*** Arcade (King of PWN) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited November 2022 in Character Details

Arcade (King of PWN)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Mercenaries, Technologists, Geniuses

"Master of Murderworld, Arcade is taking a more direct hand in the destruction of his enemies, or just those he was paid to destroy. In this digital form, he leverages a combination of hard light and nanomachines to wreak havoc on his current subjects. All hail Arcade, the KingofPWN!"

(Abilities listed at level 40, followed by 166)
2117 Health / 8075 Health
 6 | 7 | 22 | 25 | 7 | 19 | 14 | 3.0x
 11 | 12 | 70 | 79 | 13 | 61 | 41 | 3.0x

Murderworld - 7  AP
Choose a color and place a Control Room Trap tile in that color (Max 1). For each Murderworld Trap tile on the board, deal 125 damage to a random enemy; if it matches the Control Room's color, deal double damage and destroy a random adjacent tile (Does not generate AP). (Max level 391 damage)

(PASSIVE) At the start of the battle, create a Purple Control Room Trap tile. Then, and each turn after, create 1 Murderworld Trap tile (up to 6). Without a Control Room Trap tile, Murderworld Trap tiles deal 75% less damage.
  • Level 2: Deals 150 damage, Murderworld tiles deal 70% less damage without a Control Room (Max level 469 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 175 damage, Murderworld tiles deal 65% less damage without a Control Room, create up to 8 Murderworld Trap tiles (Max level 547 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 225 damage, Murderworld tiles deal 60% less damage without a Control Room (Max level 704 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 325 damage, Murderworld tiles deal 50% less damage without a Control Room, creates 2 Murderworld Trap tiles a turn (up to 10) (Max level 1017 damage)
Insert Coin - 6  AP
Making traps and tricks is its own reward. It's about the journey, the whole murder thing is just the cherry on top. But sometimes, it's fun to let loose with something more direct! Choose a pair of colors. Deals 125 damage to the target for each Murderworld Trap tile in those colors and an additional effect for the colors chosen, removing Trap tiles in those colors (Max 1 Insert Coin special tile). (Max level 391 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 150 damage (Max level 469 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 175 damage (Max level 547 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 225 damage (Max level 704 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 325 damage (Max level 1017 damage)
Flame Burst
Creates a 1-turn Red Repeater tile that deals 125 times the number of Red and Yellow Murderworld Trap tiles removed damage. (Max level 391 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 150 damage (Max level 469 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 175 damage (Max level 547 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 225 damage (Max level 704 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 325 damage (Max level 1017 damage)
Muddy Mire
Creates a 2-turn Blue Countdown tile that Locks a surrounding number of tiles (prioritizing enemy special tiles) equal to the number of Blue and Green Murderworld Trap tiles removed. Locked tiles destroy enemy AP in their colors each turn.
  • Level 2: No change
  • Level 3: No change
  • Level 4: 3-turn Countdown tile
  • Level 5: No change
Poison Cloud
Creates a 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 469 times the number of Black and Purple Murderworld Trap tiles removed damage to the enemy team. If destroyed, it deals 234 damage to the enemy team and stuns them for 1 turn(s) from breathing the noxious fumes. (Max level 1464/732 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 563 damage, 281 if destroyed (Max level 1757/878 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 657 damage, 328 if destroyed (Max level 2050/1025 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 844 damage, 421 if destroyed (Max level 2635/1318 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1219 damage, 608 if destroyed, stuns for 2 turns (Max level 3806/1903 damage)
Happy Birthday! - 7  AP
Arcade uses anything he can get his hands on to give you a happy birthday. Choose a tile and place a 2-turn Doombot Repeater tile on the board which deals 376 damage and creates 1 Murderworld Trap tile(s) each time it activates. (Max level 1174 damage)

(PASSIVE) If there is a Doombot Repeater tile on the board, at the start of each turn, if there are at least Murderworld Trap tiles on the board, the Doombot destroys a Trap tile, dealing 156 damage to the enemy team and 45 damage to Arcade's allies. (Max level 487/139 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 451 damage, Passive deals 187/54 damage. (Max level 1409/584/167 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 526 damage, Passive deals 218/63 damage, 1 turn Repeater tile. (Max level 1644/682/195 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 677 damage, Passive deals 281/81 damage. (Max level 2113/877/250 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 978 damage, Passive deals 406/117 damage. (Max level 3052/1266/361 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Pacific

