Simulator Basics part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Mar 21-30)

Comments

• MTGOFerret wrote:
    33os6j5.png
    Ugggh..
    You guys in scavangers have the same issues with rewards?

Isn't that the sub reward? That's OK. We don't have the main reward yet.
  • Well lazy cap is at level 20. Going to wait and see how the events pan out over the week.
  • Sweenz wrote:
    Update. Just got all the rewards except for the overall alliance reward.

Updated^2 -- Just recieved all my awards.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Well lazy cap is at level 20. Going to wait and see how the events pan out over the week.

I want to keep mine at 15 so he can hang out with Bag-Man at the rear of my roster. He stays there until he proves himself.
  • allorin wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    You guys in scavangers have the same issues with rewards?

Isn't that the sub reward? That's OK. We don't have the main reward yet.
    Yeah was sub was still supposed to be 100HP but I agree nothing to spaz over like I was when I thought it was the main and had no cap as well :s
  • When all was said and done I managed to score a yellow Cap. Woo? I have a small alliance of mostly once a week players, QQ. And I guess I need to look into how to take advantage of the shling because I didn't make it 250,000, even though I felt like I was grinding my way through this.

So if any devs are listening, maybe lower the points requirement for the 8k ISO, that would be awesome.
  • Viorala wrote:
    So if any devs are listening, maybe lower the points requirement for the 8k ISO, that would be awesome.
    The devs are always listening. And watching. They're creepy like that.

Seriously though, every event they tweak where the progression rewards are at and the rubberbanding effects. I think there have been events where no one has reached the top 2 rewards (in this one, I haven't heard of anyone getting the 300K reward) and in other events it seemed like it was a given that you'd hit the top reward if you played consistently. They're always trying to balance things, so be patient and some events you'll get more than others. Although I assume we can say grats on your 2 Daredevil covers? Is that something even worthy of a grats?
  • Actually this events progression rewards are one of the things I have to compliment them the most on
    I don't think I've ever seen this much given away as this event had from them before in terms of iso and 3* covers..
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    It is, I want to level my Daredevil because he's fun as all get out, so that was nice. Thanks!

The shling (rubberbanding) seemed better this time, although I haven't really had complaints in the past, it just seemed more on point. Unfortunately it was hard to do even the not so scaled high events because my Lazy Thor is indeed a lazy ****, but that's because he's still only 15 and young.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Actually this events progression rewards are one of the things I have to compliment them the most on
    I don't think I've ever seen this much given away as this event had from them before in terms of iso and 3* covers..
    Episode 4 - Brotherhood had similar, but gave 3 Punisher covers as progression rewards (and a lot of people, myself included, managed to get all 3).

But yeah, I definitely love the trend. The progression rewards take a lot of effort but are very satisfying to achieve.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Actually this events progression rewards are one of the things I have to compliment them the most on

Pretty sure I got three Punisher covers from the Hulk event (or am I mistaken?).
  • Milkrain wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Pretty sure I got three Punisher covers from the Hulk event (or am I mistaken?).

Alot of people hit the highest progression reward by the mid to 3/4 mark of that event. I personally had the final punisher cover before the final nodes started.
  • Yeah I forgot that the last hulk event had 3 punishers because I already had him cover maxed. But its certainly a new trend and I for one like it,
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited March 2014
    Sweenz wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Alot of people hit the highest progression reward by the mid to 3/4 mark of that event. I personally had the final punisher cover before the final nodes started.
    Yeah, same. I think I hit the third Punisher cover just before the final nodes. I'm also curious as to whether anyone (or rather, anyone on the forum) hit the 300K mark. I was optimizing pretty well, ending ranked 1-1-1 (admittedly in a not-too-intense main bracket), and I didn't even breach 280K.
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    But its certainly a new trend and I for one like it,
    Yep, between progression rewards and a few lucky token pulls, I've gotten a veritable avalanche of useful 3* covers lately. I heartily approve.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Yeah I forgot that the last hulk event had 3 punishers because I already had him cover maxed. But its certainly a new trend and I for one like it,
    I want to go dig up the thread and see if anyone got the 4* progression rewards in heroic Oscorp. I'm pretty sure I stopped after getting the purple DD cover at 10K, but at 50K (which was absurd), 52K and 54K you could get the 4* Wolvie covers. I'd love to see something similar in the future, but toned down just a bit.
  • All I have to say about the rewards is, before the end of the Simulator I had about 6800 ISO. Now after all the rewards, Alliance rewards and 8000 ISO progression reward, I'm somehow sitting on 24,089 ISO. That. Is. Awesome.
  • Riggy wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Yeah I forgot that the last hulk event had 3 punishers because I already had him cover maxed. But its certainly a new trend and I for one like it,
    I want to go dig up the thread and see if anyone got the 4* progression rewards in heroic Oscorp. I'm pretty sure I stopped after getting the purple DD cover at 10K, but at 50K (which was absurd), 52K and 54K you could get the 4* Wolvie covers. I'd love to see something similar in the future, but toned down just a bit.

If I remember correctly, no one on the forums got the 4* rewards in that event, but IceIX came on to say there were a few players that got all three. I think the closest forum goers got was 40k
  • UncleSam wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

If I remember correctly, no one on the forums got the 4* rewards in that event, but IceIX came on to say there were a few players that got all three. I think the closest forum goers got was 40k
    That's impressive. There's someone more hardcore than TheLadder?
  • You would not have time to post on the forums if you earned all three X-Force covers. Sleep might be out of the question too.
  • I didn't... crown about icon_e_sad.gif Well played by everyone, indeed! We had a member mia for 2 of the events, not making excuses, just explaining. Hope to see you all in the next event icon_cool.gif