Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a potential 4 more Emma Frost covers in the Arcade event, I figured I'd go ahead and open some Latest Legends even though DocThor is already champed.  In 50 pulls, I got 2 Thors (461), 1 Chasm (5/3/4, 160 shards), and 5 iShulks (3/4/2).  Really pleased with those results and the distribution was as good as I could have hope for.  

I'm now at 5 unchamped classics:  
    Sersi (12 covers, 490 shards) - used a milestone reward to get her nearly champed, will finish next time boosted)
    Odin (12 covers, 285 shards)
    Ronan (11 covers, 169 shards) * current favourite
    Havok (10 covers) * Reptil my next 4* favourite

and most importantly, 4* Widow only has 4 covers to go before 5* Black Widow is finished

Bowgentle said:
    Yeah that's post iso then, everyone leveled as high as you can. Nice job.
    Even though I still think  it's a terrible idea to draw classics.
    I get it, but for me, classics is mainly a way to extract just a few more shards (like finishing Sersi) or stave off boredom (like @dramatist said) while hoarding for the next batch.  I'm not a 550 player, I'm a champ 'em all player, so as soon as I'm able to keep up with Latest, then I can use some excess CP to move the 4* / 5* shards along quicker
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grabbed a 20 shard slug for Bolt out of the store that got me an LT, and that was a green Chasm, so he is champed now.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    chasm needs half a cover in shards, I’m not sure if he will get featured again before droppping or not.
    He’ll definitely get at least one more feature (probably 10/30). And very likely 2 more features. 

DocThor has to leave first (early November), and assuming there’s no weird short season or something, he’ll probably leave early December. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Right on. I don't have as good of a mental muscle memory for when characters are leaving anymore with the new season based schedule, even though it should be easier now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I champed 3* Frost organically; she is pretty available it turns out. I hit full progression in Remastered, so 5* Frost is 3/2/2.
  • rainkingucd
    @ThaRoadWarrior:  4* Widow with just 395 shards to go!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Man, you really caught up! I need 979 shards on mine.
  • rainkingucd
    Man, you really caught up! I need 979 shards on mine.
    Finished!  got impatient and ended up pulling a mix of classics and LL to get her up to exactly 400 shards.  inflated my DocThor along the way but oh well (and a JJ, Cap FA, Strange from classics).

BW is now finished, I can relax and go back to the long slow build on Reptil, and finally start saving up for iShulk/Emma/Arcade
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i just need 373 more shards to finish mine up. I put my 3* favorite on Spider-Man to get some trickle shards for Iron Spider in the background. I'll move my 4* to IS after widow wraps up just in case the rotation changes or something and Black Suit ends up not getting featured next month after all. I need 12 more Iron Spiders to finish him up, and then I'll be caught up through Chasm. Or is Jane out next? Either way.

Current Latest:
    Jane Foster: 451 w/ 2 shards
    Chasm: 450 w/ 242 shards
    She-Hulk: 1/1/0 with 1202 shards

NEW: 
    Frost: 3/2/2 with 700 shards (i had a max champ Emma going into the feeder update)
    Arcade: 1/1/1 w/ 0 shards (MODOK was 322 going into the feeder update)

I have a 0/1/2 set of covers for 3* Arcade on the vine, i'm short 340 hp to roster him.

Interestingly on the 4* front, I have a champable Doop already but Reptil is 3/3/4 with 125 shards and She-Hulk is 3/4/4 with 325 shards. 

Peggy and C4rol also hit 370 this week, but i haven't had to try and roster a duplicate yet and won't until they land organically.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Where did you get your 3* Arcade covers from?  I see he is available, but not in rewards until next events.  Did you pull 3 of him already?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah i pulled them all back to back out of heroic and mighty tokens; I didn't have that experience with Frost so I kind of wasn't expecting it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I finished up Widow this morning, but I’m actually a little light on iso since I champed Doop and 4* She-Hulk. I have 454k, so I should have the rest in a day or so here during Double Iso. I moved my 4* to Iron Spider.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

Widow is officially champed. I’m down to needing 11 iron spiders.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2022

Just 7 more Iron Spiders to go until I am caught up through Chasm. All my non-NEW labelelled unique 4* are champed, but since i don't keep max-champ 3* I just have the one free Deathlok cover so far. 3* Emma and Arcade are up in the 170s just from organic growth with no favoriting.

3* fav is still Spider-Man, he's in the 220s right now.

Current Latest:
    Chasm: lvl 451
    She-Hulk: 1/1/2 with 1677 shards (been my fav since jane was champed)
    Emma: 5/2/2 with 740 shards (had a max-champ 4* frost at launch)

NEW:
    Arcade: 1/1/1 with 455 shards (had a 32X MODOK at launch)

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

BSSM is coming soon. I promise. Just gotta trust the rotation.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’ve got some life stuff this month too, so I figured there was nothing wrong with hedging my bets. If I end up with an extra 250 shards it won’t be the end of the world. In fact if that happens it’ll just be 2 more iron spiders to a 451st level, assuming I hit these 7 before then.

• Punter1

Got Reptil up over 300 and some bonus shards meant Havok is done.

Leaves Samurai needing 400 shards or 60 days until he is in my re-supply or shardmas 3.0. I fully expect he will be featured in the new feeder updates and so I should be guaranteed his last cover from that.

All latest are done and Arcade already at 1/2/1 - this is as done as I have ever been.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Yeah no doubt; that’s about as far along as it gets for champ em all.

• rainkingucd

@Punter1 said:
    Got Reptil up over 300 and some bonus shards meant Havok is done.

Leaves Samurai needing 400 shards or 60 days until he is in my re-supply or shardmas 3.0. I fully expect he will be featured in the new feeder updates and so I should be guaranteed his last cover from that.

All latest are done and Arcade already at 1/2/1 - this is as done as I have ever been.

Wow, that Havok champing moved quick. Awesome.

I opened my hoard when Emma entered and managed to get bonus shards on both Odin and Ronan, and now both are champed.

I'm in a similar situation now. All latest done, Arcade at 1/0/0 (905 shards). My only classic left to go is Havok. He is 4/3/4, and Reptil is at 290. I am also sitting on 500 shards via milestones. Once I get Reptil up to 300, I'll use that to champ Havok and be done with classics

• Punter1

Yup - looked back in the thread and I was at 9 Havok 2 months ago. So 2 covers from Reptil and 3 from shards, he's at 451 now. I did open a bunch of tokens through the last couple of months getting Thor, Chasm done and levelled up. Surprised, now that i look, just how quickly that went, no complaints!