you want an easier transition. I am not complaing about entering 5* land with Wasp but I have done much more that just one day deciding "I will enter 5* land with Wasp as my 1st 5* champion). It requires a lot of planning and considering many factors to make it enjoyable and relatively easy.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Gymp28 said:
    Borstock said:
    Does Chasm need any nerf? His and his revive partners are gimmicks.  :s  

Stun locking teams with Bishop was a "gimmick". It's a gimmick that worked. But Bishop had like 25k health and went away when dead. 

The above 3v1 took 47 minutes to win.

Broken.
    Erm, I’ve beaten chasm, she5hulk teams in pick 2 vs without too much difficulty. It’s time consuming but if you strategise correctly (you know, like in a puzzle game) by leaving chasm until last and then just stun him so he doesn’t heal on web tile matches it’s not too bad.

At the end of the day it’s up to each person if they want to take that fight or if they hit the skip button because they can’t spare the time for it.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where I asked for your errm attitude. I was venting. That is what this thread is for.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    It takes me between 2 minutes 40 seconds to 3 minutes 50 seconds to deal with SHulk/Chasm/iHulk, depending on how lucky iHulk is with "matching green passively". It's 1 healthpack every one or two matches depending on RNG.

I keep hearing stuff like this on these forums and yet I can float top 20 in Simulator with a baby champ version of that team on defense (rank 16, haven't played Sim in 3 days - unheard of). And once I got there, every single queue has Chasm and iHulk, and most of those has She-Hulk.

So, everyone can keep telling me how easy it is to beat them, how fast it is, how reliable it is, and how it takes 1 health pack every 2 matches, but the ability to float with a baby champ defensive team hasn't been seen in years, if ever. I've been playing 6+ years and have NEVER been able to float like this. Not even close. So your strategies might work for you, but it hasn't done anything to change the complete and total dominance of that team. This is the strongest and most dominant meta I have ever seen.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:

I keep hearing stuff like this on these forums and yet I can float top 20 in Simulator with a baby champ version of that team on defense (rank 16, haven't played Sim in 3 days - unheard of). And once I got there, every single queue has Chasm and iHulk, and most of those has She-Hulk.

So, everyone can keep telling me how easy it is to beat them, how fast it is, how reliable it is, and how it takes 1 health pack every 2 matches, but the ability to float with a baby champ defensive team hasn't been seen in years, if ever. I've been playing 6+ years and have NEVER been able to float like this. Not even close. So your strategies might work for you, but it hasn't done anything to change the complete and total dominance of that team. This is the strongest and most dominant meta I have ever seen.
    This probably isn’t the best indication of that, yet. This season’s sim only required a very low victory total to get all the progression rewards. I pretty much stopped after I did that on day 3. I only jumped back in because I wanted to see how difficult it would be to beat team immortal. I played six matches won five none of them went abnormally long but none of them were particularly fast. 
    What I learned is if I need to break through a wall of team immortal it isn’t hard. It does cost a health pack, or two, but the 75 points is worth the trade off. My goal is to get on the other side where I am able to rack up wins again.
    When I am hunting chasm teams I’m always looking for those who have him at three purple. Much easier match. 
    There are more than one set of counters but those who have built their rosters narrowly will find their options limited. 
    That is as it should be. 
    I don’t see Chasm in the same light as pre-nerf Bishop. I don’t need Chasm to win at the moment. In the bad old Bishop days I had to have him to win that match. It tells me the game has grown when there are already solutions available to a new character like Chasm already present. 
  • HoundofShadow
    This season is a short season. My alt account hit full progression in 11 wins, which is the minimum number of wins needed to hit 800 points/38 wins. It has already called it a day, and there's another 8 days to go.

Players are still not used to dealing with such revive teams. Once videos on how to deal with them are out, there will be more players hitting such teams with ease, provided that they have them. 
  • Sekilicious
    I also haven’t been hit in a few days running Chasm, mThor, and Silk. It is a weird season for sure.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022

Playing today's Behomoth Burrito node and realizing the 3 characters (She Hulk, Daredevil and Captain America) are beyond useless as characters.

For amusement sake since DDQ nodes are an annoying waste of time, I play a little game where I force myself to retreat if the enemy team is about fire an AOE or any single power than does more than 2K damage (like Fury's Yellow). This means I have to manage enemy AP pools and kill dangerous characters fast.

First time I tried, I had to retreat 5 times due to either Furys Yellow or Fist having 12 black and about to fire Purple so that I ended up with 3 dead characters (I never heal between retries because you should be able to win with 3 half health characters). Waited 4 hours for them to heal and tried again. 3 more retreats. Eventually I realized these 3 characters they saddle you with are hopeless (Daredevils Red gets over written by Daken and my undercovered Hulks Red hits like a pillow and don't get me started on Cap). I had to equip Chewie and +40% match damage boost to win. I've NEVER EVER had to do anything like that before on any of the DDQ nodes.

Please, lets ditch this team forever because it has ZERO synergy and is hopeless due to 3 awful characters.

KGB

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

I just saw from the Cosmic Chaos preview that next week Polaris and GRocket are boosted.

Good news for PvE I guess, but omg pvp is going to be so boring and tedious next week. Boosted Polaris/GRocket every event, all day, all nodes all week. I already hate it.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

Teen Jean is in both the Behemoth Burrito and Big Enchilada matches today, so you just know that you're going to cascade into a Match-5. Or three, as the case may be - two in the Burrito, and one in the Enchilada.

Bonus points for killing off the first person in the Big Enchilada with a Match-5 and then having Jean come in to damage and stun the entire team.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

My RNG luck in Sharp dressed was pretty abysmal today. Literally 4 of my ~25 matches started with the enemy team getting a 5-match turn 1.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2022

In PVP simulator, with team immortal (Chasm, iHulk, iSHulk), opposing team is down to 1: Shang Chi. My team is relatively healthy (for revive characters), except for Chasm who has nearly killed himself.
    Chasm "end of turn ability" downs himself, but alas, this actually triggers at the start of opponents turn. The removal of the chasm tiles triggers a hellscape of a cascade, including multiple match-5's. Shang Chi likes this very much, as his Combo points get filled and doing stupendous damage with the criticals from the match 5's, resulting in first downing both She-Hulk and iHulk, but through some weird stacking of the rules or something like that, Chasm comes back. The cascade has not finished yet, so continues on to also down Chasm. Had to sit in dumbfounded amazement staring at the result.

• Sekilicious
    edited December 2022

That sucks but brings me back to the good old Polaris cascades that would kill off my counter team when I was back in 4* land.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

@stef_focus said:
    In PVP simulator, with team immortal (Chasm, iHulk, iSHulk), opposing team is down to 1: Shang Chi. My team is relatively healthy (for revive characters), except for Chasm who has nearly killed himself.
    Chasm "end of turn ability" downs himself, but alas, this actually triggers at the start of opponents turn. The removal of the chasm tiles triggers a hellscape of a cascade, including multiple match-5's. Shang Chi likes this very much, as his Combo points get filled and doing stupendous damage with the criticals from the match 5's, resulting in first downing both She-Hulk and iHulk, but through some weird stacking of the rules or something like that, Chasm comes back. The cascade has not finished yet, so continues on to also down Chasm. Had to sit in dumbfounded amazement staring at the result.

As you described the situation, I could actually visualize it happening. I shudder knowing exactly what that feels like.