Prismatic Bridge is Casting when it should be Summoning [Investigating]

Janosik
Janosik Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
Prismatic Bridge is Casting creatures when it should be Summoning them.

I'm not 100% sure whether it's happening every time it brings a creature into play but it's happening very frequently, certainly multiple times in every game.

In the past I've noticed that Prismatic Bridge will increase the count on Cast-based objectives (e.g. In the Skoti Bloodline event, "Cast 10 or more Historic cards during a single fight"), or Cast-based journal quests (e.g. "Cast 16 Creature cards" for 250 xp).

Today I noticed twice in one game that when my Prismatic Bridge tried to bring a creature into play it was countered by a Pact of Negation.

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022
    I think it only happens when Prismatic Bridge fetches another Prismatic Bridge and as a result you get Esika on the board or if it fetches any other Herald card. All of Kaldheim Herald cards are programed to count as a cast even if they are tokens because you usually pay the Herald mana so you are casting it. So even if Prismatic bridge summons those Herald cards they still count as "cast" because of that exception on the game's code
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, this makes sense, I didn't think it was happening every single turn but I wasn't sure.

Hopefully with this extra information the bug can be fixed.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.