Release Events

Story

Fight for Wakanda - 10/20 - 10/24

Arcade (Edward Acra) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Arcade (Edward Acra) Shards + Cover Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Unstable Iso-8 - 10/24 - 10/28

Arcade (King of PWN) Covers as Placement rewards

Infinite Pursuit - 10/27 - 10/30

Arcade (King of PWN) Covers in Progression 

Arcade (Edward Acra) Shards in Progression rewards

Arcade (Edward Acra) Legendary Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Versus

It’s a Clip On - 10/20 - 10/23

Arcade (Edward Acra) shards as Placement rewards

Slam Tilt - 10/25 - 10/29

Arcade (Edward Acra) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Offers

Nobody Survives Store - 10/20 - 10/24

Chance to get Arcade (Edward Acra). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Double or Nothing Vault - 10/27 - 10/30

Chance to get Arcade (Edward Acra). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Game Over Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Game Over Legendary Store - 10/27 - 10/30

15% chance to get Arcade (Edward Acra), Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), and Loki (God of Mischief)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    hmm, does 3 star Arcade feed 4 star Doop?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Muddy Mire
    Creates a 2-turn Blue Countdown tile that Locks a surrounding number of tiles (prioritizing enemy special tiles) equal to the number of Blue and Green Murderworld Trap tiles removed. Locked tiles destroy enemy AP in their colors each turn.
    • Level 4: 2-turn Countdown tile
    Is one of these "2-turn"s wrong?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    McRich said:
    hmm, does 3 star Arcade feed 4 star Doop?
    Less talk, M.O.D.O.K!
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Muddy Mire
    • Level 4: 2-turn Countdown tile
    Is one of these "2-turn"s wrong?
    The 5* starts as a 3-turn, so I would assume that would be the correct number of turns. Level 4 is a 2-turn for both.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Added feeder info and fixed Muddy Mire's CD typo.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems fun.
    For 6 blue he can stun the enemy team for 2 turns. Pretty interesting. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Will the MODOK feeder rewards be retroactive like with the Emma release? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coincidentally, Sabretooth has a 7 black ap power called "Happy Birthday, Runt". His Doombot deals 3k aoe but only 361 damage to allies. Is 2k lesser damage a good tradeoff for 1.3k lesser allies damage? I'm looking at 3* vs 5* Doombot aoe.
  • Bad
    If you are going to use him on pve boosted with apoc okoye kitty etc... then the 3* version could be better as it doesn't matter too much some high numbers. 
    For pvp the 5* version should be tougher. Also it has the fortified repeaters which could help if the player relies on them too much. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shame you kept the blocky graphics for the 3* version, while ugly they made some sense for the twin alliance events, but for an ongoing character it just looks ugly.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Just champed him and yeah, agreed, that's strong damage for a 3* and imo he plays quite well for a trap tile character in general.

I'm trying out 3* partners with him in the Golden Disc DDQ node and so far I like 3* Thor. For the same logic that I think Thor/Mystique works well too: Both Thor and Arcade are selfish with colors and want to fire all/the majority of their colors, which means they need a partner that doesn't get in the way much (check, they have no overlap) and love a steady AP drip of all colors to help with speed (check, Arcade's trap tiles feed small bursts of random colors).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve just champed mine, and his trap damage at 170 is comparable to my level 344 Black Cat. 3* getting some big power creep along with their tier bloat it seems.

• Bad

Arcade 5* champed traps are 2500 damage and 3* are 1017, so at first sight one deals a lot of damage and another one not really too much.
    Still my arcade 3* is 180 level and it's 1056 damage so it's expected a maxed 3* will reach ~1150 damage, where the 5* maxed will deal 7500 (having the murder world control room).
    Numbers that work good for the 5* version and really good for the 3*.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve just champed mine, and his trap damage at 170 is comparable to my level 344 Black Cat. 3* getting some big power creep along with their tier bloat it seems.

3* Emma and 3* Arcade's powers are exact duplicates (unless I missed out something) of their 5* counterparts, which makes them overly complicated and overpowered for the 3* tier. I was hoping 3* Emma and Arcade would have simplified versions of the powers, in keeping with the rest of the 3* tier.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

3* Emma and 3* Arcade's powers are exact duplicates (unless I missed out something) of their 5* counterparts, which makes them overly complicated and overpowered for the 3* tier. I was hoping 3* Emma and Arcade would have simplified versions of the powers, in keeping with the rest of the 3* tier.

I think Arcade is the same at both tiers aside from some fortified tiles, but the two Emmas have different abilities with the same names.